Penalties - well done

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
As much as we cracked on it earlier this season, I have to give the coaches and players credit for stemming the tide.

I'm not sure what the numbers are the last few games, but its MUCH improved - and no bone head ones either.

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2lm0ryv4 said:
As much as we cracked on it earlier this season, I have to give the coaches and players credit for stemming the tide.

I'm not sure what the numbers are the last few games, but its MUCH improved - and no bone head ones either.

Despite the loss, the lack of penalties REALLY helped keep my blood pressure down.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
So we know that the coaches can identify a problem area and get the players to work on it.

Maybe the coaches can do the same with their 3rd down defense (though I imagine that they'll need to turn that focus on themselves).

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I wrote about this in my Preview piece this past week. That IS one of the true bright spots of this team. Here is what I wrote going in to the Lions game ...

Much has been made about the Seahawks and their penalty situation. In their first 3 games, the Seahawks committed an almost unthinkable 32 penalties. But for all the airtime that Seahawk fans have been spending jamming the airwaves with complaints … that trend has actually changed dramatically. For those who haven’t been paying attention … since the Green Bay game and the return of the NFL’s regular referees … the Seahawks have just 19 miscues in 4 games. If you haven’t done the math in your head, let me lay it out for you …

In Games Officiated by Replacement Refs …
@ Cardinals ……………… 13 penalties
Home against Cowboys ….... 5 penalties
Home against Packers ….… 14 penalties
Average Penalties/Game …. 10.66 penalties/game
------------------------------------------------------
In Games Officiated by Regular Refs …
@ Rams ……………………. 5 penalties
@ Panthers ………………… 7 penalties
Home against Patriots ……… 4 penalties
@ SF 49ers …………………. 3 penalties
Average Penalties/Game …. 4.75 penalties/game

Over their last 3 games then the Seahawks have averaged just 4.7 penalties/game … which (believe it or not) is the 4th FEWEST in the NFL.

Yesterday, the Hawks had only 2 penalties for 10 yards. So that trend has continued. In fact, over the Seahawks last 3 games, they have averaged only 3 penalties/game. That's the FEWEST number of penalties in the NFL. At least there's at least one positive we can hang our hats on.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1f28248a said:
So we know that the coaches can identify a problem area and get the players to work on it.

Maybe the coaches can do the same with their 3rd down defense (though I imagine that they'll need to turn that focus on themselves).

I expect Pete to jump knee deep into the 3rd down D like he did the penalties.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
So let's see...lot's of penalties...winning record. No penalties...no wins. Ya, sounds good.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":cktfzhjp said:
So let's see...lot's of penalties...winning record. No penalties...no wins. Ya, sounds good.

... and 100 yard running games on the road ... where we lose (Stl, SF, Det).

Who the heck knows anymore, conventional wisdom is whacked.