NFL Site Start em Cam Newton at Seattle

ivotuk

Reaction score
Start 'em Cam Newton New England Patriots · QB at Seattle Seahawks

Newton set a Patriots record with 75 rushing yards in his debut. It’s hard to believe 75 yards was a record when past Patriots quarterbacks include Tom Brady, Drew Bledsoe and Steve Grogan, who was probably the last NFL quarterback in history to wear a neck roll.

Newton also rushed for a pair of touchdowns and ended up with 25.7 fantasy points despite throwing for just 155 yards.

And I know you haters want to besmirch him because he didn’t throw the ball that much. But that’s fine. Cam has the Seahawks this week, who just allowed Matt Ryan to throw for 450 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

https://www.nfl.com/news/start-em-sit-e ... arterbacks

And of course that means that the Seahawks can't defend the pass? :34853_doh:

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, that's sounds like a winner. You do you, though. :laugh:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Edelman > Julio

These guys are a joke. How does one get these jobs?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Matt Ryan is a better passer than Cammy, he has a top 3 WR, he had no running game, and threw for over 200 yards in the 4th quarter after his team was already down by 19 points and the Hawks were in prevent.

#$%&ing morons.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Do you guys even fantasy bro.

Fantasy football is backwards logic, if you think the Hawks are going to win and be ahead most of the game (which we are favored to do), then you do want to start Cam, who like Ryan will be playing from behind and have to throw and run more than if he was protecting a lead.

So no, it's not a slap in the face that fantasy sites are telling people to start Cam, just means what I said above.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3iz0tgcl said:

Fantasy football is backwards logic, if you think the Hawks are going to win and be ahead most of the game (which we are favored to do), then you do want to start Cam, who like Ryan will be playing from behind and have to throw and run more than if he was protecting a lead.

So no, it's not a slap in the face that fantasy sites are telling people to start Cam, just means what I said above.

Here's the thing, though: I don't expect this game to play anything like the Atlanta game. None of Pete's games against Belicheat have been decided by more than a TD. I don't expect us to be in a prevent defense in the 4th.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Maulbert, none of those previous games were played against the new and de-proved Patriot squad. The Pats went downhill last year, but since last year they have really taken a dive in terms of overall roster. Yes they still have some good players, but the support isn't there like it used to be, If this is a tight game Belichek will have worked a miracle.

Rat

Reaction score
“We’re not playing the Panthers this week.” ~ my stupid ass at first

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fc9q0v8f said:

LOL I chuckled. You're spot on. Fantasy football isn't real life. Generally you like your fantasy QB to be on a team that spends a lot of time coming from behind or has no defense and has to have shoot outs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Did they actually say Edelman is better than Julio Jones? If so, that might be one of the dumbest statements a media member has ever said.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maulbert":1fvu1hn2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1fvu1hn2 said:

Here's the thing, though: I don't expect this game to play anything like the Atlanta game. None of Pete's games against Belicheat have been decided by more than a TD. I don't expect us to be in a prevent defense in the 4th.

Over/under for the game is 44, that's not high, but it's not in the 30's either.

So again, a fantasy site saying to start Cam because he's probably going to throw for a couple TD's and run for 50 yards is not an insane thing to predict.

Week 12 or 13 when Cam's hamstring is close to exploding? Yeah, I wouldn't start him, but week two when everyone's healthy and offenses are a little ahead of the defenses? Sure, not bad advice.

Not sure why we have to take everything said about us as a direct insult. OMG A FANTASY SITE SAID TO START CAM,......TO THE DISRESPECT-MOBILE BATMAN!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, Fantasy doesn't matter even a little bit. If he comes in here and wins, I'll give him plenty of credit.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38jkmnkb said:
Maulbert":38jkmnkb said:
Sgt. Largent":38jkmnkb said:

Over/under for the game is 44, that's not high, but it's not in the 30's either.

So again, a fantasy site saying to start Cam because he's probably going to throw for a couple TD's and run for 50 yards is not an insane thing to predict.

Week 12 or 13 when Cam's hamstring is close to exploding? Yeah, I wouldn't start him, but week two when everyone's healthy and offenses are a little ahead of the defenses? Sure, not bad advice.

Not sure why we have to take everything said about us as a direct insult. OMG A FANTASY SITE SAID TO START CAM,......TO THE DISRESPECT-MOBILE BATMAN!!!

Bahahhahaha

Don't let the OP see that another site said to SIT Carson.

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":nv2h9suy said:
Maulbert":nv2h9suy said:
Sgt. Largent":nv2h9suy said:

How many fantasy points did Matt Ryan have last week? Over 400 yards passing and a few TDs, it was probably quite a few.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3euajgs7 said:
Did they actually say Edelman is better than Julio Jones? If so, that might be one of the dumbest statements a media member has ever said.

No lol I was attempting to be funny. I'm just thinking how they think Cam going to throw for a bunch of yards and TDs with a lousy receiving corps

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":27omd2h5 said:
Sgt. Largent":27omd2h5 said:
Maulbert":27omd2h5 said:
Sgt. Largent":27omd2h5 said:

How many fantasy points did Matt Ryan have last week? Over 400 yards passing and a few TDs, it was probably quite a few.

Ryan was the #6 most productive fantasy QB last week, and the Hawks gave up the most passing yards in the entire league, 432.

So if you were telling people who to start this week, you think you might advise Cam who also can get you points running?

Latest posts