Slot and TE production

Renohawk

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been brought up, I haven't seen it. Could the production of Baldwin and the TE be do to Wilsons inability to see over the line, as these two positions make most of their catches in the middle and I've seen Wilson throw on the edge a lot? Also is Edwards hurt, I've not seen much of him thanks.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's been one of the discussions, those two positions work the middle and crossing routes more then anyone else and I am not suprised that the reseptions of those players are really low,especially since they are also usually hot read routes as well and tend to get more of the dump off passes. Just another reason to beleive we have a problem here that needs to be solved yesterday.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I would guess that part of the lack of production with Baldwin is two-fold. 1.) An increased use of 2 and 3 tightend sets doesn't allow for him to be on the field, thus taking his snaps away, and 2.) our 3rd down conversions have been horrible, when Baldwin is usually on the field.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Brees says he can't see his receivers half the time and throws it to where he knows they'll be because he has faith in them. Was kinda shocked to hear that, but if it's true, Wilson will just have to develop trust in his receivers to be where they're supposed to be without looking for them. Another thing for the rookie to learn.

Twisted

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":zd4762gz said:
Brees says he can't see his receivers half the time and throws it to where he knows they'll be because he has faith in them.

quite honestly its probly better NOT to look down the intended receiver

lukerguy

Reaction score
I've noticed that lots of Brees throws are 10-20 yards down field (if not more). I watched 90% of their games last year. He would throw screens or little swing passes laterally, but rarely checked down 5 yards in front of the Line of scrimmage.

I wish they would call more TE throws down the hashes- I think those and 15 yard ins would do RW a lot of good.