Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New England Pass Defense is pretty good

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
New England Pass Defense is pretty good
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:31 pm
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick 20 of 30 for 182 yards, 0 TDs 3 INTs

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/de ... 20/reg/all

The Dolphins don't have the talent the Seahawks have, but i expect this to be evenly called in run and pass, with up tempo, less running the play clock to 1, and change up like last week of early passing, but not quite as much.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Number one pass defense last year
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• Pete loves playing NE. It will be a fun game.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• May be the game to kick the tires on Dallas?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Vegas currently has the game at Seattle minus four (-4). I believe that the Hawks win but I don't see them winning by five points. They may but if I were betting the game I'd take the points.
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Hawkstorian wrote:Pete loves playing NE. It will be a fun game.

:rumble:
    LOL thats a true statement!!!
    LTH
    NET Veteran

• I have never been a throw the ball all over the place, but hoped to be more adaptive week to week. In the past beating the head against the wall for 3 qtrs was mind numbing and the definition of insanity.

These first two weeks can test how adaptive they may be finally trying to be.

pass last week against a weak Falcon secondary and try to run right at the Patriots this week. Mixing it up and adapting as game ebbs and flows.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Seattle Pass Offense is pretty good.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

• This isn't the peak Brady pats, they have nothing on offense.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

• Ambrose83 wrote:This isn't the peak Brady pats, they have nothing on offense.
    Superman!?!?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Just use the Forty Niner game plan. Remember that defense of a year ago?

Stack the box and force Jimmy G...err...I mean Cam to beat you with his arm. Bobby Wagner and Jamal Adams. I think we have the tackling machines to make this happen. Gap discipline baby.

Seattle just faced Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley and that dynamic duo got most of their padded stats when down by two scores. I'm not fearing the Patriot wideouts nearly as much. If for any other reason than the amount of continuity that Matt Ryan has had with his group compared to how long Cam has been practicing with his new Patriot receivers in the shortened off season. Let's find out just how much chemistry Cam has developed with his receivers.
    Last edited by Mick063 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• yup.

Stop their run game.

Run on them.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Pete knows a solid running game on Sunday night is key. He will do what it takes to get the W. Against the Falcons, heavy on the pass game was called for, and worked. It likely will be heavier on the run game, and this team can pound the rock.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Belichick's defenses usually force an opponent to play an offense that he wants , His pass D will have the Hawks running
    much more this week .
    xray
    NET Veteran

• Gilmore will be 100% shadowing DK and Belichick will be doubling Lockett, forcing someone else to step up. I don't think he will let Cam do much either, expecting a very run heavy, ball controlled game plan from them.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• I think stifling the Miami passing attack is a much different task than stifling the Seattle passing attack. We're pretty good on the ground too. No way they can do both. A strong balanced attack, which NE appears not to have, will prevail (barring a major covid outbreak in our bubble), and by more than 5 points.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Yeah, and our pass offense appears to be damn good. Strength vs strength.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

• If Gilmore's following DK around, who's watching our TEs?
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

• I expect to see NE run the ball in the closest thing to the Flying-V since it was legal.

They are going to shove as many OL as they can on the field to both move the ball on our weak run D and keep the ball from Wilson. All the more reason to throw the ball, because we won't get many chances. We have to score when we do.

You never know with Bill though. He is leagues better than Pete as a coach (not an insult, he is leagues better than every coach.) He specifically looks to do whatever it is that the other team is terrible at stopping. We have no pass rush and a suspect run defense so I imagine he exploits both of those. Long passes and lots of running the ball means we will be playing the closest thing to Pete Ball imaginable.

The most important thing is that we use Wilson to the best of his ability. W or L you should ride your best horse. The objective is do what you do best to be in sync for the playoffs.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Yes, this game is bad news for the let Russ cook crowd, pass D is NE's strength. The Pats lost what, 2-3 of their front seven with Covid opt outs?

So this is the game to ram it down their throats with Carson and Hyde and take shots on play action.

I never count out a Belichick coached team, he gets more out of nothing than any coach in NFL history, but we've always handled Newton, so barring crazy turnoevers this is a game we should win by 10 or more.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• The key is that losing to Bill would not mean this new approach does not work.

Also, being in Seattle is not the advantage it usually is for obvious reasons.

Excited to see this but won't be devastated if Bill figures out some way to victimize Carroll given we have some pretty obvious weaknesses we likely won't have time to fix yet.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Yes, this game is bad news for the let Russ cook crowd, pass D is NE's strength. The Pats lost what, 2-3 of their front seven with Covid opt outs?

So this is the game to ram it down their throats with Carson and Hyde and take shots on play action.

I never count out a Belichick coached team, he gets more out of nothing than any coach in NFL history, but we've always handled Newton, so barring crazy turnoevers this is a game we should win by 10 or more.

This.

Yeah, they have "Superman" :roll: , but Seattle is Cam's kryptonite. Gonna be fun to see how Adams impacts this game.

Hawks 27
    Pats 17
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• Yes, their D is legit. Last year Gilmore won DPOY he's the closest thing to a shut down corner there is in the league.

BBBUUUUTTTT

That team also got FAT last year off a tanking Miami team twice, a Josh Allen led Buffalo team and a Jets team that I think had Luke Falk starting one of the two games.....

So yes, their good, but I actually think last years Niners D was better maybe not stats wise but more talent.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• Whos pass rush isn't good against us?
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• SE174 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Yes, this game is bad news for the let Russ cook crowd, pass D is NE's strength. The Pats lost what, 2-3 of their front seven with Covid opt outs?

This.

Yeah, they have "Superman" :roll: , but Seattle is Cam's kryptonite. Gonna be fun to see how Adams impacts this game.

Hawks 27
    Pats 17

Pretty sure Cam beat us the last time he played us. Just saying.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:
    SE174 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Yes, this game is bad news for the let Russ cook crowd, pass D is NE's strength. The Pats lost what, 2-3 of their front seven with Covid opt outs?

This.

Hawks 27
    Pats 17

Pretty sure Cam beat us the last time he played us. Just saying.

Seahawks 30
    Cam Newtons 27

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 250car.htm

Just saying.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• TwistedHusky wrote:The key is that losing to Bill would not mean this new approach does not work.

Also, being in Seattle is not the advantage it usually is for obvious reasons.

Excited to see this but won't be devastated if Bill figures out some way to victimize Carroll given we have some pretty obvious weaknesses we likely won't have time to fix yet.

Pete and Russ have beaten BB a couple times already while with the Seahawks, and one game we lost--the one game we'd all trade for all the other wins, I'm sure--was still extremely close.

I don't care which approach is used as long as it brings a win. If it does, then the better coach probably won. If the game comes down to a turnover or fluke bounce, then the coaches are fairly evenly matched. Using hyperbole like "leagues ahead" is just rhetoric, and really isn't even true.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• TreeRon wrote:If Gilmore's following DK around, who's watching our TEs?

Agreed . I think this could be a good game for Olson and Dissley.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• Adams and company are gonna' get in to Clam's head, you'll see...…..
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Im trying to remember the details. The last time we played them and won in NE, with Kam defending Gronk as time expired.

What were we up? Didn't Pete go for two to make it a 9 point game instead of 8? Trying to remember back.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• 94Smith wrote:Number one pass defense last year

Didn't they lose a bunch of guys though, due to Covid?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Number one pass defense last year

We lost a safety, Pat Chung, who's lost a step anyway. Also a couple of LB's, Van Noy and Hightower, which is more of a concern. Overall 4-5 new starters on D, but a stacked defensive backfield. The front 7 played well Sunday fwiw.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:

We lost a safety, Pat Chung, who's lost a step anyway. Also a couple of LB's, Van Noy and Hightower, which is more of a concern. Overall 4-5 new starters on D, but a stacked defensive backfield. The front 7 played well Sunday fwiw.

Fitz isn't Wilson, he is a shorter Pocket guy really, smart but limited. Wilsons scramble drills and running while looking down field can't be emulated by a Cam either, our receivers and Wilson are much better coordinated and a young secondary under Bill will stick to assignments and the handoffs for scrambles may create chaos.

We have three different style of backs, Thumper in Hyde, thumper one cut guy in Carson and a Homer a slasher more then a Thumper. Dallas is more a combination of One cut / Slasher that can run with limited power from what I have seen and all of them can catch.

I expect a bit of rotation and if someone gets hot to feed them and then hit TE's and The deep ball.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:

Fitz isn't Wilson, he is a shorter Pocket guy really, smart but limited. Wilsons scramble drills and running while looking down field can't be emulated by a Cam either, our receivers and Wilson are much better coordinated and a young secondary under Bill will stick to assignments and the handoffs for scrambles may create chaos.

We have three different style of backs, Thumper in Hyde, thumper one cut guy in Carson and a Homer a slasher more then a Thumper. Dallas is more a combination of One cut / Slasher that can run with limited power from what I have seen and all of them can catch.

I expect a bit of rotation and if someone gets hot to feed them and then hit TE's and The deep ball.

I think Carson is one of the top backs in the league.

I imagine Belichick will go with a CB spy like Jonathan Jones to watch Wilson, like he's done when playing Mahomes and Jackson.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:

I imagine Belichick will go with a CB spy like Jonathan Jones to watch Wilson, like he's done when playing Mahomes and Jackson.

Too much spying RW is a mistake. He doesn't run often and it would lead to more gaps in zone or man and he is always looking to throw first.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Smellyman wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:We lost a safety, Pat Chung, who's lost a step anyway. Also a couple of LB's, Van Noy and Hightower, which is more of a concern. Overall 4-5 new starters on D, but a stacked defensive backfield. The front 7 played well Sunday fwiw.

Too much spying RW is a mistake. He doesn't run often and it would lead to more gaps in zone or man and he is always looking to throw first.

Why I put what I did in the First paragraph
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:I think Carson is one of the top backs in the league.

It's nice to see a fan from another team spotting how underrated he is.

With a spotty front seven, Pete would be silly not to run. But it also spells opportunities for Russ to scramble and escape, so that's where we'll still get to see whether Pete is staying aggressive.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• 94Smith wrote:Number one pass defense last year

This year --- Stephon Gillmore, J.C. Jackson, Jason McCourty -- ranked as Top 10 shutdown corners
    chet380
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Yes, this game is bad news for the let Russ cook crowd, pass D is NE's strength. The Pats lost what, 2-3 of their front seven with Covid opt outs?

Not really as one we have way more weapons than Miami, 2 and again letting Russ cook does not mean throwing more, it means being more unpredictable and letting Russ be Russ sooner. Could be more read option, could mean more motion. Given their front lien is weak could mean more screens.

Like many you think let Russ cook means throw more it does not. It means let Russ be Russ sooner than the 4th qtr. Yes NE is good against the pass, but they can only cover so many people. Fine put your best on DK, double Locket, ahh who covers Olsen, Dissley, RBs etc etc.
    John63
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information