What to do with Breno Giacomini?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
His penalties single-handedly killed many of our huge plays. Not just today, but all season. There must be a reason he's a starter. He has helped Lynch be as productive as he was last year. What is the drop-off with our 2nd stringer? I saw Pete bitchin' at him on TV today after he screwed us for the 2nd time today... What say you? Keep him as starter, of let him ride the pine?

The Radish

Reaction score
After Pete held him out for several series and talked to him on the sidelines he came in and did a good job the rest of the game.

He just needs to remember when to turn it on and off.

And at least there weren't a dozen penaltys against us today.

:les:

Soppie

Reaction score
Pete pulling him today was a big warning to him that the are tired of the penalties. My guess is that they stay with him but he is on thin ice and because of the benching today he knows it. I really like the nastiness, he just need to take is down a notch or two and all will be good.

The Radish

Reaction score
Did you see the look on his face standing on the sidelines watching the offense without him? He looked truly stricken. Lets hope that's the start of something great.

Also I'd wager that everyone on this team is trying to show the defense they are tough too. Gotta be catching.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The Radish":3k6f8vmz said:
After Pete held him out for several series and talked to him on the sidelines he came in and did a good job the rest of the game.

Yeah, I think I'm with you. The more he feels bad about it the less likely it is to happen again. But I think he's on the "starter bubble". Many more penalties, and he's 2nd string.

purpleworld

Reaction score
He will learn....absent the stupid penalties, his attitude is what i want every one of our OL to have!!!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He eased up on what could have been another late hit. That is a good step.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
The Radish":5vuzuf38 said:

agree here. I like his energy still, so work with him on this problem, it can be solved.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He absolutely killed what would've been the best play of the game. I hope they give a little RT competition, dude's driving me batshit insane.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Scottemojo":aj0ttl91 said:
He eased up on what could have been another late hit. That is a good step.

Yeah. You could see that he really wanted to do damage.
I think we need him but at level 5, not level 8

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I thought the coaching staff handled it perfectly today. Sit him down for a bit and then give him another chance. Hopefully it turns a corner with him.

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
I think we need to keep the best players we have on the field. Breno is our best option at RT, especially to help Lynch.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1dqq056b said:
He absolutely killed what would've been the best play of the game. I hope they give a little RT competition, dude's driving me batshit insane.

Agreed, Breno is causing me all sorts of headaches. Although I thought the staff handled it perfectly today as he did not have another penalty after the slight sit down.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
He should get one more week for me to try and prove he can avoid penalties. But surely he's on a pretty short leash.

Jiggy

Reaction score
He definitely wised up after being benched. I even seen him put his hands up after plays were over to show the refs that he was done for the play.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I dunno but step number one has to be "wax eyebrows", he looked like an angry muppet when they took him out.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Could someone explain his two goof ups? I was traveling home from a weekend get away.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Hopefully benching him was a wake up call for him. I love his attitude but he has to keep it in check if we want this offense to sustain drives.

Latest posts