shoutout to Russell Okung

hawksfan515

Reaction score
who didn't allow a pressure yesterday, and did some nice run blocking. Hopefully he builds off this! He has a tough test next week against Jared Allen! :)

jkitsune

Reaction score
Been really impressed with our OL's progress now that injuries (knock on wood) haven't decimated their continuity. Would love to see Moffitt back in there, and they haven't been stellar, but their improvement has been observable and encouraging.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
jkitsune":2w3oa275 said:
Been really impressed with our OL's progress now that injuries (knock on wood) haven't decimated their continuity. Would love to see Moffitt back in there, and they haven't been stellar, but their improvement has been observable and encouraging.

Maybe this is the real reason for Wilson's amazing improvement?

jkitsune

Reaction score
I don't think so. Protection has been better, but Wilson's feel for the pocket and willingness to hang in there when under pressure has improved dramatically. He looks much more like a pocket passer now than he did to start the year (ie, he looks more now like he did in college). He's been more accurate, shown better feel for touch passes, and his deep ball has been very good. I don't think you can put that all on improved protection.

That said, certainly doesn't hurt.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
jkitsune":33pmkdct said:
I don't think so. Protection has been better, but Wilson's feel for the pocket and willingness to hang in there when under pressure has improved dramatically. He looks much more like a pocket passer now than he did to start the year (ie, he looks more now like he did in college). He's been more accurate, shown better feel for touch passes, and his deep ball has been very good. I don't think you can put that all on improved protection.

That said, certainly doesn't hurt.

I agree. His pocket pressence is night and day from where he started those first few games. But also, although I do agree on all accounts with what you said here, It looks like his trust in the o-line is finally there too. And how much of that comes with the o-line playing better? Hard to say imo.

Back to Okung, nice to see him be more consistent without the penalties and injuries. Afterall he is our biggest investment in the o-line which makes any negative issues with him more disappointing because of expectations.