This article ranks the best CB's in the NFL so far

hawksfan515

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ornerbacks

Puts Browner at #6, and then doesn't even mention Sherman.

I was mad at first, but then I looked at the comments section.... LOL

Either that's a lot of Seahawk fans, or people know Sherman is a boss! I'm guessing the latter.

EDIT: props to HawkScanner for finding the article, BTW. I just thought this was a good way to see how many fans Sherman has lately.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Gil Brandt is like 111 years old.

I do like his comment about Browner - "he can be beaten if the receiver escapes him". No sh*t, Gil -- really?? I'm pretty sure that's true for any receiver.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This is the kind of respect that we want: People around the nation noticing our players. Screw the media.

CANHawk

Reaction score
gtcotcakya":1kos7al3 said:
smashmouth59":1kos7al3 said:
Read the comments Section. Seriously. Good stuff.
I'm feeling dense, because I'm not seeing any comments...

You're probably like me; NFL.com comments go through your facebook account now and Facebook is blocked at my work. so while I do get NFL.com, I don't get to see the comments.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
CANHawk":3qyc54cr said:
gtcotcakya":3qyc54cr said:
smashmouth59":3qyc54cr said:
Read the comments Section. Seriously. Good stuff.
I'm feeling dense, because I'm not seeing any comments...

You're probably like me; NFL.com comments go through your facebook account now and Facebook is blocked at my work. so while I do get NFL.com, I don't get to see the comments.
Ah yes, that probably explains it...thanks CANHawk. :)

ivotuk

Reaction score
LOL! I cracked up when I clicked on the link and the first thing I saw was "Gil Brandt." Poor guy is probably senile and I doubt he writes his own columns. And any percentage based list can be skewed by just selecting the desired statistical inputs. :)

SNDavidson

Reaction score
chill out guys he stayed up past 8 oclock to type that up on his typewriter.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Sherm not being on that list is pretty sad, doesn't seem like a well researched article either. Because if Gil had researched anything he would have seen that Sherm is one of the best.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He sure puts the "Senior" in "Senior Analyst". Good God, retire old man.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
$%*&#!!!! I can't see any comments! I am logged in on facebook and on the NFL.com website, and I still can't see any comments. As a matter of fact, under the article, it reads "0 comments". WTF am I doing wrong?

P.S. I hate the current version of the NFL.com website.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Burn Percentage? Lol......sounds like Gil just made up his own formula. Why use ACTUAL league recognized stats like interceptions, pass deflections and TD's given up when you can make up your own formula to justify your terrible list.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hey, it's pretty hard to be burnt when the guy you're covering is rarely even targeted. It's like Revis; he doesn't get a lot of picks or passes defended because his guy is rarely ever open.

Time for your nap Gil...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Everything that needs to be said has already been said. This article is Bleacher Report worthy.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
BlueTalon":ocim3ny2 said:
$%*&#!!!! I can't see any comments! I am logged in on facebook and on the NFL.com website, and I still can't see any comments. As a matter of fact, under the article, it reads "0 comments". WTF am I doing wrong?

P.S. I hate the current version of the NFL.com website.

Here is a taste for those at work:

Nick Routos · Seattle, Washington

no love for Richard Sherman...this is a pathetic list without him on it. I'm sorry I love Browner but Sherman is a much better corner, arguably top corner in the NFL with Revis out.

Reply · 37 ·

· November 14 at 11:44am

Leighanissa Lister

Up here in WA, we're not as marketable which equals very little recognition. I'm surprized that Browner got mentioned. We can just let our secondary speak on the field, let the recievers fall where they may, and count our INT's all the way to the "BIG BOWL". GO HAWKS!!!!

Reply · 6 ·

· November 14 at 12:44pm

Greg Sadloski · Top Commenter · Nashville, North Carolina

Sherman got DPOY honors, he will make the probowl and all pro starters. nfl.com writers are just morons.
GO HAWKS!

Reply · 2 ·

· November 14 at 12:52pm

Greg Sadloski · Top Commenter · Nashville, North Carolina

DPOW*

Reply · 1 ·

· November 14 at 12:55pm

View 6 more.

Eric Marston · Top Commenter · Spokane Community College

Sherman targets 54-26 competions, 371 yrds allowed, 4 picks, 1 sack fumble and 1 TD allowed.Pro Football Focus has him ranked 2nd best coverage corner to Tillman and this "GURU" can, t even mention his name? LOL.

Reply · 17 ·

· November 14 at 12:54pm

Olivia howard

Hey guys If any of you want a NFL Jersey for free check out FreeNflJerseys.Net Just got a free Michael Vick jersey! Check it out! haha

Reply ·

· November 14 at 10:52pm

Robert Burns · Works at University of West Georgia

HOW and I mean HOOOOOWWWWW in the hell does Sherman not make this list.... By not putting him on here, it completely negates any knowledge Gil Brandt thinks he has about the game.... Completely ridiculous and without bashing Brandon Browner he is the 2ND BEST CB on our team so how is he on the list without Sherman.... Possibly a faux pas but I'm thinking more of constant reporting negligence.

Reply · 11 ·

· November 14 at 12:42pm

David Marzano · Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas

Where. The Hell. Is Richard Sherman? The guy just took NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors, and he is better in my opinion than Browner. You are high if you don't include him in this list.

Reply · 7 ·

· November 14 at 12:44pm

Patrick Hein · Top Commenter · Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Sherman, Sherman, Sherman.

Reply · 6 ·

· November 14 at 1:10pm

Eric Marston · Top Commenter · Spokane Community College

Nick..totally agree, no richard sherman? This guy is a moron!

Reply · 5 ·

· November 14 at 12:35pm

Roshan Bhatt · Top Commenter · Editor/Co-Founder at Weworemasks.com

KAREEM THE DREAM JACKSON.

THE MAN HAS COME UP!

Reply · 4 ·

· November 14 at 12:24pm

Ben Payne · Main Slave at Struggles of life

hell yea. i thought he should have been on here.

Reply ·

· November 14 at 12:33pm

Danny Saxon · Top Commenter · Kirkland, Washington

Richard Sherman is the best CB in the NFL, PERIOD!

Reply · 4 ·

· November 14 at 12:32pm

Leighanissa Lister

Marketability equals Recognition. Our secondary speaks for itself. Before it's all over, they'll all know the truth about "The Legion of BOOM". GO HAWKS!!!!!

Reply · 5 ·

· November 14 at 12:47pm

Coop Cooper · Top Commenter · Waubonsee Community College

Except that Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings are both way better and have the stats, film and results to back it up.

Reply · 2 ·

· November 14 at 1:12pm

Shaun Kenney · Top Commenter

Charles Tillman and Sherman are on the same level, the top tier in the nfl. Tim Jennings is below them. You cannot judge cornerback play just on on interceptions...

Reply ·

· November 14 at 3:48pm

View 4 more.

Kunal Shah · Top Commenter · New Jersey Medical School

As a Giant fan, I'd throw my hat into the ring for Prince Amukamara. Dude has quietly been a great player in a secondary full of underachieving ones.

That being said, Richard Sherman deserves to be near the (if not at the) top of this list, and he's missing. I'm not sure why.

Reply · 4 ·

· November 14 at 1:00pm

Chris Young

Wheretf is Richard Sherman? Shut down Fitz, Jordy Nelson, Megatron, Dez, Crabtree, Steve Smith, Percy Harvin. This list is trash.

Reply · 3 ·

· November 15 at 12:30pm

Nicole Gamache Lake

Wow! No optimus prime? Is this guy high? Richard Sherman is the best utdown corner in the league rite now. I like Browner too, but Sherman is really outplaying him, and its not even close. Maybe this guy should throw on some tape of Seattle games.

Reply · 3 ·

· November 14 at 5:03pm

Cory Lake

Great comment Nicole

Reply ·

· November 14 at 5:13pm

Danny Pardini

Funny you say this because I read an article today that said that Sherman was second best up against Tillman. The article I read had some percentages in it too but I don't recall them being called burn percentages. Either way...the hawks have two of the best!! And the safety's are pretty good too!

Reply ·

· November 14 at 6:45pm

Danny Pardini

It was 2nd best in coverage grade to Tillman. I'll take it

Reply ·

· November 14 at 6:54pm

John Rodriguez · Top Commenter · CSUSM

I'm surprised that Antoine Winfield failed to make the list, but then again I have an appreciation for corners who not only tackle, but also support the run and sack the QB on occasion. I think Tillman and Jennings and Browner and Sherman have to be ranked 1 and 1A for the best CB tandems in the league.

Reply · 2 ·

· November 14 at 12:57pm

kearly

Reaction score
Gil Brandt is one of the most respected NFL writers out there- certainly near the top of the list at least in terms of his resume. Considering that, it's pretty funny reading 40+ comments all ripping him like he's just some noob. Of course, he deserved it. How can anyone not know about Richard Sherman by now?