Congrats to Receivers

salamander

Reaction score
Sydney Rice, Golden Tate, Braylon Edwards, Doug Baldwin...well done.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Excellent play from them and it was good to see Rice redeem himself for the earlier drop. I say we replace both Obo and Edwards in the draft/off-season and along with our running attack (and D!!) we will be very hard to beat.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Zach Miller (who actually had more yards than Edwards).

HawkWow

Reaction score
The bonehead fumble by Miller negates his positives for this week, IMO. But he's a keeper for sure. The sooner the line can be trusted without him, the sooner Miller will show why he was so coveted.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
That fumble wasn't really anything bad by Miller, he had the ball up and tight, it was a great play by the D to punch it out... 9/10 times that doesn't happen.

sutz

Reaction score
Suddenly a first round reach for WR doesn't seem so necessary. Our guys are coming around.

(BTW, I've always had a wait and see attitude about our WR crew.)

;)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I agree. The WRs played well today. A little confidence can go a long way. Keep up the good work.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The Wideouts today sure did step up for us when we needed them too. Tougher test on Thursday, hopefully they can keep up the good momentum.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":3ud7v1vm said:
That fumble wasn't really anything bad by Miller, he had the ball up and tight, it was a great play by the D to punch it out... 9/10 times that doesn't happen.

Your point is well taken..it was an excellent play by NE's D. But you just cannot fumble the ball in that situation. Inexcusable, IMO. He would likely be the topic of many unfavorable threads had we not pulled out the W. But we did. ;) Miller's an excellent TE and I'm glad he won't have to ride that F-up all the way to SF.

zhawk

Reaction score
they couldn'i determine it on replay so it was a bang bang play that could have gone either way

jlwaters1

Reaction score
In any case Miller should have just gone down instead of fight for yards. If he would have gone down, there would have been no fumble.

Rice is the Man, Baldwin was money on that drive that lead to his TD. Turbin was great today as well catching balls and providing some decent runs. Obomanu is worthless to us, he hasn't done a darn thing this year. I was glad to see Edwards come alive with 2 great catches. Miller's catch down the seam was awesome and it took some balls by WIlson to throw it down there.

Wilson took several steps forward IMO and the WR's rewarded his trust in them by making UNBELEIVEABLE CATCHES!! The Baldwin, Tate and Rice Bombs were EPIC. We haven't seen those type of explosive plays for a long time..

HawkWow

Reaction score
zhawk":2x5yefgq said:
they couldn'i determine it on replay so it was a bang bang play that could have gone either way

Definitely conclusive. Elbow not down, knee not down, hip not down and ball out = fumble. As the line gels, Miller should be featured much more in the passing game. He's not known as a habitual fumbler, so better times are ahead for both he and team. Knockin' on wood.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I'm sorry but when you're down by 2 scores you aren't thinking "I better go down so I don't fumble". You're thinking "Get as many yards as I can but don't fumble." ...

It was a great play by New Englands D, the ball was hit hard enough and perfect enough to knock it out. I don't know how you watch that play and think Miller did anything wrong to make it happen and if it were called down by contact on field it would have stood as such.

BigMeach

Reaction score
HawkWow":1hnuo9nt said:
zhawk":1hnuo9nt said:

Definitely conclusive. Elbow not down, knee not down, hip not down and ball out = fumble. As the line gels, Miller should be featured much more in the passing game. He's not known as a habitual fumbler, so better times are ahead for both he and team. Knockin' on wood.

If it was conclusive they would have said it was confirmed, not that the call stands.

HawkWow

Reaction score
BigMeach":2vevevba said:
HawkWow":2vevevba said:
zhawk":2vevevba said:

If it was conclusive they would have said it was confirmed, not that the call stands.

It don't get any more conclusive than knee, hip or elbow not down and ball out / recovered.

No sense in getting caught up in the semantics of it all, my fellow Hawk fan, Miller fumbled but we still won. Good times.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
These guys played a helluva game today, we have quality receivers. Need to bring it in SF now.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wilson and his receivers definitely had some Brees-esque moments today. Chemistry is showing up.

Also, good to know that Braylon Edwards still exists. He'd played on only 28 snaps in the previous four games, according to FO.

Hawks46

Reaction score
While we're on receivers, Tate really is good at getting jump balls for a guy that's 5'11". You throw it up to him, and he'll get it.

nategreat

Reaction score
I was very impressed with the receivers and passing game today. Everybody made some nice grabs. And what's even more impressive was the fact that it was raining pretty good there for most of the game. There were a lot of balls I noticed that slipped through/out of the hands of Patriots receivers, or were thrown poorly every so often (by both Brady and Wilson), but I can't think of any throws that were mishandled by our own receivers. I was very impressed by that. Clutch catches.