why do our coaches/wilson hate zach miller?

gocougs789

Reaction score
60 catches for a terrible raiders team in 2010. If we get him on track the wins will come. He has sure hands and can own any LB in the league.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
JSeahawks":r5uhgm46 said:
Did you see what happened to Giaconni on the last drive when Miller was gonig out for passes?
He got blown up by Aldon Smith.

OP
OP
G

gocougs789

Reaction score
I understand that we need a TE to block at times but we also need somebody to catch at times. He can do that unlike evans. But to catch it we have to throw it to him in the first place. When a team struggles to catch the ball why not get him more involved. There are ways to make it happen and help jockstrap.

kf3339

Reaction score
If Breno needs a blocking TE to help him out, then they should find a blocking TE and let Zack Miller become a full fledged pass catching TE. But to keep him in so much just takes away another receiving weapon that Wilson desperately needs right now.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
kf3339":3mdlww46 said:
If Breno needs a blocking TE to help him out, then they should find a blocking TE and let Zack Miller become a full fledged pass catching TE. But to keep him in so much just takes away another receiving weapon that Wilson desperately needs right now.

If Breno needs a blocking TE to help him out repeatedly then I think what they really need is a new RT.

aku

Reaction score
I still don't understand why we don't let McCoy block and get Miller out on routes more often. Maybe they're worried about risking injury to both our blocking TEs, but it hardly matters if we're not moving the chains anyways. Or if they want Miller to have the element of surprise, get MRob in there in the backfield to take over the double team when Miller leaks. Just do something. Miller might be the second best receiver on this team, we need him getting some real production. It just doesn't make any sense to keep such a talented guy blocking all the time.

kf3339

Reaction score
Shane Falco":1ic6mhcu said:
kf3339":1ic6mhcu said:

If Breno needs a blocking TE to help him out repeatedly then I think what they really need is a new RT.

That is another option, but I suspect that there are a lot more blocking TE's we can find now than quality RT's for this season. For the off season in FA or the draft your right.

kf3339

Reaction score
I was just thinking that perhaps they should put in Sweezy as a blocking TE to help out Breno when needed, and let Miller get out on more passing plays. It's something I would do. Anything is better than the current situation.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I was just being a smartass. We definitely need to get Miller catching more passes and blocking less one way or the other.

OP
OP
G

gocougs789

Reaction score
aku":3pbmo8xd said:
I still don't understand why we don't let McCoy block and get Miller out on routes more often. Maybe they're worried about risking injury to both our blocking TEs, but it hardly matters if we're not moving the chains anyways. Or if they want Miller to have the element of surprise, get MRob in there in the backfield to take over the double team when Miller leaks. Just do something. Miller might be the second best receiver on this team, we need him getting some real production. It just doesn't make any sense to keep such a talented guy blocking all the time.

Getting Miller involved more will get the chains moving, especially now that Baldwin is battling injuries. We need a go to guy who has sure hands. Not to mention that Miller is a mismatch against any LB in the league.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
How about we throw some quick passes instead of plays that have to develop? Giac can hold Smith for a one step drop. Miller catches in the middle of the field for 8 yards every time.

seedhawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3mqehl68 said:
How about we throw some quick passes instead of plays that have to develop? Giac can hold Smith for a one step drop. Miller catches in the middle of the field for 8 yards every time.

Would be fine if RW was a bit taller. He probably can't see those quick slants and TE routes. Either he has to develope the confidence to throw to where the reciever "should" be, or we need to move him back a bit so his vision is better.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":1ch7jqtj said:
SonicHawk":1ch7jqtj said:

Would be fine if RW was a bit taller. He probably can't see those quick slants and TE routes. Either he has to develope the confidence to throw to where the reciever "should" be, or we need to move him back a bit so his vision is better.

seriously?

mistaowen

Reaction score
It's sad to say, but our O line still needs improvement even after decent amount of additions. Zach gets the golden star for being our 5 1/2th lineman. I'm sure they would love to get a young, former pro bowl TE involved in the passing game, but when we HAD to pass it and the 49ers knew it, Breno got dominated without help. When he did get help, we got that iffy high-low block safety penalty. A lot of our passing plays were max protection, 3 WR routes.

That said, they are all great running game linemen. Frequently down field. 49ers are about as hard as it gets to run on and Marshawn had some great running lanes. The constant roster churn probably isn't done yet for our O line.

Largent80

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks our O-line is good needs to realize that they are not.

The T.E. in this offense is basically an O-lineman.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3gdcwrjb said:

Our O-Line is ok. It's not good, but it's ok.

Largent80

Reaction score
SonicHawk":302hccg2 said:
Largent80":302hccg2 said:

Our O-Line is ok. It's not good, but it's ok.

Right...That is why we use 2 T.e.'s to block on sets that most teams use the T.E. as a receiving weapon.

seedhawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2wq0psas said:
seedhawk":2wq0psas said:
SonicHawk":2wq0psas said:

seriously?

Yes, SERIOUSLY! The last true slant I remember us throwing was in Flynn's last preseason game, and RW sure as hell didn't throw it. Just what part of, if he can't see it or trust it do some of you people not understand?