Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pete says they are going to run the ball more

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Just read an article on PFT that said Pete wants to run the ball more. I say go with what’s working Pete. Why force the run if your passing game is moving the ball? The fans were screaming for years for you to fire Bevell and Cable and they were right. Now they say Let Russ Cook and so far they are right again. Stop being so stubborn and go with with whats right.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Disinformation counterintelligence scheme.

He is going to "out Belichik", Belichik. All he needs is a camera and a ball needle to complete the mission.
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• Yaaay...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Really hoping this isn't a sign we are going back to Pete Ball.

Let's hope this means 20 carries for Carson instead of 6, but not 50 yards for Wilson at the half type of garbage.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Patriots have a pretty good pass defense and a pretty weak front seven, so running the ball may be part of the recipe. But screens and short passes to Carson need to be part of the gameplan as well as a few read options.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Of course. And if teams keep loading the box, they're going to keep throwing, unlike seasons past.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• In other news: the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. :sarcasm_off:

Of course the team is going to run more. Well, that is if the opponent stops loading the box.

I don't much care whether the team wins by running the ball or by passing the ball.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Just win the damn game, couldn't care less what it looks like.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• jammerhawk wrote: In other news: the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. :sarcasm_off:

Wait a minute...I'm confused :242733:

(Was it Jared Goff?)
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• It's all relative. Our RB's had 16 carries. Russ had 35 pass attempts. I'm sure they want to be a little more balanced and that's fine. I wouldn't interpret his comments as a sign they're going back to "Pete ball". Not concerned, at least not yet.
    TraderGary
    NET Bench Warmer

• Keep quiet Pete.

This is Wilson's team.

Pete is just a sideline manager.

Let Russ keep on cooking!
    RW4LIFE
    NET Bench Warmer

• Um, he's the coach......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Mick063 wrote:Disinformation counterintelligence scheme.

He is going to "out Belichik", Belichik. All he needs is a camera and a ball needle to complete the mission.

Totally THIS. Nice catch, Mick!

That's coach speak for "We're going to establish the run at all costs vs. New England." Primarily for Belichick's consumption. The "old Pete" is still in Belichick's mind, so hopefully that's what Hoodie prepares for, and then Russell throws for 4 more TDs and we run some great screen plays again.

Carroll and the Hawks have the best overall O-Line, and deepest in talent, by far, that Seattle has had, since the days of Big Walt, Hutch and co. And so far they've shown they can keep Russ upright long enough to throw and also to avoid big, season-ending hits.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• RW4LIFE wrote:Keep quiet Pete.

This is Wilson's team.

Pete is just a sideline manager.

Let Russ keep on cooking!

A quote from Pete don't mean much these days. Everyone knows whose team this is - Wilson's.

And Russ has earned it in the trenches surviving what has been some pretty shoddy coaching.

Pete is the sideline manager.

Out on the field it's Wilson who will lead us back to being a top tier team with a legit shot at returning to the SB.
    RW4LIFE
    NET Bench Warmer

• Pete is the boss, period. Come on man, what Pete says goes and always has. Sure they let Russ lead on the field, but Pete has been and always will be the one in charge.
    Russ is the leader, clearly. Pete is the boss.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Both those guys are about winning.

The big thing is that they have to protect each other from themselves. Russ has to protect Pete from trying to bash the run game into a brick wall. Pete has to protect Russ from getting so pass happy it gets him killed behind a porous OL.

like so many things, the secret sauce is found in the middle rather than at the extremes.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:Both those guys are about winning.

The big thing is that they have to protect each other from themselves. Russ has to protect Pete from trying to bash the run game into a brick wall. Pete has to protect Russ from getting so pass happy it gets him killed behind a porous OL.

like so many things, the secret sauce is found in the middle rather than at the extremes.

Well said. Balance, give and take, and finding a solution that can work for each opponent without having to reinvent the entire offense and the entire playbook every week.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Russ is going to run more.... not forward, behind the LOS and then throw it 50 yards downfield.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:Patriots have a pretty good pass defense and a pretty weak front seven, so running the ball may be part of the recipe. But screens and short passes to Carson need to be part of the gameplan as well as a few read options.

Yeah, this is all you can hope for, i.e., do not get bogged down into any one style but play to their weaknesses. Take what they give you.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Just win the damn game, couldn't care less what it looks like.

Doesn't get any more clear than this. :2thumbs:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I have no problem running a bit more than week 1, and likely they will. The problem I have is running too predictably and continuing to try and squeeze blood out of a turnip when it's not working, and the D is playing run first and going back to R-R-P-Punt (PeteBall) for 2-3 quarters. :141847_bnono:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Just win the damn game, couldn't care less what it looks like.

Just win the damn Superbowl, couldn't care less what it looks like.[/quote]
    tersal
    NET Rookie

• Mad Dog wrote:Patriots have a pretty good pass defense and a pretty weak front seven, so running the ball may be part of the recipe. But screens and short passes to Carson need to be part of the gameplan as well as a few read options.

Elite QB's shouldn't be afraid of any pass defense, and I seriously doubt RW is at all. That doesn't mean to just throw the ball for the h$ll of it. But it does mean challenging them enough that they can't sit on the run or short passing attacks. Just be creative and out think their defensive scheme.

At least that would be my plan and not waiting to the fourth quarter to start playing the game.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• kf3339 wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:Patriots have a pretty good pass defense and a pretty weak front seven, so running the ball may be part of the recipe. But screens and short passes to Carson need to be part of the gameplan as well as a few read options.

Elite QB's shouldn't be afraid of any pass defense, and I seriously doubt RW is at all. That doesn't mean to just throw the ball for the h$ll of it. But it does mean challenging them enough that they can't sit on the run or short passing attacks. Just be creative and out think their defensive scheme.

At least that would be my plan and not waiting to the fourth quarter to start playing the game.

You make good points here, RW is good enough to defeat even very good pass D's. I think one of the questions becomes, how many points do we need to score? That question remains unanswered but the Falcons threw up 450 yds passing last week albeit w/a great passing attack but this DB is going to have to tighten it up. Otherwise, we are going to have to score as many points as we can and that won't happen with run-run-pass.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• I fully expect A LOT of passes to the TE’s as the LB’s are The Cheatriots weakness on defense.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The folks that don't watch Russ every week, like we do, are in the habit of framing him as he was instead of what he currently is. I noticed a bit of that on the Patriots board. You don't get this from Belichik though. He reviewed the video from last week and then made a full throated confessional. "There isn't a better player" This wasn't typical pre game schmooze. You could see/feel his sincerity. Russ pitched a perfect game against the Falcons and the GOAT coach knows what he is in for.

You can't argue with ordinary Joes that have their minds made up though. So it will be extra delightful to watch the reigning Defensive MVP get lit up. There I said it. Russ is going to light up that vaunted secondary. And even after that, the deniers will claim that Russell isn't elite or historically great.

Oh well. It will be fun to read their melt down afterwards.
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• The NE CB's allow them to play man coverage successfully. In this game they'll probably also assign a db to spy on Wilson to limit his scrambling. The Hawks will see 6 in the box and elect to run, and they'll be successful with it. Then NE will try to tighten up in the rz and force field goals, trading 3 points for 6 minutes of clock. Then NE's offense will have a 6 minute drive. That's the type of game they want, a 10-6 halftime score.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information