Golden Tate is entrenched as the #2 WR

hawksfan515

Reaction score
According to snap counts.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/11/12/36 ... k-analysis

Golden Tate is officially the starting X-receiver for the Seahawks, if there was any lingering doubt about depth charts or roles going forward. He and Sidney Rice are the two receiver mainstays in this offense now, both seeing 50 offensive snaps apiece vs. the Jets. Both players are clicking very well with Wilson, and both players are providing Wilson great downfield options.

Both Rice and Tate saw 50 snaps apiece.

Anthony McCoy is not being phased out of the offense, collecting about 37 snaps. Evan Moore on the other hand, seems to be, even though he did collect a DPI on his only snap.

In other news though, Bruce Irvin got two TFL's and two sacks in 13 snaps! Damn, that's pretty good!

hawker84

Reaction score
good to see G tate finally coming around.. he's got all the talent in the world, good to see it materializing on the field... he's a legit weapon and so is rice... so is baldwin for that matter when he's healthy..

JesterHawk

Reaction score
He has completed more passes than Matt Flynn too, does that mean he's our #2 QB? :-D

In seriousness though, Tate is looking like he's turned the corner.

Jac

Reaction score
I think Tate could be in store for yet another iterative breakout next year after an offseason of work with Wilson. I think he has a chance to be a great #2 because he's a playmaker.

Bipolar

Reaction score
oh please, next time he drops a few balls you will be the first to demand his head on a silver platter...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Both Tate and Rice have 6 TD apiece too.

When was the last time both of our starting wideouts had at least 6 TDs each?

sturg78

Reaction score
Jac":ivs8lx18 said:
I think Tate could be in store for yet another iterative breakout next year after an offseason of work with Wilson. I think he has a chance to be a great #2 because he's a playmaker.

I think it depends on the offense. I think 3-5 catches a game is the most a receiver in our offense can hope for in normal games with a "point guard QB" style offense where we are only throwing 20 times a game. If we open it up next year, I would expect Rice and Tate to be up there in numbers with other league leaders.

Jville

Reaction score
Golden Tate is the current #2 receiver with no clear competition for that distinction.

But I wouldn't go so far as to declare him entrenched. At least not yet. He needs to stay focused and finish well.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's too bad Baldwin hasn't been able to stay healthy so far this year. He's a wicked slot option when healthy. I look forward to his full potential return, joining Rice and Tate as a powerful option for RW.

Jville

Reaction score
Aros":177962ii said:
It's too bad Baldwin hasn't been able to stay healthy so far this year. He's a wicked slot option when healthy. I look forward to his full potential return, joining Rice and Tate as a powerful option for RW.

You know timing is so important to the passing game. It's really everything.

I see Baldwin as a Timex ....... takes a licken and keeps on ticking.

I see Rice as a Seiko ...... he's so smooth and precise in every move he makes.

And then there is Tate as a Casio .... he's has multiple features and modes to work with.

Twisted

Reaction score
Jville":2gnd6vco said:
Aros":2gnd6vco said:

dunno if its receivers or QB but it sure looks like the short game timing is getting there, maybe cuz they didn't play too much of it? lol

but yea, way to work around it and not force the issue!

great game fellas

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Jville":86od1die said:
Aros":86od1die said:

And then there is Tate as a Casio .... he's has multiple features and modes to work with.

Seiko is the best you can do? Rice is more of a Rolex.

Jville

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":30nipufy said:
Jville":30nipufy said:
Aros":30nipufy said:

Seiko is the best you can do? Rice is more of a Rolex.

The other Rice is a Rolex ......... along with Hall of Fame receiver Mr. Steve Largent. :th2thumbs: