Sporting News NFL Player Poll: Rookie QB with Best Future

AVL

Reaction score
Or you could say he came in third amassing votes equal to both players trailing him, if you were a net homer.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
RGIII and Luck are pretty damn talented rooks with bright futures so coming in third behind those two guys, especially this early in the process, doesn't mean much.

Happy

Reaction score
Shane Falco":2vb2exzw said:
RGIII and Luck are pretty damn talented rooks with bright futures so coming in third behind those two guys, especially this early in the process, doesn't mean much.

I approve of this message.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
All of those other QB's are 1st round picks. I'll take it. Who's the idiot that picked Brandon Weeden?

509hawk

Reaction score
look at the full link name closely...

andrew-luck-robert-griffin-iii-rg3-tannehill-best-rookie-qb-sn-players-poll?modid=recommended_2_5

It mentions tannehill who is below russell in the poll and it mentions rg3 twice lol.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Shane Falco":hhu71irt said:

When you consider the hype those guy had and have by the media any poll with them in it will go down this way. Wilson is going to have to win the Super Bowl single handed in order top those two guys.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Hi all! Long-time reader, first-time posting.

I think RW has the potential for a better future than RGIII simply because he's been smarter about taking hits so far. RGIII has already had a concussion, if I recall. That doesn't exactly spell "longevity".

kearly

Reaction score
It's too early for RW to have national attention/hype. If Seattle makes it deep into the playoffs, that will change.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
v1rotv2":uqiumj8r said:
Shane Falco":uqiumj8r said:

When you consider the hype those guy had and have by the media any poll with them in it will go down this way. Wilson is going to have to win the Super Bowl single handed in order top those two guys.

Russell Wilson will have to maintain a QBR of over 125 AND the Hawks must win out the last half of the year for Russ to be mentioned in the same breath as Mr. Luck and RGIII ....and even then, they'll do it begrudgingly!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":s4akra5w said:
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-08/andrew-luck-robert-griffin-iii-rg3-tannehill-best-rookie-qb-sn-players-poll?modid=recommended_2_5

Out of 103 players polled, only 4 voted for Wilson.

I guess they aren't members of Seahawks.net

Hmmm, tell me if I'm off base here, but doesn't this post seem to be bashing our QB at the mid point of his rookie season? Does the content of this post also seem to suggest a measure of contempt toward those that don't agree with what it seems to imply about the long-term success of RW? My memory isn't the same as it used to be, so maybe a few of you could help me out....I could swear this post follows a game that we won -and in no small part- because of the QB. In the game prior to that, the QB aquitted himself pretty well in as well, or was that my imagination?

Is it just me, or does this post seem out of place? Shouldn't there be a forum more congruent with this sort of content like "Wilson haters R us" or "Or RW FAN haterz R us?"

I'm just wondering out-loud about the purpose of such posts. Does the info provided give forum members enough pursuasive information to make them acknowledge their QB will never amount to much.... or do they actually reveal an agenda, albeit a tired and old one? No 'attack' on the OP intended here you understand; just questions and observations about the post itself because inquiring minds...well you know the rest of the cliche' ;)

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2bbcnipy said:
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-08/andrew-luck-robert-griffin-iii-rg3-tannehill-best-rookie-qb-sn-players-poll?modid=recommended_2_5

Out of 103 players polled, only 4 voted for Wilson.

I guess they aren't members of Seahawks.net

I understand you hate Wilson. You can probably sell your Flynn jersey for $10 on ebay.

The players may not even know who Wilson is...unless they played him. All they do is see ESPN which is filled with Luck/RGIII love.

Its going to be a loooooonnnnnnnggggg 10-15 years for you in Seahawk land as RW is here to stay for awhile.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":be9e0amd said:
I'm just wondering out-loud about the purpose of such posts. Does the info provided give forum members enough pursuasive information to make them acknowledge their QB will never amount to much.... or do they actually reveal an agenda, albeit a tired and old one? No 'attack' on the OP intended here you understand; just questions and observations about the post itself because inquiring minds...well you know the rest of the cliche' ;)

I believe the intent of this thread was a tongue in cheek poke in the ribs about the propensity of forum members here to gush all over Wilson, that's all.

Wilson may be great one day, but you have to be insane to not be impressed with how well Luck and RGIII are playing right now.

CANHawk

Reaction score
It's pretty hard to get any pub for a rookie QB with the RG/Luck hype machine running at full steam. I for one actually think it's a HUGE blessing. I'm more than happy to have RG do his thing below the radar at this point in time. Not that I think it would necessarily even phase him, but he probably doesn't need over inflated expectations and a microscope following his every move in his rookie year. People will start to notice when the win streaks start and the efficiency rating starts living in the high 90's full time.

Rat

Reaction score
CANHawk":3o8fn2gn said:
It's pretty hard to get any pub for a rookie QB with the RG/Luck hype machine running at full steam. I for one actually think it's a HUGE blessing. I'm more than happy to have RG do his thing below the radar at this point in time. Not that I think it would necessarily even phase him, but he probably doesn't need over inflated expectations and a microscope following his every move in his rookie year. People will start to notice when the win streaks start and the efficiency rating starts living in the high 90's full time.

Russell Wilson is "below the radar"? Are you serious? He has become very well known outside of Seattle. Between all the offseason gushing from guys like Bill Simmons, his unusual situation (being a starting QB as a rookie third round pick), the attention he gets for being a short QB, the attention brought about from what happened at the end of the Packers game, and the fact that he plays for one of the NFL's most demonstrative coaches, I don't get how anyone can say he's been under the radar, or hasn't generated appropriate publicity.

He has performed very well in spite of all the attention he has received. I think that's one of the more impressive traits he has shown so far.