This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Carolina Panthers

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Is this gonna be one of those stupid "Win at Home, Suck on the Road" seasons where we wind up somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7? I still say 10-6, but we need to win these games we're supposed to win, damnit. So, screw the Rams, and on to the Carolina forums.

Carolina Huddle

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/

Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum

http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums/

Scout site

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=123&f=1065

ESPN Board.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/forum/_/nam ... a-panthers

CBS Sports.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/board/50

Footballs future.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=10

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
This Rams loss is gonna leave a bad taste in their mouths for the Panthers. I expect they will do much better, and they wont be playing this one at 10AM. :mrgreen:

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Bakergirl":3hhay7re said:
This Rams loss is gonna leave a bad taste in their mouths for the Panthers. I expect they will do much better, and they wont be playing this one at 10AM. :mrgreen:

Panthers are playing at home. They almost beat a very good team in Falcons this weekend. Falcons won that game at the very last moment. Panthers are probably as upset as hawks because of their recent loss. This game will not be easy for us.

Hawker

Reaction score
I don't know much about Carolina's D. Someone, enlighten me? Suffice it to say this one comes down to our defense keeping Newton in check, and our offense being able to drastically improve its play from what we witnessed against the Rams save for the opening drive?

SeaMeat

Reaction score
As long as Cam keeps it in the air, they will win without any problems.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":lgw77fn8 said:
Bakergirl":lgw77fn8 said:

Panthers are playing at home. They almost beat a very good team in Falcons this weekend. Falcons won that game at the very last moment. Panthers are probably as upset as hawks because of their recent loss. This game will not be easy for us.

Never said it was going to be easy, but they will have a few less factors working against them.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
SeaMeat":18e5tyt9 said:
As long as Cam keeps it in the air, they will win without any problems.

Seahawks win? Absolutely. I'm hoping that's where you were going with this comment and not that you have no faith in our DB's. :mrgreen:

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I am suprised how down to earth the Panther fans are, I don't see any we will destroy the Seahawks threads, just mainly realistic thoughts about the game. I am impressed.

googoodan

Reaction score
Hawker":1tz71eoe said:
I don't know much about Carolina's D. Someone, enlighten me? Suffice it to say this one comes down to our defense keeping Newton in check, and our offense being able to drastically improve its play from what we witnessed against the Rams save for the opening drive?

Panthers fan here... checking in to maybe talk a little smack, but I don't see the need for it yet. ;)

The Panthers D has been off and on (mostly off). Against the Giants, the D-line looked like the object was to stay as far away from Eli as possible. However, against the Falconvicts, they sacked Matt Ryan 7 times. Also in that game, Michael Turner turned a simple screen pass into a long TD. Our secondary played great against the Saints. However, I don't think they realized it was game day the other 3 weeks. We simply aren't good against the run. We have a lot of speed on defense, but the tackling just isn't there.

Even our former All-Pro middle linebacker Jon Beason is having trouble knocking off the rust after missing practically all of last season. We have a potential All-Pro outside linebacker in Thomas Davis, but he's returning from his third ACL surgery (the first player to attempt such a return). Davis is splitting snaps with rookie Luke Kuechly. Kuechly seems like the real deal, but he makes rookie mistakes and is splitting snaps. Our other outside linebacker, James Anderson stepped up to a new level last season. He's a solid player, but not spectacular.

What the Hawks will exploit is our secondary... rookie CB Josh Norman has been raped all season long. CB Chris Gamble can usually shut down the other side of the field. Our safeties Charles Godfrey and Haruki Nakamura are just plain embarrassing. Godfrey can put a good hit on someone, but can't cover. Nakamura.... well, he can find the field.

Going back to our defensive line, DE Charles Johnson will get pressure. DE Greg Hardy has the potential be in the backfield almost every snap, but for whatever reason, isn't. We have a nice rotation of DEs behind those two, including Antwan Applewhite and the steal of this year's draft, Frank Alexander. Thomas Keiser will work in some rotations and add a little pressure. At DT, we have Ron and Dwan Edwards. Both are better against the pass than against the run. We have Andre Neblett returning from suspension and Sione "rollerskates" Fua for depth.

When the Panthers are on offense, we will run.... read options, triple options, etc. Pete Carroll's tourrettes may act up watching this collegiate offense. Newton has looked unsure at times in the pocket. I don't know if its a mental problem or if the plays are just taking too long to develop. He isn't extending the plays anything like he did as a rookie. Slants and quick outs seem to be absent from our playbook. We run and throw downfield; there's not much else. TE Greg Olsen will get his 6-8 catches. Steve Smith will get at least one 30+yarder. Brandon LaFell will make a few grabs on third and long. But on 3rd and less than 2, we'll be punting or kicking a FG every time. That's the stuff that makes Panthers fans rip our hair out - we average around 6 ypc rushing as a team, but can't convert 3rd/4th and short.

Zowert

Reaction score
"I do" lol!

Tony Romo's entrance into the conversation is hilarious too. Everyone just laughs at him, hahaahhahaha!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
googoodan":peyvngnh said:
That's the stuff that makes Panthers fans rip our hair out - we average around 6 ypc rushing as a team, but can't convert 3rd/4th and short.

Sounds familiar.

googoodan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3k6kcqho said:
googoodan":3k6kcqho said:
That's the stuff that makes Panthers fans rip our hair out - we average around 6 ypc rushing as a team, but can't convert 3rd/4th and short.

Sounds familiar.
and now you've seen it firsthand.

*needs a suicide gif*

Latest posts