A suggestion: stagger the suspensions to Browner and Sherman

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Fight it tooth and nail now. Push it to the offseason if you can. We are making a playoff push THIS SEASON!

Stop playing for the future. There is no guarantee we will be in the hunt at all next year. We are NOW! Win games now and get in the playoffs this year!

Great post especially "We are NOW". :th2thumbs:
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:Fight it tooth and nail now. Push it to the offseason if you can. We are making a playoff push THIS SEASON!

Stop playing for the future. There is no guarantee we will be in the hunt at all next year. We are NOW! Win games now and get in the playoffs this year!

Agree 100%. Would anyone trade Beastquake for the Rams' draft position that year?

Lay all the cards on the table!
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• morgulon1 wrote:This goes against everything our legal system stands for. If I were Sherman and Browner I'd take this to the supreme court.
    Thank you btw.

You guys are missing the point - sorry

If the tests are positive they were caught - redhanded. NFL presents evidence to their guilt - here is a positive test. Now the players can present how they bought a legal supplement that didn't have content x listed on there and that is how they got it (I suggest not creating a fake website and those that read a little bit of sports should get this refernce).

The point is that they aren't assumed guilty based on nothing. Any player convicted is deemed guilty based on a positive test - kind of exactly what our legal system is based upon
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• It's still super unfair to drag this all out publicly (and an unnecessary stress on all of us), but then celebrities feel it's unfair to have the paparazzi hound them throughout every miniscule aspect of their lives. Cry me a river....it goes with the territory, and you're pretty nicely compensated for the inconvenience. I'LL take that horrible bargain there.
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• For the record I would rather see the suspensions happen in the future than now for a lot of reasons. I also think that if Thurmond is as good as he was just before his 2011 injury, that you could probably stagger these suspensions and if Thurmond resumes his previous level of play, then neither 2012 or 2013 is hurt very much.

I'm also not terribly worried about any of these players testing positive again. It sounds like at least in Sherman's case, he made an innocent but preventable mistake.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I have a nagging thought about Browner.

Since he's already being monitored more frequently because of a substance abuse issue while he was with Denver, doesn't that open the possibility that he gets a tougher punishment than Sherman? His situation seems analogous to 'violating parole.' :34853_doh:
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:It sounds like at least in Sherman's case, he made an innocent but preventable mistake.

How do you come to that conclusion when he consistently denies ever injesting the drug via his text messages?
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Is this even official yet?
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information