For our East Coast .NET'ers, check in!!!

RockHawk

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask for some of the .NET regulars living around New York and New Jersey to post here and let us know you're good after Sandy. Hoping to hear from NJSeahawks and others very soon!!

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Got lucky most people by me have no power . I've never seen so many downed trees and power lines ever. It was crazy last night!

drdiags

Reaction score
Love this post. I was going to suggest that all our East coast guys identify themselves before the storm hit and then check in afterward. That way we would know who to worry about. Hope all are doing okay.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
NY here. Checking in and all is good. I am not in the city and we were lucky to not have received as much damage and rain.

sjhawkfan

Reaction score
Right in South Jersey...hence the SJ in my name. Crazy winds...but no damage and everyones safe. All good.

Certainly helped to get my mind off the Det game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Glad to hear some are ok, my positive thoughts are sent out to the eastcoast.netters and anyone else affected by this.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Man, we got alot of jersey hawks here. Hope you all are doin well

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm doing okay, thanks for asking Mark.

It's pretty wet and rainy here. While outside smoking, I actually had to wear shoes instead of my usual flip-flops. I know that sound horrific, but I'm okay, truly. Yes, shoes are uncomfortable, but I make do. Also, my internet seems a tad slow. I'm pretty upset about that.

I do have to venture out today, and there's a good chance my Gucci shoes contact moisture. I've contaced FEMA and Jazzhawk to get a chairty thread going to replace my Gucci shoes. The important thing is during this whole thing I dont lose my style.

Again, thoughts and prayers are with those on the Eastside.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Prayers with all of those affected. It's easy to stay desensitized and distant over here on the west coast, forgetting how seriously so many people's lives are being affected.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have many family and dear friends living in New Jersey...So far, they all made it okay. Most escaped the direct flooding but have been without power since 8pm EST or so. One of them had their bottom floor flood though. Nasty, nasty storm. My thoughts are with everyone over there.

JonRud

Reaction score
We are ok in central nj. No power could be out a long time. One sixty ft tree down in my backyard but not near the house. Sucks but at least we are safe. If power not back by sunday 4pm i will be heading to sports bar for first time in many years. Go Hawks!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Northern Jersey here, North Bergen to be exact ...my immediate vicinity escaped unscathed...but all the roads to get into nyc are closed by me, as well as major roads around here..pretty crazy that I got out ok...prayers and thoughts to families who were affected by this.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
in toronto got lucky too some power out but got missed only couple of trees down but for the most part not bad.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sandy hit Delaware pretty directly. A beach here called Rehobeth was hit pretty hard and it seems most of the boardwalk has been washed away from what I've heard.

My school has been closed for 3 days now due to a nearby river flooding. Atlantic City in Jersey is basically underwater, I've heard. Much of us here in Delaware are without power, I'm thankful that I am not one of those affected.

All in all, it could've been worse, but it hit a lot of us pretty hard. Ripped a little paneling off of my house. That's about the extent of the damage to my home.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
All my thoughts and prayers to those affected. 100% willing to donate to any initiative .net puts forth to help out.

The Radish

Reaction score
Aros":3c3qweot said:
I have many family and dear friends living in New Jersey...So far, they all made it okay. Most escaped the direct flooding but have been without power since 8pm EST or so. One of them had their bottom floor flood though. Nasty, nasty storm. My thoughts are with everyone over there.

For those of you that don't know, Aros son lives in Joisey. Couldn't get any contact by phone but texting worked to let him know they are ok but with no power for who knows how long.

From what I read in our paper this morning and my internet home page there are areas there that will be without power for maybe as much as a couple of weeks. That sucks, especially near winter.

I hope these people with no power know someone with a generator to keep their phones charged so they at least have some contact with the world outside their own homes. When we moved to our persent home there was a storm that put lots of Spokane out of power for a couple of weeks. We had friends coming over just to get out of the lantern/candle powered light and see what electircity looked like.

So we went and purchased a gasoline generator just in case, now use it for home and our travel trailer.

:les:

bingotown

Reaction score
Binghamton here, 3 and half hours north west of NYC and an hour south Syracuse. We all lucked out up here. They were calling for some pretty bad stuff with high winds and rain and all but it pretty much broke up before it got here. Thank god! We were hit last September with a really bad flood that some people out here are still recovering from. The threat of sandy had a lot of people on edge. Our prayers up here go out to the people down state who took the brunt of the storm.