Whatever happened to WTIII?

HawkHack

Reaction score
(You know, Walter Thurmond III.)

Is he on IR? Practice squad?

As much as I like our secondary, it seems they're an injury away from good-but-not-great. I remember from last year that WTIII was being viewed as at least a backup -- if not a potential starter -- but he seems to have vanished from the radar.

I'm sure someone here can set me straight. Will we see him at all this year?

OP
OP
H

HawkHack

Reaction score
See!?? I knew y'all would set me straight.

Do we know much of anything about this guy? He played for Oregon, right?

I just thought I'd introduce a topic NOT related to the QB. :)

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I know Hawkblogger was really high on him, I believe even going so far as touting him as the best CB on the roster before he re-injured himself last year. Of course that claim was made before Sherm established himself as an all-pro level corner.

Seeker

Reaction score
lol funny thing is, his backup; Richard "you can't even throw it out of bounds on me" Sherman.
We are going to be stronger in the backfield by one guy who was good enough to beat out richard sherman.

OP
OP
H

HawkHack

Reaction score
I can't believe he'd crack the starting backfield though.

I think Sherman is special in part because he used to be a WR. He understands their routes and the tricks of the trade. He also knows how to catch the ball, which seems to be useful in getting INTs.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
So zero Thurmond threads and then BAM! Two Thurmond threads? Bravo.

OP
OP
H

HawkHack

Reaction score
Sorry, I must have missed the other one. Late as usual. :) Link?

[Never mind. I found it. I'm just trying to emulate pehawk.]

olyfan63

Reaction score
Thurmond is a damn good player and he would be starting when healthy on nearly any other team. It will be great to have him available and you just know PC and the DC will find a great way to use him and get him reps, nickel package, or bandit, or something. I've been looking forward to WTIII's return. I just know he will have some key plays during the season that are huge. My only claim to prognostication fame was when I posted here, a couple days before the draft, that the Seahawks would draft Russell Wilson in the 3rd round. So now it's time to go out on a limb again. I predict that Walter Thurmond III will have a key play, a big-play-Babs moment this season that extends the season, either puts the Seahawks into the playoffs, or advances the Seahawks to the next round of the playoffs. What the hell, let 'er rip. Why not. Thurmond is going to have a pick 6 against the 49'ers in the NFC Championship game that puts the Seahawks into the Super Bowl.
The Seahawks lost Super Bowl XL because of two things: 1) Crap for depth in the secondary 2) The refs. I say #1 was the bigger issue, directly resulting in 2 Stealers TD's, the 76 yarder by Willie Parker and the trick play 45 yard TD. With Thurmond available, even if a Browner or Sherman is unavailable, the dropoff, if any, won't be much.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yep, having Thurmond as 'depth' would be awsome. From his tweets, he seem to be on schedule with the recovery. From what I can judge so far, Thurmond is sorta like Woodson while Sherman is scratching at the outer boundaries of Revis.