The Pats are likely to neutralize our defense.

oasis

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I would say the Pats and broncos are the only offenses in my opinion that can beat our D handily. Our D is designed with big DB's to overpower the downfield threats of the NFL. But with teams that specialize in short-game efficiency, I feel they can pick us apart. Remember the preseason game when Peyton Manning had those drives where he was able to move downfield at will? It's the same concept.

Therefore, I would say
-we are heavy underdogs next week, even at home
-the only way we can beat them is in either a shootout, or in playing "keep-away" or whatever you call it when we try to keep the ball away...

djb28

Reaction score
Maybe so.
Have you watched them at all so far this season? Their safeties are horrid! If we can "find" and offense we could score!

ensett

Reaction score
Welker is 7 inches shorter and about 40 pounds lighter than Browner. Just have him bump him once and Welker will be done for the day :lol:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I won't doubt this defense until someone proves them wrong. Maybe it's the Patriots, but I just don't think so yet.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
oasis":2vlftgts said:
Unfortunately, I would say the Pats and broncos are the only offenses in my opinion that can beat our D handily. Our D is designed with big DB's to overpower the downfield threats of the NFL. But with teams that specialize in short-game efficiency, I feel they can pick us apart. Remember the preseason game when Peyton Manning had those drives where he was able to move downfield at will? It's the same concept.

Therefore, I would say
-we are heavy underdogs next week, even at home
-the only way we can beat them is in either a shootout, or in playing "keep-away" or whatever you call it when we try to keep the ball away...
New England has opened as a 4-point favorite.

Seeker

Reaction score
i say we shut them the hell out. there i said it.
They've run up the score on the Titans (1 - 4), Broncos (2 - 3), and bills ( 2 - 3 and have opted to not play any defense).

Have the seahawks played a losing team yet?

(oh yeah the packers heh heheh)

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
I agree to an extent that seattle will have a tougher time, especially with Aaron Hernandez possibly coming back. I don't think they're gonna have a hay day though. Its at home and New England has struggled in pass pro. I do agree that the Hawks need to play keep away, but I don't think it will be a dominant offensive showing by the pats and that Seattle has to win via a shootout.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Hmmm. The Hawks D has faced 2 very good QBs - Romo and Rogers - and they held their own, so I agree with most that this D has proven themselves and feel they can walk away with a win.

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3lp6tub5 said:
Hmmm. The Hawks D has faced 2 very good QBs - Romo and Rogers - and they held their own, so I agree with most that this D has proven themselves and feel they can walk away with a win.
That's my point. Even though we beat two very good QB's, they do not have the short-game like the pats and broncos.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Pretty sure we've held two of the best scoring offenses in the NFL pretty much scoreless so far this season. Brady has never faced the Seahawks in Seattle, last time NE was here Cassell was the QB. Bump and run on the outside to shut down the quick stuff, and there is no way Brady is going to be able to buy time against Clem and Irvin....

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
We have faced three good offenses so far this year, and those offenses in those games have a combined scoring of 23 points if my memory serves me correctly. That's pretty darn good if you ask me.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I can't believe we opened as A 4 point dog in our house. No way.
That's balls Vegas.

I'm in for 20$ !!!

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think we're built pretty well to counter their big te's. They wont be able to rely on just being exponentially bigger than the men covering them when our secondary are all either 6'3" or Earl Thomas (who is proving to be all universe).

If Rusty continues to improve and helps the offense be a little more dynamic, i like our chances at home.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Brady's career might end in Seattle. I predict a "giantesque" beat down of Brady. Especially with Mebane, Alan Branch and Jason Jones coming up the middle. The world will find out why the Patriot running back was a late round pick. :)

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":1enq8hkh said:
Pretty sure we've held two of the best scoring offenses in the NFL pretty much scoreless so far this season. Brady has never faced the Seahawks in Seattle, last time NE was here Cassell was the QB. Bump and run on the outside to shut down the quick stuff, and there is no way Brady is going to be able to buy time against Clem and Irvin....
Maybe my football knowledge is a bit off, but isn't the "quick stuff" over the middle... where Brady gives his first look... because he's weird like that...and we suck over the middle...?

MrCarey

Reaction score
Seriously? Someone is calling out OUR defense? Get out of here until you watch some of our games.

Largent80

Reaction score
The way this defense is playing, I wouldn't EVER count on a win, especially at the Clink.

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
I have to agree. Our D always seems to get beat on those short dump off passes or against smaller, faster receivers. There will be no deep threat, but I expect the Pats to put up 20-30. We'll hold them when necessary though, and our offense needs to take advantage.

pehawk

Reaction score
I dont think NE takes too well to being bullied. And, they're about to get bullied.

Latest posts