Miami Herald's Prediction of the Game

Keyhawk

Reaction score
From Miami Herald Sports Writer Greg Cote:

SEAHAWKS (6-4) at DOLPHINS (4-6)
Line: SEA by 3.
Cote’s pick: SEA 23-17.

Hope y’all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that this pick doesn’t exacerbate your indigestion. There are teams that are distinctly better at home than traveling, even beyond the norm, and Seattle (1-4 on the road) is one of them. Likewise the ’Hawks rookie QB, Russell Wilson, commensurately has been much better in the Space Needle’s comforting shadow. These are reasons to look hard at Miami as a home ’dog. Alas, there are not many others. Marshawn Lynch (four consecutive 100s) is one of the best runners Miami will face all season, and Seattle’s defense is that, too. I cannot think of many tougher opponents in terms of Ryan Tannehill trying to shake a personal funk and get his bandwagon rockin’ again. Tannehill (needing 91 yards) surely will break Dan Marino’s 1983 rookie record of 2,210 yards, but the phrase “pyrrhic victory” comes to mind. Seattle is coming off a bye and vitally in a playoff hunt in a way Miami is not. Also, ’Hawks are a sturdy 7-3 against the point spread. Sorry, Dolfans. Don’t take it personally. It’s just business.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/23/3 ... picks.html

OP
OP
K

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Can't wait. I'll be at the game cheering for the Hawks here in my hometown of Miami. TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Miami Herald has always been kind to the Seahawks. Through the years, I recall them favoring the Seahawks a lot more than you would expect a sports journalism entity completely opposite of the Northwest in geography to favor us.

Not disagreeing with the pick, just find it one of those odd little facts you notice through the years.