Something I fail to see in any posts

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
This is the San Francisco 49ers.
This is one of THE best defenses in the league, and no pushover.
This game was played in a hostile location, which has always been a problem for us

These combined as it stands makes it already a difficult game as it is. But most of us seem to be drunk on the Kool-Aid of last week and we forget where our offense was for the first 4 games. This is in all honesty, nothing new. There should be no Golden Standard set for our team at this point. We have a great defense. We have talented players. And most importantly, several rookies starting for this team. We simply cannot expect to play perfectly every game, especially working out the kinks of a new quarterback.

When we go and win games handily and consistently ON THE ROAD we should be upset with performances like this. We know they can play better, we know they will. But you cannot expect a young team to click on all cylinders every quarter of every game. Once we all understand this, ours lives will be a lot easier.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Pretty much waht I've thought all year. Young team. They show sparks of greatness at times but I expected bumps in the road this year. I still fully and whole heartedly believe they are building a special team in seattle but I have to see some more improvements and lets see how they bounce back next week.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Great post, Kitsap. We just played the #1 defense in the league, on the road, on short rest, with a less than juggernaut offense. Perspective is key right now. I still see the offense making strides as the season goes on.

12evanf

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2n7xvsxe said:
You haven't been reading my posts, evidently. I've been saying this from game start. They're good. Damned good. They proved better at home, but I'd wager we'll prove better at our home as well.

:thirishdrinkers:

Hawks46

Reaction score
If they had come out, and dominated us physically (which I had actually expected), then I'd be ok with it. We totally outplayed them to halftime.

But it was a lot of mental mistakes that killed us. Wide open receivers dropping the ball. OL and receivers whiffing on blocks. And I mean whiffing, not like a defensive player blew through a block, they were totally missed.

I didn't see any fire in the second half. I didn't see the desire to come back. Maybe they were fatigued.

irocdave

Reaction score
Anyone getting stupid over a close road loss to a division opponent that went to the NFCCG last year needs to shut the pie hole. They obviously dont know much about the NFL. The game went how I thought it would. The hawks had a chance but a couple of drops were the difference.

That being said, the 49ers will get it handed to them in Seattle. That game will not be close.

seanoob

Reaction score
Talk me off of the ledge...oh wait, we got by the niners at SF and even with a bunch of dropped passes it was d4mn close. We didn't get blown out. THAT was my greatest fear. Not sure how any hawks fans can be hanging your heads. Thumbs up kitsaphawk.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This was also the league's very best run-blocking team. Stiffest challenge our D-line will see all year. Our LB's had a tough day, lost gap control too often.

Rocket

Reaction score
11 days... eleven long, painful, anger-filled dripping vile days.

Best of luck, yall. Really.

having said that, it was a weird game... drop-wise.

The last real play's calling was weirder'n hell. Safety? "I'll see" on the decision to decline it? WTF?

aku

Reaction score
The problem I have isn't with the loss. It's not even with our offense getting beat. It's the fact that when our offense didn't get beat, we beat ourselves. Wilson had 14 incompletions this week... how many were drops? 6? Turbin dropped a potential TD, fine. He's a RB, it happens. But the other guys, come on. We have so few opportunities to win games, we can't just leave them on the field.

One thing I'll take heart in is what seemed like improved playcalling. I really liked the calls in the first half. There were a couple questionable calls in the 2nd (seriously, we can get two yards on the ground) but if not for the drops the gameplan probably would have looked great.

I guess what irritates me is that our offense isn't as bad as it looks on paper. We could have won this game. It was our own mistakes that killed us.

SinCitySeahawk

Reaction score
We are a young team and are going to hit some road blocks, but until we are putting up 20 plus points per game, we will not be successful.

manders2600

Reaction score
Fewer dropped passes would mean a Seahawks win. And fewer blown non-calls would mean a 49ers blowout.

Certainly, any team can look back at any close loss and point to a few plays that could have changed the game, but they usually wash out in the end.

Seattle has a very good, very young team. But the divisional record will make it hard to get a home game in the playoffs, and this team is not ready to win against playoff teams on the road.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Seriously, people are acting as if they've never seen a game between two defense-first teams.

Yes, this loss sucks, but it shouldn't have been surprising in any way to anyone.

The Seahawks and 49ers are very similar teams, but SF is a little further along in their development on both sides of the ball.

Their D-line got more push on our O-line than our D-line got on their O-line. That was a big element of the game.

The drops were bad, and Wilson's pick was bad. The D getting gashed by Gore was bad.

But that doesn't make Seattle a bad team. And I realize that's going to be shocking to lots of folks here who melt down after every loss. But it's true. People were trying to invest so much importance in this game ("If we don't win, we can't win the division!", "This game will tell us what kind of team we have!", etc.) that they can't be rational about what to take away from it.

First off, it means we're not on the 49ers level just yet. Certainly not on the lines.

Second, it means exactly what everyone thought at the beginning of the season - playing our toughest divisional rival on the road 4 days after playing one of the league's elite teams is an incredibly tall order. Last night proved that.

But that's it. We're not sunk. The season isn't over. Now, every single one of our divisional rivals have to come into our house, where we've beaten the Packers, Patriots, and Cowboys. And I guarantee you that none of those teams is relishing that prospect. And we've got 10 days to prepare for a Detroit team that hasn't been in top form this season. That's a very winnable road game. If we win that game, we'll have come out of a very tough 1st half schedule with a 5-3 record, 5 home games ahead of us, and a very real shot at the postseason.

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't see many on the ledge simply because we lost. Folks are pissed because as someone above stated, it wasn't SF's defense that beat us (well not all SFs defense, much credit to them though). It was stupid drops, some of which, the biggest of which (Turbin) didn't have jack to do with what defense he was going against. That wasn't a highly-contested catch where the difference was the aggressive play of the secondary. That was a wide-open catch without a defender near him.

I'm not pissed because we lost to a really good team on the road, I'm pissed because on an NFL team you can at least catch the balls that hit you in the hands I don't care what the situation is or where you are playing. Those are easy plays, as far as the young team BS I'm sorry I'll buy that if it's the case of a linebacker taking a bad angle or an O lineman missing an assignment but it doesn't hold water when it's a case of a ball hitting you in the hands. Besides, Tate isn't a rookie what's his excuse?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawk45":iescax9v said:
I don't see many on the ledge simply because we lost. Folks are pissed because as someone above stated, it wasn't SF's defense that beat us (well not all SFs defense, much credit to them though). It was stupid drops, some of which, the biggest of which (Turbin) didn't have jack to do with what defense he was going against. That wasn't a highly-contested catch where the difference was the aggressive play of the secondary. That was a wide-open catch without a defender near him.

I'm not pissed because we lost to a really good team on the road, I'm pissed because on an NFL team you can at least catch the balls that hit you in the hands I don't care what the situation is or where you are playing. Those are easy plays, as far as the young team BS I'm sorry I'll buy that if it's the case of a linebacker taking a bad angle or an O lineman missing an assignment but it doesn't hold water when it's a case of a ball hitting you in the hands. Besides, Tate isn't a rookie what's his excuse?

Bad game. That's it.

Tate's not a 70-catch, 1000 yard guy, but he has made some big catches for us this year. This game, not so much.

Turbin has done some really nice things for us so far this year, and there was a thread just YESTERDAY talking about wanting to see him more. So he had a bad drop. Does that change everything that's gone before?

hawk45

Reaction score
Not calling for Turbin's head. My main reason for wanting to see him more was his hands so he pissed that one down his leg but he at least has the youth excuse.

Tate has made some big catches yeah but I don't want him to be the guy relied on for production every game because he's a grab bag. It's great to throw it up to him now and then as sort of a roll of the dice but I think we can do better at that position and who knows maybe if you get a guy who can run his routes you get a LOT more production since Sidney has to be drawing a lot of attention to his side.