Where's Leon Washington Been?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just curious. Outside of a few decent returns this year, he just doesn't look explosive and gets taken down almost immediately.

The Radish

Reaction score
Had a 45 yard return & almost broke it a couple of times in the last 2 games.

I admit their coverage was damned good. But he seems to break the first line a lot.

BWRyan

Reaction score
The new kickoff rules make his contribution to the team almost zero. I hate it.

ensett

Reaction score
After some very quick stat checking, looks like Leon is 4th in average kickoff return yards, and 14th in punts (ahead of hester!) But things still feel less explosive

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
More so punt returns is where he's MIA to me...Not trying to bag on the guy, just been noticing it a lot lately.

HawkWow

Reaction score
He's a year older, too. I've liked him since he was a Jet and I'm grateful for his contributions. I do think this is his last year with the team. The new kick off position (as mentioned above) makes him expendable.

IF we do the right thing and get a top-tier WR (Woods) in the draft, I would hand return duties to Tate. I've only been enamoured with one WR from ND and that was Tim Brown. Brown returned punts for like 14 years( if I recall correctly). Tate is no Brown but I suspect his role will be reduced next year as a WR, so let's get him started on this as soon as it is clear we are eliminated from this years playoffs.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Without his punt return against NE, we aren't in a position to score in the fourth. He was as important in that winning drive as Wilson and Rice.

I agree with the new rules. There are ZERO kickoff threats in the league anymore. The only threat is with punt returns

getnasty

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Golden Tate getting a few shots in the punt return game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Punters aren't exactly kicking line drives to him either.. they're putting a lot of air on their punts resulting in good coverage and minimal damage on returns.