Declining penalties

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's one of those things that gets complained about when present but never acknowledged when its absent. Way to go, Pete.

A month or so ago, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll had seen enough. In a team meeting, he went off on the chronic rules violators, called them out, let them know that the bench awaited those who continued to get flagged for penalties.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wonder if Pete would have followed through if Okung's penalties continued at the early clip? I could see him sitting Breno due to the unsportsmanlike penalties but the reaction if he had sat Okung for motion/holding penalties amongst fans and media would have been very interesting.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":1jlwpozo said:
I wonder if Pete would have followed through if Okung's penalties continued at the early clip? I could see him sitting Breno due to the unsportsmanlike penalties but the reaction if he had sat Okung for motion/holding penalties amongst fans and media would have been very interesting.
Thankfully, they got the message and we don't have to find out.

Loved the comment about how disciplined our defensive line is.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
drdiags":2lghcvrs said:
I wonder if Pete would have followed through if Okung's penalties continued at the early clip?

I'd say Papa Pete's one of the few head coaches in the league that would have, IMO.

Latest posts