When did Russell Wilson win you over?

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I remember early this year the day we signed Matt Flynn, he was the buzz of the town. Everyone was hyped, jerseys were printed, local radio wouldn't stop talking about it, yadayadaada. Fast forward nine months and we've got a rookie under center who nearly none of us foresaw last year.

I was that guy who truly thought Flynn was destined to be starter of the 2012 season. I thought PC's QB competition was just a motivator for Flynn to play at the top of his game. I was slightly impressed by Wilson in the first couple preseason games, but that third game against KC Chiefs sealed the deal for me and I've been a huge fan ever since.

My dad was skeptical of Wilson starting and kept debating with me early in the season amidst a potential QB controversy. He changed his mind after the Pats game, and has been a huge fan ever since.

I know some fans were Flynnsters in the early goings, but are now full-time DangeRuss supporters. I'm curious to hear when exactly the rookie won you over.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
The first time he handed the ball to Marshawn Lynch, I knew it was meant to be.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Draft Day - after the picks were done, I saw Gruden QB camp. Sold.

I also was convinced with my own eyes first day at camp with the QBs warming up probably 20 feet away from me. Flynn looked...alright. Tavaris threw bullets and Russell looked special.

Throwdown

Reaction score
First pre season game I was a fan, week 1 he won me over driving down the field at the end.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Won me over at the Pat's game.

Was a huge Flynn supporter during offseason. Had the blinders on and focused on Flynn v. Detroit last year. Was very intrigued when we drafted Russell, but as a project. I accepted the decision to started Wilson after the Chiefs, and was impressed with Pete for showing his belief in competition included the QB.

Then the Pats game happened.

mikeak

Reaction score
As an NC State grad my answer is his third year at NC State. I was amazed at his improvement while playing baseball between seasons. I mean the guy should be getting worse at least for the first game but nope. He studied the game during grueling baseball seasons.

Now I will admit the first real NFL game was not what people hoped for but I thought it was expected. And when he threw the TD to McCoy in the Dallas game I knew he would pan out.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
4th quarter of the Cards game. for a rook in his 1st start to get the the team down to have shots at the winning TD multiple times even though he didn't convert impressed me. considering the restraints that were put on his plays it really says alot that we were that close to winning. Hell every loss has been esentially that close. Comming off of last year with 0 4th quarter production I saw the light.

:sarcasm_on: But really it was November 29, 1988 I had a Seahawks vision of a QBOTF :sarcasm_off:

Edit: Just realized RW birthday is in 10 days W in the cards!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I went through a lot of frustration early in the year as a Flynn supporter knowing that Flynn probably would have won a couple of our early games like Arizona and/or St. Louis. I say probably because we knew what Flynn would likely bring to the table whereas our erstwhile young QB had yet to prove anything. No dig on Russell by any means; just common perception and not entirely without merit.

New England was significant because it was against a formidable opponent and the kid kept his cool. He's only gotten better since then and I can happily eat crow at this point.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Just kidding...after the KC and Denver games...
The KC game was great, because that's a hostile environment, and he was electrifying. It's too bad KC is the worst team in the league, but he took advantage of his opportunities.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I watched him a lot at Wisconsin. Not because I thought he would play here, because he and Wisconsin were fun to watch.
I've always liked him and thought he had a future. I really liked him after the Cowboys game.

He won me over against New England.

drdiags

Reaction score
Detroit game. He was able to march the team down the field late for the go-ahead TD. I thought that game was won until the defense had an owie. I remain a skeptic since I figure he has more growth that is needed but he has had the team in every game so I respect his game. The players appear to be buying in and that is the most important issue to me.

If he helps the team go 2-1 or 3-0 on the road, just line me up in the back of the wagon with the other late arrivals.

Dismas

Reaction score
He had me with the AZ game . . could see hewas still raw, but he was making decent throws and could have won that game with just 1 catch.

as an aside . . watching the red zone channel, and seeing established qbs throw inaccurate deep balls, it just gives me warm fuzzies knowing Russel HITS those throws. I have been loving his accuracy.

tubbs51

Reaction score
Draft day. I heard a bit about Wilson shortly before and during the first day of the draft. looked up his highlights from NC State and Wisconsin and was partially sold. Saw the QB thing with Gruden and was sold 100%. Honestly i had a slight feeling he'd be our starter but i thought Pete would be a fool and start Flynn over Wilson. Glad thats not the case.

Now as soon as i have the money i'm gonna buy a #3 jersey. :D

Side Note: we have too damn many cool players on our team. From Baldwin, to Sherman, to Lynch, to Turbin, to ET. I mean christ i want a Max Unger jersey!!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
tubbs51":3fpy0rix said:
Draft day. I heard a bit about Wilson shortly before and during the first day of the draft. looked up his highlights from NC State and Wisconsin and was partially sold. Saw the QB thing with Gruden and was sold 100%. Honestly i had a slight feeling he'd be our starter but i thought Pete would be a fool and start Flynn over Wilson. Glad thats not the case.

Now as soon as i have the money i'm gonna buy a #3 jersey. :D

Side Note: we have too damn many cool players on our team. From Baldwin, to Sherman, to Lynch, to Turbin, to ET. I mean christ i want a Max Unger jersey!!!!

Unger??? Lol I hate hearing him talk, sounds like a computer technician.

Latest posts