Looking at the schedule

bellingerga

Reaction score
Looking at the schedule moving forward and I can honestly and wholeheartedly say there isn't a single game that isn't completely winnable going forth from now, especially with the team showing so much improvement week by week.

Will we win out? NO. of course not... but I truly believe we have a very good chance to win the division this year. Real excited to see what the future holds.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Especially do-able if the rest of the Division continues to screw the pooch the way they did today.

sutz

Reaction score
We're coming out of probably the toughest stretch in our schedule. Sounds really, really good to be 4-2.

:mrgreen:

salukihawk12

Reaction score
Only one team (Lions) under .500 I'd say, albeit on paper the schedule looks softer, we've still got our work cut out for us...

sutz

Reaction score
salukihawk12":1xmzv3o2 said:
Only one team (Lions) under .500 I'd say, albeit on paper the schedule looks softer, we've still got our work cut out for us...
Absolutely.......can't get complacent. At least not the players.

I think that if most around here had been told before the first game that we could be 4-2 at this stage of the season, they would have said no way and babbled about how nice that would be, especially with Wilson the rookie playing. Well, we're here. :)

We get 5 home games in the final 8, with the 3 Div home games in Dec. Throw in the late Bye week and the second half of the season is setting up nicely.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Barring the Cowboys, we've been in barburners every game. I say temper down the expectations, just because if we lose again, the Flynn supporters will be out in a moments notice. Im going into every game expecting a close game, until the final whistle.

rastahawk

Reaction score
When I looked at this schedule pre-season I thought if we come out 4-4 after the first half that would be huge. I really hope we grab the next two. We absolutely can't lose both though. 5-3 is good but 6-2 would be great. Overall we may need 11-5 to get in maybe 10-6.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm calling it now - if we win on Thursday, we're taking the division and a first round bye at 12-4.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Lions on the road will be tough but we have 11 days rest so it should be close. We should beat the Vikes and Jets at home though this next 49ers game will be a battle.

If we can go 7-3 or 6-4 going into our BYE, which is entirely possible, we should be at least 10-6 and make the play-offs.

If anyone told me that we would be 4-2 after week I would say that it was possible. If anyone told me we would have beat the Pats, Pack and Cowboys - I would have said they were insane.

I can't wait.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I'd rather have a season like this playing all good teams than playing the dogs of the NFL. All the games are important, and we better start beating up on the teams in the NFC West

HawkFan72

Reaction score
After this week (against 49ers) we will have made it through the part of the schedule that was giving everyone problems before the season started. No matter what happens Thursday, we will be over .500 through the hardest part of our schedule. This team is good.

Largent80

Reaction score
After watching the team come back 2 weeks in a row I am way more confident and I'm sure the players are as well.

Gotta at least go .500 on the road in my opinion, to get into the playoffs, but as Chuck Knox said....It's not who you play, it is when you play them.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
sutz":1bzhlgdo said:
We're coming out of probably the toughest stretch in our schedule. Sounds really, really good to be 4-2.

:mrgreen:

Dude, I am so with you on this one. Everyone thought that this part of our schedule would be a bloodbath and that the only win we would have would be that road game against St. Louis. Fate can be a fickle beast indeed.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
I am very, VERY happy with where we are at. I am even more stoked now that we have beat the Pats! That being said - I still feel like this next game vs the 49ers is a MUST WIN. We are 0 - 2 in our division and those were both games where we were in position to be 2 - 0, but we're not. I do not want to be 0 - 3 in our division. Not to state the obvious, but beating the 49ers would be a big boost and a very important victory towards taking the division.

Should be a battle, that's for sure.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I love where we're at, but this is the NFL and every team is good. As long as we stay confident, come ready to play, have a good game plan, and EXECUTE, we can be very good no matter who we play. The game on Thursday will be the biggest regular-season game we've had since the last game Whitehurst started for us...but that was one of those "yeah we'll take it if we get it". The game this week is enormous. A win Thursday and we likely become nationally recognized as a top-5 team...not just a defense. Not a fluke. And, most importantly, it verifies everything we as fans have been thinking since preseason KC...that we really are a good team.

The second half schedule looks like it may lay out in our favor for sure. And that's exciting. It's fun to speculate...and Jesus it will be even more fun after a win against San Fran!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
We simply cannot lose another division game before we win one. We just CAN'T!!!

The Radish

Reaction score
I find it humorous how easy upcoming games are for those that don't have to play them.

Kind of like how we were going to blow out Zona in the first game.

:roll:

CANHawk

Reaction score
SF in SF is the last game on the schedule that truly scares me. Every other game after that I fully expect to win (I know we're bound to drop a couple, but I realistically expect to win them all).

That being said though, the Vikes look like they might be legit, but they're coming to Seattle so they're dog meat.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the Vikes with Wes Welker clone Percy Harvin may have some success on us, at least in the first half. Second half adjustments and the fact that Ponder is no Brady really makes it a "should win" game though.
Rest of the schedule (minus the Niners on the road) match up well against our D, though the Dolphins game on the road coming off the bye might be a tricky one as well that everyone considered a "W" at the beginning of the season.

CANHawk

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":2ddw9cp5 said:
Yeah, the Vikes with Wes Welker clone Percy Harvin may have some success on us, at least in the first half. Second half adjustments and the fact that Ponder is no Brady really makes it a "should win" game though.
Rest of the schedule (minus the Niners on the road) match up well against our D, though the Dolphins game on the road coming off the bye might be a tricky one as well that everyone considered a "W" at the beginning of the season.

Honestly, that one worries me a tiny tad as well. Not that the Fish scare me, but the trip halfway around the world does. At least with the bye we can theoretically get down to Florida a week early to acclimate if we wanted to.