I suppose anythings possible; but not likely

Basis4day

Reaction score
Maybe if this was written after week 3 he would have a more compelling argument.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Lol, I bit. Did you know Tannenhill is best against the blitz and the Hawks like to bring extra rushers like IRVIN? Hahahaha! Irvin is now an "extra rusher". LOL!

And RT is good with the deep ball. Deep ball? Ask Rodgers how well trying to throw deep vs the Hawks works. RT will get carted off the field if all he's got is a good deep ball.

And finally, he brought up the Green Bay game.

Total idiot.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Until the Hawks can win another road game, I can see why the media gives the Phins a chance. I do. Sorry guys...and yeah, the author is an idiot but this will not be an easy game. We HAVE to win, NOW.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Well, he does make some valid points and our road woes are well chronicled (and not just THIS season either), but IMHO Miami will need to play a perfect game AND the Seahawks will have to make more than a couple errors, on both sides of the ball, for them to lose this game…

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2ljw5xbj said:
Lol, I bit. Did you know Tannenhill is best against the blitz and the Hawks like to bring extra rushers like IRVIN? Hahahaha! Irvin is now an "extra rusher". LOL!

And RT is good with the deep ball. Deep ball? Ask Rodgers how well trying to throw deep vs the Hawks works. RT will get carted off the field if all he's got is a good deep ball.

And finally, he brought up the Green Bay game.

Total idiot.

He should just write: It's a road game. It's the Seahawks. That's sound reasoning.

Agreed on the extra rusher. Whoever wrote this hasn't watched this defense.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1up3yqnx said:
I laughed when I saw that too!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Pretty worthless article. I'm pretty sure that the Fins just lost to the Bills and didn't score and offensive TD. The Dolphins are ripe for the taking. The question is weather or not the Seahawks will TAKE IT! They did it with our past 2 home games beating teams they should beat. They Absolutely need this one.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I watched the Dolphins vs. Bills game, those are two dumpster fire teams nowhere close to being considered "playoff caliber."

If the Hawks consider themselves a playoff team, we have no business losing to a team like the Dolphins.

CANHawk

Reaction score
The only "fact" that "article" got right was the fact we stink on the road. Unfortunately... that's very correct. But Miami really sucks and we were able to go down to Carolina and beat that garbage team, so Miami should be pretty do-able as well.

PS I hate the Dolphins uniforms. How was it that people used to make fun of "Seahawk Blue" but "Dolphin WTF is that, green?" gets a pass? Oh and you're going to just go ahead and put orange in there too? SMH

Erebus

Reaction score
While I disagree with parts of the article, its a sign of respect that someone has to come up with reasons (albiet incorrect) that the Dolphins can beat the Seahawks. In years past they would be overlooking this game as an easy win.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3941ctjv said:
If the Hawks consider themselves a playoff team, we have no business losing to a team like the Dolphins.

People insist on saying things like this, as though the majority of playoff teams don't have a loss to a 6-10 or worse team on their resume during the season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":18l00k90 said:
Sgt. Largent":18l00k90 said:

People insist on saying things like this, as though the majority of playoff teams don't have a loss to a 6-10 or worse team on their resume during the season.

Yeah well we already have a couple of those on our resume.

Good teams beat bad teams, even on the road.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16tnfl2r said:
MidwestHawker":16tnfl2r said:
Sgt. Largent":16tnfl2r said:

Yeah well we already have a couple of those on our resume.

Good teams beat bad teams, even on the road.

By that reasoning, here is a list of other teams that are not good:

Green Bay (lost to Indy 30-27; despite the 6-4 record, Indy is a bad team that does only one thing well... generate yards on offense)

New England (lost to Arizona 20-18, at home no less)

Baltimore (lost to a bad Philly team)

Pittsburgh (lost to Oakland and Tennessee, even before they lost Roethlisberger)

New York Giants (also lost to Philly)

Atlanta (lost to New Orleans, a team that can't play defense and lost to Washington on their own field)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":35if38wz said:

Green Bay (lost to Indy 30-27; despite the 6-4 record, Indy is a bad team that does only one thing well... generate yards on offense)

Pittsburgh (lost to Oakland and Tennessee, even before they lost Roethlisberger)

Atlanta (lost to New Orleans, a team that can't play defense and lost to Washington on their own field)

Miami is nowhere close to the quality that these teams were early on in the season (save for maybe Oakland), which is when most of these "bad" teams beat the better teams.........and NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE wants to play the Saints right now.

I still stand by the fact that there's no reason we shouldn't go into Miami after the bye week and beat a bad Dolphins team. If the Hawks don't win, it's not a death blow, but it'll say a lot about what our chances are going down to stretch to make the playoffs.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":185jzmkb said:
volsunghawk":185jzmkb said:

Miami is nowhere close to the quality that these teams were early on in the season (save for maybe Oakland), which is when most of these "bad" teams beat the better teams.........and NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE wants to play the Saints right now.

I still stand by the fact that there's no reason we shouldn't go into Miami after the bye week and beat a bad Dolphins team. If the Hawks don't win, it's not a death blow, but it'll say a lot about what our chances are going down to stretch to make the playoffs.

I agree that we should beat Miami. However, I disagree that the outcome of any one game "says a lot" about our team's chances - that is, unless the one game is a game where we can either clinch a playoff spot or be eliminated from the postseason.

Dom said it best earlier... teams are defined by the entire 16-game season, not by one game here or there where people have expectations about what should occur. New Orleans, as you pointed out, is an excellent example. They were an easy out early in the season, and are a dangerous team right now. Still, they started out 0-4, and I guarantee you there were people on their boards going into that 4th game saying, "This is a game a playoff team wins, no question." They lost to the CHIEFS of all teams - at home. By the assertions that tend to be tossed around here at .NET, there's no way the Saints are a good team. They just can't be because of who they've lost games to and how many they lost in a row.

But see, I don't buy that. I think the Saints are still playoff-caliber, and I think Seattle is playoff-caliber as well. Losing to Miami won't change that... it'll just make getting into the postseason a bit tougher.