Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: A suggestion: stagger the suspensions to Browner and Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:25 am 
NET Veteran

Tech Worlds wrote:
Fight it tooth and nail now. Push it to the offseason if you can. We are making a playoff push THIS SEASON!

Stop playing for the future. There is no guarantee we will be in the hunt at all next year. We are NOW! Win games now and get in the playoffs this year!

Great post especially "We are NOW". :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:37 pm 
NET Veteran

Tech Worlds wrote:
Fight it tooth and nail now. Push it to the offseason if you can. We are making a playoff push THIS SEASON!

Stop playing for the future. There is no guarantee we will be in the hunt at all next year. We are NOW! Win games now and get in the playoffs this year!

Agree 100%. Would anyone trade Beastquake for the Rams' draft position that year?

Lay all the cards on the table!

- PGunning101

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:44 pm 
NET Veteran

morgulon1 wrote:
This goes against everything our legal system stands for. If I were Sherman and Browner I'd take this to the supreme court.
Thank you btw.

You guys are missing the point - sorry

If the tests are positive they were caught - redhanded. NFL presents evidence to their guilt - here is a positive test. Now the players can present how they bought a legal supplement that didn't have content x listed on there and that is how they got it (I suggest not creating a fake website and those that read a little bit of sports should get this refernce).

The point is that they aren't assumed guilty based on nothing. Any player convicted is deemed guilty based on a positive test - kind of exactly what our legal system is based upon

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:56 pm 
NET Veteran

It's still super unfair to drag this all out publicly (and an unnecessary stress on all of us), but then celebrities feel it's unfair to have the paparazzi hound them throughout every miniscule aspect of their lives. Cry me a river....it goes with the territory, and you're pretty nicely compensated for the inconvenience. I'LL take that horrible bargain there.

- PGunning101

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:24 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

For the record I would rather see the suspensions happen in the future than now for a lot of reasons. I also think that if Thurmond is as good as he was just before his 2011 injury, that you could probably stagger these suspensions and if Thurmond resumes his previous level of play, then neither 2012 or 2013 is hurt very much.

I'm also not terribly worried about any of these players testing positive again. It sounds like at least in Sherman's case, he made an innocent but preventable mistake.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:30 am 
NET Veteran

I have a nagging thought about Browner.

Since he's already being monitored more frequently because of a substance abuse issue while he was with Denver, doesn't that open the possibility that he gets a tougher punishment than Sherman? His situation seems analogous to 'violating parole.' :34853_doh:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:33 am 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:
It sounds like at least in Sherman's case, he made an innocent but preventable mistake.

How do you come to that conclusion when he consistently denies ever injesting the drug via his text messages?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:31 am 
NET Veteran

Is this even official yet?

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]