Can the Hawks afford Irvin to be a project?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Here's one thing I do know......I'm watching the Patriots for the 2nd week in a row and for the 2nd week in a row Chandler Jones is absolutely tearing it up for N.E. IF Irvin ends up a bust (and I capitalized the word "IF" because I agree with most here that it is WAY too early to say one way or another.....I think we need to see 2 YEARS from the guy first) and Jones continues to be as good as he's shown so far (likely to my eyes) we're all going to be lamenting not taking Jones with the pick. Dude looks like a Pro-Bowl selection to me.
    .
    .
    .
    Oh, and the AZ defense is REALLY as good as they looked against our team last week. They're shuttingh down NE.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10934
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • But he could play a position that we werent really looking to draft. He might fit New England to a tee but would struggle in our system. I personally think it's early to start worrying , but feel free.
    User avatar
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3490
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
    Location: Spokane, Wa


  • morgulon1 wrote:But he could play a position that we werent really looking to draft. He might fit New England to a tee but would struggle in our system. I personally think it's early to start worrying , but feel free.

    Definitely a good point. And yeah, I said it was too early to dismiss Irvin, WAY too early.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10934
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Bump for comic effect.
    User avatar
    bmorepunk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 424
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm


  • Good stuff bmorepunk!
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9925
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Hopefully Irvin continues to play at this level or better. We've definitely gotten to see at times what they saw they wanted when he was drafted. That ankle sack on Newton from behind was incredible.
    User avatar
    bmorepunk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 424
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm


  • Doesn't seem like much of a project to me anymore. He has been great so far for us.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10967
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • I'd rather have Curry than Bruce, 4.5 sacks for a rookie in 5 games is child's play.
    Image
    User avatar
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2139
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Here's one thing I do know......I'm watching the Patriots for the 2nd week in a row and for the 2nd week in a row Chandler Jones is absolutely tearing it up for N.E. IF Irvin ends up a bust (and I capitalized the word "IF" because I agree with most here that it is WAY too early to say one way or another.....I think we need to see 2 YEARS from the guy first) and Jones continues to be as good as he's shown so far (likely to my eyes) we're all going to be lamenting not taking Jones with the pick. Dude looks like a Pro-Bowl selection to me.
    .
    .
    .
    Oh, and the AZ defense is REALLY as good as they looked against our team last week. They're shuttingh down NE.



    Who looks stupid now? Huh? WHO LOOKS STUPID NOW!!!!!!!!

    :mrgreen:
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5220
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


  • No longer a project. He already has more sacks than some of the top DEs in the league. He is the TRUTH. Shut up about him and enjoy.
    User avatar
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1678
    Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm


  • :sarcasm_on: I'd rather have Curry than Bruce, 4.5 sacks for a rookie in 5 games is child's play. :sarcasm_off:


    Fixed it for ya.
    User avatar
    BobcatHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 339
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:02 am
    Location: Evanston, WY


  • BobcatHawk wrote: :sarcasm_on: I'd rather have Curry than Bruce, 4.5 sacks for a rookie in 5 games is child's play. :sarcasm_off:


    Fixed it for ya.



    Fixed it for ya.

    EDIT: My joke was ruined when BobcatHawk recognized his error. Great.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5220
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


  • Carpenter, Unger, and Irvin are all great examples on this team of people giving up too quick on players.

    Glad the coaching staff is more patient than .net
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2105
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • Golden Tate is a project too, who is finally starting to pay some real dividends. Dude is looking like a football player.
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 664
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


  • jkitsune wrote:Carpenter, Unger, and Irvin are all great examples on this team of people giving up too quick on players.

    Glad the coaching staff is more patient than .net

    Can we throw our rookie starting QB in there as well?
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

    your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3067
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


  • Decent project results... :34853_doh:
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We're looking for grit"
    Pete Carroll
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    User avatar
    Rocket
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1216
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


Previous


It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information