Seahawks All Access

osprey6

Reaction score
It's so wonderful to be able to see these on DirecTV from 2500 miles away, and to have other things available on the internet. I still think back to 30 years ago, when I would be pathetically grateful for any morsel about the team, no matter how out of date it was. Thanks, Seahawk Report, even though I got your magazine a week past the issue date. Ah, those were the days...

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
osprey6":lz3liuat said:
It's so wonderful to be able to see these on DirecTV from 2500 miles away,
osprey6":lz3liuat said:
I still think back to 30 years ago, when I would be pathetically grateful for any morsel about the team, no matter how out of date it was.

Man, that had to suck soo much.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember the days when .com was a blank black page with a little rectangular graphic in the top left corner with no team news or much of anything.

Hence .NET was born.

rideaducati

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":283bsf1g said:
osprey6":283bsf1g said:
It's so wonderful to be able to see these on DirecTV from 2500 miles away,
osprey6":283bsf1g said:
I still think back to 30 years ago, when I would be pathetically grateful for any morsel about the team, no matter how out of date it was.

Man, that had to suck soo much.

Do you remember the fantasy football leagues that you had to put in an envelope and mail in? They only gave you the big name players at each position and you would then have to pick players and keep them for the whole year...even if they got hurt. Great times...

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I remember when MTV didn't exist.
I watched the Apollo launches on a B&W TV with round corners.

I was in the Navy before satellite internet -- I remember looking forward with eager anticipation to getting the NFL game results via telex, printed on a dot matrix printer. There would be the final score, and maybe a sentence or two about the game. I had a daily subscription to the Everett Herald which they mailed to me -- since we got a mail call about every two or three weeks, I'd get the papers 20 at a time, and of course 3 or 4 weeks out of date. But to this Seahawk-news-starved sailor, it was like a bag of oxygen in a smoke filled room.

JonRud

Reaction score
I remember subscribing to 'Inside the Seahawks' magazine/newspaper...which i would get in NJ like 2 weeks after each game. I'm pretty sure I wrote a few articles for them back in the 80's. Those were the days!

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
JonRud":3gnhysnu said:
I remember subscribing to 'Inside the Seahawks' magazine/newspaper...which i would get in NJ like 2 weeks after each game. I'm pretty sure I wrote a few articles for them back in the 80's. Those were the days!

I remember that rag, I was in Homer, AK at the time, got a free hat for subscribing and it took a month to get my 1st issue because they got Homer confused with Palmer AK :shock: