Outside linebacker

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Outside linebacker
Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:28 pm
  • With all the talk recently about our lb's coverage issues, I realized that Leroy hill has 0 career interceptions. Over and above that, we have not had an olb with an interception in over 2 seasons. The last one I can remember is when Curry intercepted cutler in a bears playoff game, but other than that, i think you have to go back to the days of Julian Peterson to have a seahawks olb with a pick, iirc, all of Hawthorne's int's were when he was a MLB. Just a thought
    arghawkfan
    NET Rookie

Re: Outside linebacker
Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:33 pm
  • I think Curry almost had a pick last year against the Giants. It went right through his hands. Then, we sent him to Oakland.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:34 pm
  • The balls' been hitting them in the hands....they just cannot hold on!!!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:43 pm
  • KJ missed an easy pick-six this season against the Cowgirls.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm
  • Not taking advantage of opportunities...up until Wagner's pick, no other position than db had a pick all yr
    arghawkfan
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:15 am
  • just a weird season TO wise, nobody's making plays seems like accept sherman.. how many pics has ET dropped this year.. how many times has the ball been batted up in the air at the line of scrimmage only to fall harmlessly to the ground.. just not getting the bounces and crucial pics this year.... miami game prime example.. LB makes the play and it's reversed on a penalty... just a weird year..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 am
  • hawker84 wrote:just a weird season TO wise, nobody's making plays seems like accept sherman.. how many pics has ET dropped this year.. how many times has the ball been batted up in the air at the line of scrimmage only to fall harmlessly to the ground.. just not getting the bounces and crucial pics this year.... miami game prime example.. LB makes the play and it's reversed on a penalty... just a weird year..

I agree. Last year's 2nd half success was due in large part to the defense thriving on turnovers. We haven't had much luck this year with that. The only one I can remember with multiple turnovers was the Dallas game (fumble, punt block, INT).
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 am
  • Definitely weird, and not in our favor. I almost put money down before the season that we would end up with 20-25 interceptions and 3-4 defensive TD's.

We only have 10 picks on the season, no defensive TDs. Kam had 4 picks last season and hasn't even been close to one this season. They are using Earl and Kam differently this season, for sure.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 am
  • Wright doesn't have the in line speed to cover TE's, and Hill has lost a step.

I'd really like to see us get a dynamic OLB in the draft this year. Malcolm Smith doesn't excite me, and I still think Hill would provide solid depth and a starter if the rookie isn't ready to go.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information