We have not had any big injuries so far in the season

hawksfan515

Reaction score
why?

I remember last year the 9ers were rarely ever injured. I really want to know if we can continue this trend from year to year. Is it because of our youth???

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3eiqi3c1 said:
Luck.

And this is a very dangerous thread.

Well the streak is gonna end at some point, the odds are definitely against us. And I really hate how a superstitious bunch at .net would go to blame a fellow poster for pointing out a positive on a Seahawks board for the discontinuation of a streak of sorts, even though there is no real evidence that they are to blame.

Greenhell

Reaction score
JSeahawks":4wu12bmb said:
Luck.

Agreed! Mods lock this thread down before it goes any further. :sarcasm_off:

drdiags

Reaction score
It's not superstition but rather a strange point of pride that only seems to feed this crazy need to base everything in how it measures to the 49ers.

No need to bash fellow fans when they call out the merits of the post.

Good for us. We must be the chosen ones. Is that the appropriate response?

TheHawkster

Reaction score
When writers were saying that our OTA's were way more aggressive than everyone else, I thought it had to be a good thing.

Teams that practice really hard tend to stay healthier.
Or at least avoid the really big injuries.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2vix4t75 said:
why?

I remember last year the 9ers were rarely ever injured. I really want to know if we can continue this trend from year to year. Is it because of our youth???

Great now you just jinxed us. We are totally screwed now. :cry:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I've always thought more injuries happen when your on your heals. Meaning playing not to get hurt vs playing to hurt the other guy. The Niners again are healthier than most teams in the league due IMO that same reason. IIRC our worst stretch of injuries was 2006 when we practiced soft in OTA's and training camp trying to ensure we would be healthy and ready to make another SB run.

Playing not to get hurt is kind of like the prevent defense, seems the opposite always happens.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3nw7dmdd said:
JSeahawks":3nw7dmdd said:
Luck.

Well the streak is gonna end at some point, the odds are definitely against us. And I really hate how a superstitious bunch at .net would go to blame a fellow poster for pointing out a positive on a Seahawks board for the discontinuation of a streak of sorts, even though there is no real evidence that they are to blame.

I really hate how somebody posts this sort of thing knowing how it will bother the 'superstitious bunch,' then gets all defensive about his post. Look at how snake-bitten this team has been historically and tell me there's no reason to be uncomfortable with this sort of post. We've historically had more days missed by starters than most any team in the league by an uncomfortable margin.

I can only speculate that you haven't been a fan for long if it doesn't affect you much. We've had countless, very hopefully seasons reduced to either mediocrity or ruins because of the MASH units we've had in the past.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK on that wood. Yep, there goes my silly superstitions again. I'm surprised I haven't knocked a hole in my desktop by now. :th2thumbs:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Our insurance policy is our depth. That said, we have been fortunate thus far.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Youth is the key, I think.

(I actually expected us to take it harder to the 49ers given that we're a bit younger on average across the board...)

pehawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":33glr8ru said:
I've always thought more injuries happen when your on your heals. Meaning playing not to get hurt vs playing to hurt the other guy. The Niners again are healthier than most teams in the league due IMO that same reason. IIRC our worst stretch of injuries was 2006 when we practiced soft in OTA's and training camp trying to ensure we would be healthy and ready to make another SB run.

Playing not to get hurt is kind of like the prevent defense, seems the opposite always happens.

Spot on. The agressor usually ends up healthy. Just the way it works usually.

Riley12

Reaction score
Gawdammit! You had to say it, hawksfan. Now I know who to blame!