I've watched this about 20 times now but it doesn't get old

OP
OP
bluengreen

bluengreen

Reaction score
OK, 40 times now. I can't help it. I'm normally a very kind person, but something about watching Brady's face bounce off the turf gives me warm fuzzy feelings :)

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Does anyone seem to get this call as much as Tom Brady? Don't kid yourselves, Pats fans.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd feel like a pussy if the refs were being that overprotective of me. NO ONE gets that called roughing in the NFL...except Brady, maybe Peyton.

And Jordan didn't destroy the game by constantly travelling and not getting it called. Whatever. God weren't those replacement refs awful, except, you know, they weren't.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
My favorite:

[youtube]AN3IT8PSLPU[/youtube]

Nothing screams Tom Brady is a huge wuss better than this.

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
bradyflag.gif

haha if you watch Clemons and Irvin after the play they walk the same way.

sc85sis

Reaction score
It might not have been quite as bad had he not gotten pushed in the back just prior to making the tackle. Where was the flag for that?

mikeak

Reaction score
I don't get the discussion about how it is not an illegal hit. It is very clearly helmet to helmet regardless of how many links saying otherwise while showing it clearly people post. It was a stupid play, late and helmet to helmet. 15 yard penalty instead of 4th and 2 or something like that

ivotuk

Reaction score
That's one of those penalties that is worth risking. It could have just as easily not been called but either way, it rattled Brady and we all know how well that works after watching the Giants game plan vs Tom.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
mikeak":t9ozp3fk said:
I don't get the discussion about how it is not an illegal hit. It is very clearly helmet to helmet regardless of how many links saying otherwise while showing it clearly people post. It was a stupid play, late and helmet to helmet. 15 yard penalty instead of 4th and 2 or something like that
I agree with you that it was a legitimate call. I don't agree with you that it was stupid. Yes, it cost us 15 yards and it extended the drive, but it is exactly the sort of call you expect to get occasionally with this defense. I don't want them backing off or slowing down at all. And in this particular case, Brady was never the same after the hit -- in that respect, it was a well invested 15 yard penalty.

mikeak

Reaction score
Bluetalon - he goes lower and gets a late hit penalty I would have been ok with it. He gets a better push with his hands and accidentaly gets helmet to helmet I am ok with it.

3rd and 7 and this hit - I don't like it one bit. 1st down, 2nd down fine whatever you give them a few yards. You are down and need a stop no way this is a good hit no matter how much you rattle your opponent

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawks08":1b8p64lq said:
bluengreen":1b8p64lq said:

now that I see it, its not the hit from Jones, but his helmet hitting the turf was what he was what the ref saw and called Clemons for it.
BS, almost every single QB that gets sacked hits the ground with their helmets, watch other sacks and tell me that it isn't the case almost every single time.
That was a well earned sack, and a pussee call.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":wqg35hyl said:
the helmet to helmet as you put it was because of a Patriot shoving the Seahawk player hard in the back, and right into Brady, and if ANYONE was responsible for that collision, it was Bradys O-lineman,,and HE should be fined for it,,That was a bad call against the Seahawks.
Watch the film of the play over and over and over, and you will have to agree that the ref. screwed the pooch on that play.

A

Anonymous

From what I could tell, shortly after that hit, all his passes started bouncing off the field in front of his receivers.

I think it rattled him a touch.