What are the big negatives of the no huddle offense?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I can't think of many. I can only possibly come up with two, and one isn't on solid observation.

1. If you go 3 and out, you just royally screwed over your defense. That's like going 3 and out in 20 seconds. Possible with our D.

2. Harder to call run plays? Not sure about this one, just heard it last year when we tried no huddle with T-Jack and we had success, we stopped because it was harder to run with no huddle.

You guys got any?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Can't make offensive substitutions and switch up personel for different formations. (i mean you can do that with no huddle, but not hurry up no huddle)

Pstark3

Reaction score
I dont know about the 3 and out.. you rarely see teams go into the no huddle after an incompletion or run for loss

Starrman44

Reaction score
I imagine it also exhausts the guys running routes. What if your D gets a three and out and you gotta go right back out there. If you have depth where you can bring the receivers in like line groups in Hockey it may help.

I gotta think Modest is right about the OLine.

I actually think that fast tempo is great for the Offense to get into rhythm. Listening to Coach's presser made me wonder if he doesn't plan on going fast tempo once the Offense has played together and has experience together.

It puts a lot of pressure on the D.

Modest

Reaction score
Starrman44":14vb4p1f said:
I imagine it also exhausts the guys running routes. What if your D gets a three and out and you gotta go right back out there. If you have depth where you can bring the receivers in like line groups in Hockey it may help.

I gotta think Modest is right about the OLine.

I actually think that fast tempo is great for the Offense to get into rhythm. Listening to Coach's presser made me wonder if he doesn't plan on going fast tempo once the Offense has played together and has experience together.

It puts a lot of pressure on the D.

From watching us run it though, every time we do have an incompletion or are stopped for no gain, we do sort of lull about and give every one a breather. Its not always a frantic pace but a frantic pace followed by occasional lulls so the defense doesn't know whether to stay amped up or rest a bit.

It will be interesting to see if and how we utilize it vs the Hawks considering the space shuttle launch crowd noise.

Tical21

Reaction score
It doesn't allow the coordinators to let the QB know what they're seeing or what to look for, and doesn't allow the QB to pass on subtle information to the other players.