Baldwin back at practice

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Reported that he was back in practice today in a limited roll. If he can go on Sunday I feel 100% better about our WR situation.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
based on how the WR's did at Detroit, Baldwin isn't gonna change THAT much.

But having a reliable slot threat is a very underrated role. Glad he's back.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Great news. Hopefully he's good to go and not being pressed into service because of all the injuries.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, no need to rush him back into action. I'd rather him ready to go for the last quarter of the season and the playoffs if we are so fortunate. Than to rush him back and have him reaggrevate his ankle and be hobbled the rest of the year.

I think the WR's looked fine in the Detroit game. I think if they can get Moore and McCoy more involved than I think that would be a huge benefit.

roiyair

Reaction score
I thought he had the dreaded HIGH ankle sprain, but since he's practicing now I'm assuming I'm wrong?
That injury sidelined Okung for like 6 weeks if I recall correctly. Anyway hopefully at home we won't need Doug. this is the worst offense we faced at C-Link so far this season, and after last sunday I'm sure everyone on D gonna have fire in their eyes. Can't wait to see how they're gonna do.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
jman316":388tg9la said:
Has Moore actually caught a ball? He's only had a couple of chances, but hasn't done anything with them.

Nope. Has ran 35 pass routes, and been thrown to a couple of times, but hasn't caught a ball yet, even when some have been in his hands.

I guess we're just hoping eventually he'll be better than Winslow. Eventually.....

Schadie001

Reaction score
I talked to his uncle yesterday, who said Doug is trying to get back and is feeling a little better. But it really doesn't matter what he wants, if the Docs clear him he'll play, if not he won't. Hard to fake your ankle doesn't hurt as a WR.

hawker84

Reaction score
moore is the last reciever i want a ball thrown to. i agree no need to rush baldwin back if he's not ready.. i feel rice, tate, miller, mccoy, kearse and martin can get the job done if needed...

The Radish

Reaction score
roiyair":1afn58xc said:
I thought he had the dreaded HIGH ankle sprain, but since he's practicing now I'm assuming I'm wrong?
That injury sidelined Okung for like 6 weeks if I recall correctly. Anyway hopefully at home we won't need Doug. this is the worst offense we faced at C-Link so far this season, and after last sunday I'm sure everyone on D gonna have fire in their eyes. Can't wait to see how they're gonna do.

They did call it the dreaded "high ankle sprain". I think they have found better ways to treat that injury rather than the 6 weeks or more it used to take.

:les:

roiyair

Reaction score
Or maybe 6 weeks is just Okung time, though the normal time would probably then be around 3 weeks and not 1.5 like Doug :p

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jman316":2gw3hnu1 said:
Has Moore actually caught a ball? He's only had a couple of chances, but hasn't done anything with them.

He was cut by Cleveland..................Cleveland.

OP
OP
Navyhawkfan187

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I gotta think a guy like Baldwin would heal from a lower leg type injury quicker than a big guy like Okung, nothing against Russ, but he's carrying almost 200 extra pounds around on his legs in comparison to Doug. Regardless, if the docs clear Baldwin he'll be out there, if they don't he won't. I don't think the docs are gonna put him out there if there is a substantial risk of losing him for an even longer period.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":23idwjzx said:
I gotta think a guy like Baldwin would heal from a lower leg type injury quicker than a big guy like Okung, nothing against Russ, but he's carrying almost 200 extra pounds around on his legs in comparison to Doug. Regardless, if the docs clear Baldwin he'll be out there, if they don't he won't. I don't think the docs are gonna put him out there if there is a substantial risk of losing him for an even longer period.

Maybe, but Baldwin also has to run and cut much more than an O-Linemen does.......especially a slot receiver like Baldwin that has to be quick off the line to get separation.

It just sucks cause Baldwin's been hurt ALL DAMN YEAR.......we need the dude.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
It's the extra 200 Okie's carrying, but also that he has to plant and take impact from 300 lbs dline guys, or drive against them. And he does this every play, whereas a reciever isn't even on the field every play. And even if he is, he's just running and cutting. An oline's high-ankle is a totally different proposition.

OP
OP
Navyhawkfan187

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Baldwin and Moffitt both full participants in practice today. Looks like We'll have 5 healthy WR's, and all of our OL healthy for the first time ever.