Hey all you optimists

chris98251

Reaction score
Were all fans here and that is all well and good.

But as a precursor to the inevitable we should beat down Chicago statements and we have this in the bag, or they have not played us with these guys and Russell Wilson at the helm and we will kill them or we have way better talent then they do and will crush them. Or they are decimated by injuries and no way have a chance in hell.

But please put that in a deep fricken hole, throw some dirt on it, kill a goat and pour the blood over the hole, light a insence and say the name of every player to ever where a Seahawks uniform, then rub the tainted dirt all over your body and find a football feild to run naked in from goal post to goal post.

If you then still feel the need to make such a post it will be punished by the Radish singing Toucha Toucha Toucha Touch me to you.

Edited for the petty and self-righteous people that feel the need to disparage people for typos.

jkitsune

Reaction score
There is no way that the Bears win. This will be the most frivolously easy win in Seahawks history, ushering in an era of prosperity and Super Bowl rings for decades to come. Never again will there be a simpler task than beating the Bears in Chicago, and we shall all look back on this upcoming game with tears in our eyes for remembrance of how beautifully perfect it was.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I'm an Optimist, in that I think the best will likely happen.

I'm definitely not an Optomist, who is someone that squirts you in the eye with a spray bottle.

Oh, and I think we have this one in the bag because of injury concerns, the fact that Wilson continues to improve, and that have recently played very well at Soldier Field in the regular season.

Final Score: Seahawks Eleventeen
Bears Two (Wilson accidentally kneels down in the endzone on a victory formation play as time expires).

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
This team has proven time and time again that they can't win at 10 AM. I just don't see it happening. By the power of Tanzania I hope it does though.

Riley12

Reaction score
chris98251":39eha26u said:
kill a goat and pour the blood over the hole, light a insence and say the name of every player to ever where a Seahawks uniform, then rub the tainted dirt all over your body and find a football field to run naked in from goal post to goal post.

If you then still feel the need to make such a post it will be punished by the Radish singing Toucha Toucha Toucha Touch me to you.

What freaks me out is

1) How do you know my pregame ritual?

and

2) How do you know my favorite song?

hawkfan333

Reaction score
yeah your right this board is so much better with all the pessimists the seahawks suck they shouldnt ever win another game again they might as well just forfeit the rest of the season and next year to while we are at it. give me a break people should be able to be optimistic if they want to

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1gtw2c30 said:
This team has proven time and time again that they can't win at 10 AM. I just don't see it happening. By the power of Tanzania I hope it does though.

Haven't we won in Chicago at 10:00 in each of the last 2 years? Not saying its in the bag , but I happen to think that this years team is better then either of those teams.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":3ngelt7l said:
Zebulon Dak":3ngelt7l said:

Haven't we won in Chicago at 10:00 in each of the last 2 years?

And New York.

Granted, it's not often. But given the quality of those teams, it's worth a notice.

Hawks46

Reaction score
A few things:

It's "wear" a uniform, not "where". Just sayin'

Chi is Central time, not Eastern time. So I'm saying there's a chance !

And, YEAH, screw positive thought ! I'm with ya man.

Disclaimer: most, if not all of this post was sarcastic in nature. I am in no way denigrating those politically correct, unending optimists that think the Seahawks are world killers and there is nothing wrong with our team on the road. I am not telling anyone how to be a fan. I am not judging the "we're going to crush them !" and "I fear no team on the road !" crowd in any way, shape or form. I do laugh at you quite often though. The meltdowns are a constant source of amusement.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hawkfan509":4fv5jx76 said:
Zebulon Dak":4fv5jx76 said:

Haven't we won in Chicago at 10:00 in each of the last 2 years? Not saying its in the bag , but I happen to think that this years team is better then either of those teams.

Hey man, curb the optimism a bit, huh?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Have you ever heard Radish sing? Have him tell you the story of when he was in France performing in the cabaret.

themunn

Reaction score
What's the point in being a sports fan if you go into a game worried you might not win.

I go into EVERY game thinking we're going to crush the opposition, that's what fandom is all about.
Put the 2009 Seahawks up against the 2007 Patriots and I'd STILL go into the game saying we were going to win.

Where's the fun in expecting a loss? It's not like my overconfidence will ever affect the way the team plays

Chapman

Reaction score
I don't believe the original poster was telling everyone to expect a loss.
I believe he and Radish for the whole season has been asking people to keep perspective and realize that the NFL is made up of 32 proffesional teams, and even the lowest rated team can win and will win on any given Sunday.
I believe we all cheer for this team the best we can, I myself am very proud of the progress we have made since the end of the Holmgren era.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
i'm tired, filthy, and feeling a bit of guilt about that goat., but I can't shake the feeling this one is in the bag.
Hope springs eternal :)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So to be clear: there are still people on this board who feel the need to spray threads discouraging the "other side" of fans to not even bother expressing themselves...

And that somehow the idea that people who become emotionally invested in grown men playing sports for millions of dollars should also have "perspective"?

Jesus christ on a bike.... the Seahawks represent the ultimate release from real life and yet their are still way too many peopkle who try and rationalize it. Let it happen... all of it

And we will win Sunday. I believe it because its the only thing that makes sense

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Our CBs are gonna play with hate in their hearts and our D will use the dark side of the force to cause 8 turnovers. Jay Cutler will leave announcers and fans speechless when he calls timeout to poop his pants out of fear and frustration.

chawx

Reaction score
rastahawk":qr2r820b said:
Beat Chicago heck I already booked my ticket to New Orleans.

I gotta a tattoo on my entire back after his first preseason pass...no, I mean, on the day he was born, of Russell Wilson holding up the Lombardy trophy with XLVII underneath.

:thirishdrinkers:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
chawx":3ccpjjau said:
rastahawk":3ccpjjau said:
Beat Chicago heck I already booked my ticket to New Orleans.

I gotta a tattoo on my entire back after his first preseason pass...no, I mean, on the day he was born, of Russell Wilson holding up the Lombardy trophy with XLVII underneath.

:thirishdrinkers:

That's the spirit!!