Pete Press Conference Week 8 (synopsis added)(video link)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Said Baldwin will be out a couple of weeks with a high ankle sprain....Martin and Tate will fill the void

lots of props for detroit (as per usual) so won't go into detail there

Taking it one day at a time with Moffitt...looks like he should be full go today and they'll continue to evaluate everyday and they won't know how they'll fit him in until later in the week.

Thurmond....said he's a nickel guy who can play outside. Doesn't know how far they can bring him either. Taking it day by day. Emphasized that they have 3 weeks to bring him back (sounds like they aren't rushing him back)

asked about the way we start so well and scripting plays...he said he can't really explain it. Said he likes the way we start but not that it's not continuing.

Sidney Rice...done everything we asked of him...says we will keep moving forward with the offense and as we do that Sidney will get more targets.

Asked why Baldwin hasn't been successful this year compared to last, said that he just hasn't been healthy this year. Thinks he'll be fine once he's "right" again

Does he regret the decisions to cut guys like Winslow and Owens...no, he says they are in a process to develop the qb and that he believes the receivers we have can do the job.

asked about defensive 3rd and longs....He thinks we are getting better at it. Says they feel better about it and thinks they did a "nice job" last week.

past teams come out flat, but seems this team doesn't come out flat (asked by a reporter)...says he thought they were going to go the other way with that question....said they practice and coach high energy and they have a high energy philosophy...says he's glad that they can see how high energy they play...says it's really easy at home because of the energy the home crowd brings, and they just need to continue to bring it week after week

Says he looks at this week like they are playing for first place

key for coming off a loss to a win.....it's a function of our overall approach...we don't allow what happens one week to affect them the following week...says this is why they practice the way they do (I think he mentioned competition wednesday, but I got interrupted)

Cutting down on penalties.......he said....it was a huge issue..he said they took the penalty repeaters into meeting rooms and showed them what was happening and told them they need to adjust. Says he likes how they've seemed to improve in this category. They seem to hold themselves accountable for these penalties and that is a good sign

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
asked about the way we start so well and scripting plays...he said he can't really explain it. Said he likes the way we start but not that it's not continuing

Here's an idea - keep calling those plays!

:les:

Thanks as always, kid.

Sac

Reaction score
Thanks Kid, really cool that you do this all the time.

*Mr Presser*

*.NET Presser Guy*

Isn't Kid due for something like this?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3kup3fuy said:

*Mr Presser*

*.NET Presser Guy*

Just as much as you are due for *.NET Juggling Knockers Avatar Champ"!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1yqmnxma said:

*Mr Presser*

*.NET Presser Guy*

Not a problem. I like to try to catch them as often as possible. Work doesn't always allow me the time to catch them live, but when I can, typing out some shorthand while I listen isn't a big deal really.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Really appreciate this. I don't have 15 min in my day to watch the pressers, but have the few minutes at a time to read your cliff notes.

Jase

Reaction score
Hawks46":1htppv32 said:
Really appreciate this. I don't have 15 min in my day to watch the pressers, but have the few minutes at a time to read your cliff notes.

Same here. Its much appreciated, Kid.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Hard not to get pumped up listening to this guy. I think we're on the right track especially with penalties. RW is getting his reps, getting more experience and hopefully we'll see a few wins in a row here.