worst seahawks of all time

kinesmajor

Reaction score
With all the talk of the great players we have on our current roster, why not switch it up to the all time bad seahawks

Some of my least favorite
Dan McGwire bust
Aaron Curry over religious bust
Rick Mirer that tie breaker cost us drew bledsoe bust
Brian Bozworth loved him but steriod bust
Jeremy Stevens biggest a hole ever

Just a start

arghawkfan

Reaction score
A little harsh to bring up religion for Aaron Curry...he had enough shortcomings on the field aside from religion to complain about

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I agree, judging someone by their beliefs is quite ignorant. Even if he laid eggs all day while on the team.

ensett

Reaction score
etric pruitt is worse than anybody on that list on their worst day
evan moore
julius jones

Atradees

Reaction score
Rick Mirer: this is a guy that made a career of holding clipboards.

Pork Chop Womack: Oft injured player overated by coach.

Aaron Curry: Everybody claimed what a great athlete he was. Aby Normal Brain. This was the player to replace Julian Petersen.

Dijon Branch: Apparently couldn't play football without Brady.

Evan Moore: Nowhere near the football he is still looking for a flag.

Kelly "I need a Ridey Daddy" Jennings: We need a new stat for how far a cornerback is dragged per catch. YDAC.

Josh Portis. Wait. Really? This guy was so together community colleges rejected his application.

chris98251

Reaction score
Andre Hines 2nd round pick 1980 cut before training camp was done if I remember correctly.

Owen Gill 2nd round pick 1985 was our first pick that year.

Dan McGwire 1st round pick 1991

These are all my worst since the high investment and zero return especially from Hines and Gill, McGwire should have never been drafted either let alone a 1st round selection.

chris98251

Reaction score
Every player that was listed above contributed to this team more then the three I listed, Josh Portis is one that just becasue he's not starting does not mean he is not contributing and we got him for nothing really, high value in my opinion.

Now if you want to list bad people, we can start with Fenner, Kramer, hmmm I know we have had another murderer or two on the team.

seabowl

Reaction score
Based on their high draft status:

Lamar King
Anton Palepoi
Doug Thomas
And whoever we picked to switch places in the draft costing us both Tony Dorsett and Joe Montana.

Atradees

Reaction score
chris98251":20oxgl2t said:
Andre Hines 2nd round pick 1980 cut before training camp was done if I remember correctly.

These are all my worst since the high investment and zero return especially from Hines and Gill, McGwire should have never been drafted either let alone a 1st round selection.

I thought there was a secret pact to never talk about Dan McGwire! There was a rumor that the 6'6" robot stiff
brother of The Steroid King was selected because of his height.

OP
OP
kinesmajor

kinesmajor

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1fuknopi said:
I agree, judging someone by their beliefs is quite ignorant. Even if he laid eggs all day while on the team.

I'm christian, it wasn't judging someone on his beliefs. It was his poor play constant social media use of religion

But it's always easier to just call somebody ignorant if you don't like their opinion

OP
OP
kinesmajor

kinesmajor

Reaction score
arghawkfan":2gw4gj39 said:
A little harsh to bring up religion for Aaron Curry...he had enough shortcomings on the field aside from religion to complain about

it was his shoving his religion down everyones throat

and I am a christian too

chris98251

Reaction score
Atradees":3qxqzx5h said:
chris98251":3qxqzx5h said:

I thought there was a secret pact to never talk about Dan McGwire! There was a rumor that the 6'6" robot stiff
brother of The Steroid King was selected because of his height.

Have to blame the OP, he started it and with worst you can't ignore him as much as we would like to erase that part of our history. Especially since Knox wanted Farve that year.

Atradees

Reaction score
chris98251":8v3whm6d said:
Every player that was listed above contributed to this team more then the three I listed, Josh Portis is one that just becasue he's not starting does not mean he is not contributing and we got him for nothing really, high value in my opinion.

Now if you want to list bad people, we can start with Fenner, Kramer, hmmm I know we have had another murderer or two on the team.

Derrick Fenner was a real decent runnin back. Meh....Portis stinks.

Rainger

Reaction score
kinesmajor":rzux63ai said:
With all the talk of the great players we have on our current roster, why not switch it up to the all time bad seahawks

Some of my least favorite
Dan McGwire bust
Aaron Curry over religious bust
Rick Mirer that tie breaker cost us drew bledsoe bust
Brian Bozworth loved him but steriod bust
Jeremy Stevens biggest a hole ever

Just a start
MY god I hate the regurgitation of media talking points by so many about the Boz as a BUST. The Boz was not a bust. We got him in a supplemental drart. He played very well for us until injuries stopped him.

There are soooo many players who suffer season ending injuries. That does not make them a bust. actually the Boz was small for his position and his sholders gave out on him. But you are either very young or never watched his games. Go back and watch. The Boz was a good player however short his time was in the NFL.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I will never understand the McGwire pick. I remember thinking they were crazy for that. Knox pick?? No way. Not a first rounder.

Knox let him play one drive and in that drive the Hawks ran the ball on every play until they scored and then Knox pulled him. He was terrible.

Gelbaugh was a pick machine, Kemp right with him but Salisbury goes to the top of worst Hawks on the roster.

I will never forgive Flores for letting Krieg go for the 92 season so that Kelly Stouffer could play one series and get his face busted up. It was all downhill from there.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Brian Habib.

Keary Colbert.

Everyone else you guys listed.

Sadlly this could be a very long list.

Latest posts