first time long time

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
My earliest "big" memory as a Seahawks fan was at a MNF game in 1984 against the Raiders, we beat them...there was a chant in the stands "California oranges, Texas cactus, we played this team just for practice". I was 12. I loved it. After the game, we stuck around and waited for the guys to come out, and then very serendipitously, I found myself standing next to Lou Gellos...you all remember him? Within minutes, on the other side of me, was Dave Krieg. I was standing there damn near in-between the two...while Gellos was interviewing my hero, Dave Krieg. We had a great 3-4 yrs back then.

I don't live in Washington, right now I live in Oklahoma. Hence my tag.

I love these guys with a passion. I love the 'Hawks. I have big hopes for this group. I'll be honest though, I don't see a championship with the personnel on this offense. In order to be the best, we have to beat the best. In the NFC, the best includes receiving corps like Jennings/Nelson/Jones/Finley, Cruz/Nicks/Hixon/Bennett/Bradshaw, Colston/Moore/Henderson/Graham, and White/Gonzalez/Jones, not to mention Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall who can beat you by themselves. We have Rice/Tate/Miller/Baldwin. We are either slow or small, and unless its a great pass, we don't grab the ball out of the air consistently.

We have everything else we need. I believe we have a QB that can win. Don't know which one that is yet, but I like Wilson a lot. I was on his bandwagon a year ago watching him tear it up at the other UW. He looked much better yesterday and, truth be told, his receivers did, too. Penalties killed us again. And our defense saved us again. What's new? We need a big upgrade at WR, just one is all we really need. Imagine Calvin, Marshall, AJ Green, Colston, Cruz, Nicks...or any of the ATL guys on this squad. Just ONE of them. A completely different team in the RZ.

I am on here quite a bit, I probably wont post too much unless I feel I need to reign some of you in. :sarcasm_on:

Go Hawks!

JB

drdiags

Reaction score
Welcome former lurker LoneHawkFan. Glad to have more folks contributing. Great first post. I promise to try to be fair and objective. May not succeed but I hope any exchanges are civil. I apologize in advance if I step out of line. Nothing personal intended.

Have fun and glad to have you on-board.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":24dpkrsg said:
My earliest "big" memory as a Seahawks fan was at a MNF game in 1984 against the Raiders, we beat them...there was a chant in the stands "California oranges, Texas cactus, we played this team just for practice". I was 12. I loved it. After the game, we stuck around and waited for the guys to come out, and then very serendipitously, I found myself standing next to Lou Gellos...you all remember him? Within minutes, on the other side of me, was Dave Krieg. I was standing there damn near in-between the two...while Gellos was interviewing my hero, Dave Krieg. We had a great 3-4 yrs back then.

I don't live in Washington, right now I live in Oklahoma. Hence my tag.

I love these guys with a passion. I love the 'Hawks. I have big hopes for this group. I'll be honest though, I don't see a championship with the personnel on this offense. In order to be the best, we have to beat the best. In the NFC, the best includes receiving corps like Jennings/Nelson/Jones/Finley, Cruz/Nicks/Hixon/Bennett/Bradshaw, Colston/Moore/Henderson/Graham, and White/Gonzalez/Jones, not to mention Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall who can beat you by themselves. We have Rice/Tate/Miller/Baldwin. We are either slow or small, and unless its a great pass, we don't grab the ball out of the air consistently.

We have everything else we need. I believe we have a QB that can win. Don't know which one that is yet, but I like Wilson a lot. I was on his bandwagon a year ago watching him tear it up at the other UW. He looked much better yesterday and, truth be told, his receivers did, too. Penalties killed us again. And our defense saved us again. What's new? We need a big upgrade at WR, just one is all we really need. Imagine Calvin, Marshall, AJ Green, Colston, Cruz, Nicks...or any of the ATL guys on this squad. Just ONE of them. A completely different team in the RZ.

I am on here quite a bit, I probably wont post too much unless I feel I need to reign some of you in. :sarcasm_on:

Go Hawks!

JB

I remember those days very well, being in high school and having the Seahawk success literally distracting me from girls. The auto-shop teacher had an advanced Monday night class in which we watched not that game but the Chargers game and the Hawks just KILLED them. Gresham, Oregon GHS.

Teacher: Bill Kluth, Football and Track coach