RG3 or Russell Wilson?

A World Peace

Reaction score
I'll take wilson because he is better long term and I now think that rg3 will be like vick for some reason

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Well if were asking the question it should be something like

RG but lose the next 2 years first round picks

OR RW with the next 2 years first round picks-- If you look at it this way I think it's a no brainer RW is the best value. RG3 is good but I like RW intangibles and work ethic better.

drdiags

Reaction score
I worry about RGIII holding up if he continues to run like he does. If he would have been selected by the Seahawks, I am sure I would have a totally different opinion. He seems to make some great throws and has a nice arm. He probably is where he should be. Not sure how the Seahawks would have played him.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks RG3 is a sellout? By all of those stupid subway, gatorade commercials. You did not see matt ryan, joe flacco or RW doing that
At least RW had a meaningful commercial not focused on a product entirely.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":3lfxkjdf said:
Am I the only one that thinks RG3 is a sellout? By all of those stupid subway, gatorade commercials. You did not see matt ryan, joe flacco or RW doing that

I think you would feel differently if someone asked you if you wanted to be filmed in a commercial and get payed thousands of dollars to do it.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1hnxec6x said:
KitsapHawk":1hnxec6x said:

I think you would feel differently if someone asked you if you wanted to be filmed in a commercial and get payed thousands of dollars to do it.

Some people have integrity and when they are making as much as they do beforehand..

nategreat

Reaction score
[youtube]hy9U6HMcFG8[/youtube]

[youtube]caDMnUbVmh4[/youtube]

MrCarey

Reaction score
Athletes would be dumb to not take all the money they can. Their careers can end in an instant. No, I don't think he is a sellout.

bellyfat

Reaction score
I hope RG3 does well. If the Redskins do well it means the first round picks aren't top 10, top 5, because a couple of those will be going to the Rams.

madbohem

Reaction score
RG3 is amazing, but I really think Wilson is amazing too.

Besides, it won't be long before Russell gets some more Microsoft money, being quoted as saying, "I am not afraid to Excel"

BigMeach

Reaction score
If you honestly think athletes in the NFL are so well off you should really watch the 30 for 30 episode titled "Broke".

Wiseguy

Reaction score
BigMeach":3989ukk3 said:
If you honestly think athletes in the NFL are so well off you should really watch the 30 for 30 episode titled "Broke".

Agreed that was a great episode that really broke down the lifestyle vs salary reality facing most NFL players.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I like Bob, but I have a feeling he's going to have a career arc like a bottle rocket; fun while it lasts, but gone too soon. Dude's going to take a lot of thumping...

BigMeach

Reaction score
And it's even worse now , with rookies not making nearly as much money and the average lifespan of an NFL player being something like 3.7 years. By the time they can even get that big contract they are on average out of the league. Then you consider whatever they make they lose around half to taxes. Plus these are KIDS, 20-25 year old Kids who have never had money and now have what seems like limitless money. It doesn't take much to be bankrupt. I don't blame them at all for taking every commercial and endorsement they get. That is not selling out that's buying in.

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
I thought this was gonna be a poll to voice who was the rookie of the week for this week. Both guys looked great for their teams.

Bipolar

Reaction score
RG3 is a better QB / more athletic than Wilson. that's why he was a borderline 1st overall draft pick.

in all fairness, I really do like Russell Wilsons' leadership and communication skills, but what truly keeps Russell afloat is the elite defense and the elite running game.
there is no freaking chance that, if the mighty mouse started for Redskins, he would have had the same stats.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Wasn't Russell Wilson projected to have a better NFL career than any of the QBs taken in that draft? I can't for the life of me find the page that predicts this, he had an asterisk next to his name for some reason, and still came out above Luck/RG3/Tannehill/etc (maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about). After seeing what he was able to do against an elite team, coach, QB...I believe it.

Go Hawks.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":1vv84qun said:
therealjohncarlson":1vv84qun said:
KitsapHawk":1vv84qun said:

Some people have integrity and when they are making as much as they do beforehand..

First of all RG3 isnt even making that much on his rookie contract. Second of all, you're seriously going to argue doing commercials is not having integrity? Wow ok, I guess we have a huge difference in opinion. I think anyone who is approached to get payed thousands of dollars to appear in a commercial and says no is pretty stupid. Easiest job ever.