is sherman really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

niveky

Reaction score
optimus prime.....if so i missed that one somehow, but have seen it in a couple of threads..is that a national thing or just a .net thing?

sutz

Reaction score
Pretty sure that is just here, and only a couple of posters.

Kinda cool, though.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sherman also provided the voice-over work on Michael Bay's Transformers 2. Not sure why the nickname took so long to come around, seemed obvious.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sherman was actually the inspiration for the original character in the 80's cartoon series.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Sherman needs to check himself, because this is just ignorant. I'm embarrassed that a player on our team would make this mistake.

Megatron killed Optimus Prime.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Per Wikipedia, Optimus Prime is "secretly plagued by self-doubt and a conflicted sense of pacifism that often makes him an extremely reluctant warrior."

Doesn't sound as though sherman really thought this thing through too much.

Maybe the John Wayne handle was already taken.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
jkitsune":2yjztspb said:
Sherman needs to check himself, because this is just ignorant. I'm embarrassed that a player on our team would make this mistake.

Only if you pay attention to the HORRIBLE movies....the real Transformers, Megatron never wins...

Tundra

Reaction score
I was calling him OptimusSherm in some thread about a nickname for him earlier this summer I believe it was, so Iam taking full responsibility for this!

jkitsune

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":yz7thzho said:
jkitsune":yz7thzho said:

Only if you pay attention to the HORRIBLE movies....the real Transformers, Megatron never wins...

In the real Transformers, Megatron kills Optimus. He is later defeated by Rodimus Prime (of whom we shall not speak).

So, yes, I'm saying that Sherman has picked a metaphor in which he is doomed to failure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB0_vJUc3o4

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but in Transformers Megatron wasn't on the LIONS. Also I don't believe he was black. Or human. So there's lots of variables.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
I'll stick with ringworm sherm. i like him getting under receiver's skin.

Feed the Hawk

Reaction score
Per this Transformers Forum http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=30333

"Megatron's only weakness...
is cream cheese, in Season 2 (part2 for dvd owners) where Tracks gets smashed up and that guy fixes him up episode. near the end, Megatron picks up the little guy and when Megatron is bartering with the Autobots, the kid just flips open Megatron's chest and sprays cream cheese in there, then Megatron just falls over. I was laughing incredibly hard, but then a sudden depression fell upon me as now one of my favourite villians just fell to a product by Kraft."

Sherman is now "Cream Cheese"

kearly

Reaction score
A preview of Sunday's matchup:

[youtube]lJd2PjtNRW8[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.