Why the Hawks Offense SHOULD get going this weekend..

pehawk

Reaction score
I needed to see it one more time to be sure, but Thursday confirmed (at least to me) that the Rams have a legit defense. The Rams defense is also physical and tenacious. That's four straight opponents the Seahawks have faced with good defenses, 3 of which played hard and with real tenacity. And, I think that's the key to stopping Seattle's offense (currently), tenacity and "fight".

It's easy to point to the Hawks defense and say "they're physical". But, the Hawks offense is just as physical.

To beat the Hawks, one thing's for sure, you MUST be ready fight HARD. The other team MUST be mentally and physically tough. I think the Hawks can get the Panthers to cry "uncle" as we saw Dallas and the Bears do last year.

Just a hunch...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm with ya. I think we see a little bit more daylight and space in both the running and passing games this week.

VHawk

Reaction score
Russell just needs to play his game and forget about making mistakes.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Dallas' depth and the rate upon which GB's offense scores will keep each from being Top 10 defenses by years end. But, they are right now and when the Hawks faced them. Each opponent has legit, press and athletic corners.

I'm not excusifying the Hawks offensive woes, but there's something to be said for their opponents so far.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I doubt Wilson will find it any easier this week. It's not secondaries he's been having trouble with, it's pass pressure. And Carolina is ranked 7th in sacks.

Besides, if height is really his crippling problem, a defense doesn't have to be good. They just have to have a few people milling dully about in his sight line and he'll choke.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
7th in sacks the same way the Hawks are, all done in one game and one half.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I've finished watching the Carolina games and they have gotten a lot of pressure in all four games. It's true that most of their sacks were against Atlanta, but they were collapsing the pocket well in the three previous games even though they were not able to finish. I think their defensive line is good.

Their secondary is the weakness as they have a ton of size and speed, but are really raw. Every team has been throwing at Josh Norman and I expect the Hawks to continue that. It looks like they could be a pretty good unit in a year or two but we are catching them at the right time to see what our passing game is made of. They just keep making mistakes in coverage and leaving receivers wide open, so I expect we are either going to get some big plays to cheer about or there will be a lot of angst about missing a wide open receiver. And I guess the third option is that if our receivers are the first group that their secondary manages to cover it will not be very encouraging either.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Thanks dib - always value your isht like this. For real.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Twisted":3062y69a said:
or, Lynch will have a break out game?

Very possible. Maybe some 90's Cornhuskers, Mora's Falcons, Shanny's Broncos type numbers.