Tell me- Have you ever noticed this.....

TVHAWK

Reaction score
There seems to be some horrible virus going around the NFL and it's following US- We beat the livin snot out of the Cowgirls and all you heard nationally was WHAT IS WRONG WITH DALLAS ??? Then came Monday night with the Pack- Remember, "What's wrong with Aaron Rodgers and the offense ??? Now today it's "Cam Newton is trending downward", I think I figured it out- It's a conspiracy !!! The rapid decline in all 3 teams offense, was purely the product of our "Kick your ass and suck the life outta ya Defence"
But the National headlines never credit the Hawks, The other teams lost to our sorry team on a fluke..Upset stomach or flatulence...Maybe HaHaHaHa I love it- Up yours hacks.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Same story different day. Been like this forever.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
If you crush a team with defense, the media ask what is wrong with the offense that couldn't score. If you crush a team with offense, the media thinks you have a contender. Just look at how they are talking about the 49ers now that they've laid down some serious points and have a tough defense. It is just the nature of reporting.

Defense wins championships but with just a fair to good offense this team just isn't going to be the sexy pick and I kind of like that. I just wouldn't know what to do if the Seahawks had continuous national acclaim, although I would say that this old dog wouldn't mind learning that trick.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
so at what point will the media change their story lines ? after we win the superbowl ? oh wait... it will still be " [blank team] just wasn't playing up to their regular season game, that 2 weeks off played a huge toll and.... "

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I like the fact that entire teams can't see straight after playing us.

Aaron Rodgers really looks like he's trending downward.

WK OPP YDS TD I/F
1 SF 303 2 1 / 0
2 Chi 219 1 1 / 0
3 @Sea 223 0 0 / 0
4 NO 319 4 1 / 0
5 @Ind 243 3 1 / 0

BullHawk33

Reaction score
djTOY2000":3kx03y1f said:
so at what point will the media change their story lines ? after we win the superbowl ? oh wait... it will still be " [blank team] just wasn't playing up to their regular season game, that 2 weeks off played a huge toll and.... "

The only damn way anyone in the national media will ever take us serious is if we have a serious dynasty.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
TheHawkster":34zv25qe said:
I like the fact that entire teams can't see straight after playing us.

Aaron Rodgers really looks like he's trending downward.

WK OPP YDS TD I/F
1 SF 303 2 1 / 0
2 Chi 219 1 1 / 0
3 @Sea 223 0 0 / 0
4 NO 319 4 1 / 0
5 @Ind 243 3 1 / 0

Jason Whitten still thinks Kam Bam is waiting for him if he catches a ball. It's quite entertaining.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I understand being frustrated with the national media and Hawks coverage in particular --- people just need to understand that it is NEVER NEVER NEVER going to change.

Even winning multiple superbowls, it would only improve for those few years, then it would revert.

I'm OK with it because I don't see any way it actually hurts our team or my enjoyment of it.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
In fairness to the media, it wasn't Newtons FIRST bad game this year, and GB has had problems scoring ALL year... So those two are easy to see why they started that line of questioning. And well Romo just went from beating a very good team to playing like well ROMO again. The Rams no one pays attention too, and well did anyone pay att to seatle v Az?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Also in all fairness, there have been quite a few articles this year written about how good Seattle's D is.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1o2tfv3p said:
Also in all fairness, there have been quite a few articles this year written about how good Seattle's D is.

Seatle has a VERY good D, but questioning the other teams inemptness on O shouldnt take away from it. Especially when it is Newton and Romo you are talking about.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
People have asked what's wrong with Dallas just about every year since they last won a playoff game, which has been quite a while.

People have asked what's wrong with the Packers just about all year because their offense hasn't been in sync and Rodgers isn't on pace to throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TD's like he did last year.

People have been asking what's wrong with Newton all year. He didn't just stink last week against Seattle, he's stunk all year.

Sorry to burst your "OMG THE MEDIA HATES US!" bubble, but other than the Hawks being on these teams schedule, these teams were already underachieving before, and after the Hawks played them.