Patriots game was fun, Thursday is MUCH bigger though..

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I know we're all on cloud 9 and rightfully so, but Thursday nights game looms much larger in the grand scheme of things than yesterdays win does IMO.

A win would put us at 5-2 and potentially all by our lonesome on top of the division with a little bit of a break coming up in the schedule..

A loss? 4-3 and more importantly 0-3 in the division, leaving us virtually no room to win the division any way but outright. The home games so far illustrate what a decisive advantage this team has playing at home.

I am aware that either way you slice it.. there's still going to be nine games left on the schedule after Thursday - but this game against the 49ers is BIG folks. It's BIG.

The offense made big strides yesterday, but they're not getting an average Patriots defense this go around... they're getting the leagues best after being embarrassed yesterday. This is easily our toughest game to date.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1i6slcbl said:
I know we're all on cloud 9 and rightfully so, but Thursday nights game looms much larger in the grand scheme of things than yesterdays win does IMO.

A win would put us at 5-2 and potentially all by our lonesome on top of the division with a little bit of a break coming up in the schedule..

A loss? 4-3 and more importantly 0-3 in the division, leaving us virtually no room to win the division any way but outright. The home games so far illustrate what a decisive advantage this team has playing at home.

I am aware that either way you slice it.. there's still going to be nine games left on the schedule after Thursday - but this game against the 49ers is BIG folks. It's BIG.

The offense made big strides yesterday, but they're not getting an average Patriots defense this go around... they're getting the leagues best after being embarrassed yesterday. This is easily our toughest game to date.

This is one of the greatest parts about being a fan and not a player. They have to wake up and get right back to work and begin to worry and gameplan for the Thursday game. We can still enjoy the excitement of this huge win and leave the worrying about the Niners on gameday.