EAST COAST MEDIA BIAS SUCKS

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
On 12/2 they're keeping Cowboys/Eagles on. Really? That's going to be a garbage game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FOX might have protected Seattle/Chicago .. and I'm sure CBS protected Pittsburgh/Baltimore, not to mention having that same game on NBC twice in three weeks seems like overkill.

Those are really the only two games that stick out that week.

NorCal

Reaction score
Fox got screwed a couple of times last year with the flex scheduling and I remember reading that they brought it up with the NFL in the offseason. I wouldn't be surprised if the protected SEA v CHI. That and the whole "media loves the Cowboys" thing.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Week 16, we have an excellent chance to get flexed to SNF.. as right now that game is San Diego at the Jets (lol), and FOX could slide New Orleans-Dallas to the late game slot to fill the void left by 49ers at Seahawks.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Dec 23 SF @ SEA has a strong possibility of getting Flexed to Prime Time.

SF #1 PPG Allowed, #2 YPG Allowed
SEA #2 PPG Allowed, #3 YPG Allowed

It's a solid intriguing matchup. They can talk up the whole hatred between Hardballz and Carroll all week.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Steve2222":fx7uinbv said:
Dec 23 SF @ SEA has a strong possibility of getting Flexed to Prime Time.

SF #1 PPG Allowed, #2 YPG Allowed
SEA #2 PPG Allowed, #3 YPG Allowed

It's a solid intriguing matchup. They can talk up the whole hatred between Hardballz and Carroll all week.

Hardballz lol that's a good nickname for Harbaugh. Not offensive, but funny and makes sense.

Can't wait for that game! :)

And you guys are forgetting, that game could be for the division.........

piston bully

Reaction score
Figures,Raffled off my tickets to that game for my Daughters fastpitch Team fundraiser.I guess there really isnt anything a Dad wouldnt do for his kids. :180670:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sea v San Fran seems like a good prime time matchup. I would think that the NFL would want to showcase the atmosphere of the Clink more in primetime, and there will be no more exciting matchup than the 49ers game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1camx1uz said:
Sea v San Fran seems like a good prime time matchup. I would think that the NFL would want to showcase the atmosphere of the Clink more in primetime, and there will be no more exciting matchup than the 49ers game.

Could be for the NFC West crown too.

JonRud

Reaction score
I don't think SF @ Sea will go to SNF...because the Week before [Wk 15] is 49ers at Patriots on SNF. That game will definitely not be flexed out...and I do not think they would put on SF two weeks in a row on SNF.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
They are going to have to do something....The Chargers and the Jets is going to be a real stinker. :th2thumbs:

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":10102lew said:
Week 16, we have an excellent chance to get flexed to SNF.. as right now that game is San Diego at the Jets (lol), and FOX could slide New Orleans-Dallas to the late game slot to fill the void left by 49ers at Seahawks.

Or they could "give the country what they want"... which is more Cowboys! Everybody loves the Cowboys!

Hopefully you are right, because on paper and logically it should be that way. Then again, nothing would surprise me with the NFL and it's handling of all things even semi-Seattle related.

JonRud":10102lew said:
I don't think SF @ Sea will go to SNF...because the Week before [Wk 15] is 49ers at Patriots on SNF. That game will definitely not be flexed out...and I do not think they would put on SF two weeks in a row on SNF.

Bears just played on SNF and then MNF the following week, let's hope that the NFL follows the same precedent here and flexes us in for Week 16!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think this is a media bias thing, more of a FOX and CBS want to protect their mid day national game of the week thing.

Does anyone know if NBC has to compensate the other channels for "flexing" a game from them?

Smoke

Reaction score
JonRud":3f59yesj said:

The Cowboys are on SNF everyweek.....I See no reason why there wouldnt be 2 sf games in a row

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3u1jo78y said:
Yeah I don't think this is a media bias thing, more of a FOX and CBS want to protect their mid day national game of the week thing.

Does anyone know if NBC has to compensate the other channels for "flexing" a game from them?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no there is no compensation. The NFL has given both FOX and CBS a certain number of games that they can block from being flexed each season. This way they can keep the best matches on their networks, but NBC can still find a game that has playoff implications to generate interest in that game.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
BTW, I hate the title of this thread, and am disappointed that the other thread was locked... I had no idea anything of interest was being discussed in this thread, as my eyes just glaze over whenever anyone claims East Coast Media Bias... anyhoo, take a look here

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... ams/1.html

Don specifically calls out Week 16 our game vs 49ers and the Cowboys Saints game. I would expect FOX to protect the Cowboys Saints game as it features two really big media markets plus it's quite likely that game will have playoff implications... I would be floored if FOX protected our game. It seems to me to be a lock for one of those two games to end up on SNF.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
(Disclaimer: It is entirely possible the Cowboys and/or Saints will be totally out of the picture by then, but I bet not...)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JonRud":n0rvbbn4 said:

NBC is after ratings basically.. duplicate teams don't phase them when they're allowed to flex games.

Now, FOX may very well hoard SF/SEA for their own too. That's a doubleheader weekend for them and as it stands now.. we're definitely the national game for them that weekend.

But NBC aired BOTH Dallas/NY Giants games last season.. so them airing consecutive 49ers games isn't out of the question. It just depends on which game FOX protects that week.