Red and His foot

Happypuppy

Reaction score
PC said in his Wednesday presser that Red has plantar facia in his foot. That is really painful anyone that has had it can relate. Maybe out against CHI, if so its Branch to start

jlwaters1

Reaction score
So who would start for Branch @ 3-tech if he kicks over to Red's spot? Jones, Scruggs?

Slick

Reaction score
Happypuppy":35cbvwzo said:
PC said in his Wednesday pressed that Red has plantar facia in his foot. That is really painful anyone that has had it can relate. Maybe out against CHI, if so its Branch to start

Not only painful but lingering. This derailed Antonio Gates for a couple years. Hopefully Red can shake it.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
I suspected this a several weeks ago when I saw Red limp off with what didnt appear to be an ankle issue. That injury derailed the likes of Chad Brown. Big Red's feet carry a lot of weight. He needs to sit down. Thing is, that generally doesn't heal for months.

ensett

Reaction score
I dont like like starting Branch there. That isnt his position, he could be terrible there for all we know

GM4aday

Reaction score
Man that would suck...I just got my #79 jersey that I am wearing to the game.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
ensett":3hwpz5cs said:
I dont like like starting Branch there. That isnt his position, he could be terrible there for all we know

I thought we'd played him in that spot before. Could be wrong.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I've been assuming that Red's foot issue has been hampering his play... and our run D... for the past 4-6 games.

Looks like I may have been right in that assumption.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
As a physical therapist, knowing how long this usually takes to resolve, and considering Red's size, I would predict he'll deal with this for at least the remainder of the season.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This explains his lack of "presence" on gameday over the past month. I was just wondering about him today and this would explain a lot.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
kidhawk":3oaqq392 said:
jlwaters1":3oaqq392 said:
So who would start for Branch @ 3-tech if he kicks over to Red's spot? Jones, Scruggs?

Scruggs

That's pretty cool. I would have though Jones or McDonald. Though Jones is more of a rotational pass rusher not an everydown player. Scruggs has been a steal of a 7th round pick.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
ensett":193w16am said:

He was primarily a DE in Arizona before we signed him. He's used to playing there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Dammit ! Jacksonville just claimed Babin off the waiver wire, or we could've signed him.

Branch played a 3-4 DE, which is similar in gap coverage to where he's at now. Big Red is actually playing a 5 tech, which is outside more. I don't think Branch has the athleticism to play that spot. I'm guessing we go with Scruggs in place of big Red, and keep McDonald rotating in pass situations. We might actually see more Irvin on Sunday as well.