Dropped Passes

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't understand why this issue keeps haunting the Seahawks. I believe the only year this wasn't an big issue was 2005, everybody was catching passes that year. I think that had to do quite a bit with Joe J. He was a vacuum when it came to catching the ball and it spread to the rest of the receivers. Engram was reliable years after. Unfortunately, there is no one like a Joe J or Engram on this team. A receiver who's reliable to make the clutch catch. A sure-handed guy. Rice could be that guy but he doesn't get enough targets (IMO). He hasn't stood out on a consistent basis. The problem is these are balls placed in their hands that they are dropping. So it's not like they have to reach for them. Where's the stick'em? The Seahawks receivers have a need to use it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It hasn't reared it ugly head until thursday night, hopefully it was a fluke.

ensett

Reaction score
Dropped passes really have not been a problem in a long time. This is a one time thing.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
i could be wrong but didnt they flash a stat saying we had the few dropped passes in NFL, or was it the most? anyone recall it?

aku

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":3oupxiq4 said:
i could be wrong but didnt they flash a stat saying we had the few dropped passes in NFL, or was it the most? anyone recall it?
We only had 5 or so dropped passes going into the game, which was close to the bottom but I'm not sure whether it was the absolute least.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Niners defense probably had something to do with some of that, but really, Turbin had no business dropping that one.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Yeah, we were tied for the least dropped passes in the league going into Thursday night, and we doubled that number in one evening. Hopefully it was a statistical outlier.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Yea, everyone wants to blame Bevell for this loss, but he can't catch the balls too. Bevell can't force the players to execute, which is all it would have taken for this team to have won Thursday night. The offense had plenty of chances, they never followed through.

I'll give everyone a pass though, fatigue and travel was the culprit here. The 49eres got handed an optimal situation, and they took advantage of it.

slargent4ever

Reaction score
I would be interested in a drops per pass thrown, as our passing offense has been pretty limited until the last game or two. Of course you won't have a whole lot of drops compared to other teams when you aren't throwing the ball much.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
My fault with the original post. I wasn't trying refer to the drop passes as a quantity but when they are occuring. The point was the passes being dropped in crucial situations. The problem with the offense is that they have to play a near-perfect game to win. They can't afford the drops, penalties, etc in order to win. Dropped passes are magnified in games last Thursday because it was a close game and one or two plays could have made a difference. Pretty much the same story against the Rams and Cards. One or two plays different could have changed the outcome.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
hawkfan68":kyt05o84 said:
My fault with the original post. I wasn't trying refer to the drop passes as a quantity but when they are occuring. The point was the passes being dropped in crucial situations. The problem with the offense is that they have to play a near-perfect game to win. They can't afford the drops, penalties, etc in order to win. Dropped passes are magnified in games last Thursday because it was a close game and one or two plays could have made a difference. Pretty much the same story against the Rams and Cards. One or two plays different could have changed the outcome.

but on the flipside crucial passes being caught won us the game against the packers and pats

Throwdown

Reaction score
Largent80":1i0yy25s said:
I dropped a pizza last night so I would fit in.

That might be more unforgiveable than Baldwin and Edwards dropping the game winners in AZ.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
A better stat would be dropped passes per attempt. Having the least drops is irrelevant if we have the 2nd or third least attempts.