The Seahawks will win in Chicago and Buffalo

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That's it then, sabres or hand to hand mortal combat to decided who is right.

One side holds the heart the other statistical probability or at least consistency from the demonstrated past record.

At this stage either is a valid opinion.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
LOL.

I knew someone would find a way to prove me wrong.
(someone other than the Seahawks, I mean)

Honestly think we're going to win in Toronto and Chicago. Just got a feeling. Mostly based on watching Wilson's press conference. He's going to will this team to those wins, and everyone will be pretty jacked about our future. Book it. It's gonna happen.

kearly

Reaction score
You know what's kind of sad? Either the HansGruber's prophecy comes true, or the Seahawks finish with a worse road record than they had last year. Yowza.

On topic, I have a pretty bad feeling about this Chicago game. If we win it it will be the biggest win of the year IMO. Bigger than New England or Green Bay. If there was ever a game to end the Seahawks' streak of not losing by multiple scores, this is it.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised how little credit Seattle is getting from its own fans.

What weapons does Chicago have on offense to outscore Russell Wilson? Forte is out. They don't have any burners at WR. And their offensive line is just terrible, and now they're even worse - they've got some injuries and they've shifted Carimi to RG where he's never played. That's going to negate the Red Bryant injury, if he's out. Bruce Irvin is going to feast on Sunday, and same with Clemons. Add to that how angry this defense is coming into the game, how much trash has been talked about them, I think they're going to be playing all-out psycho. I expect to see a couple turnovers. I think that Miami loss put a fire under their butts, and listening to Carroll lately, I have no doubt in my mind about that. They know they HAVE to win this game to make the playoffs. Win and you're in, lose and you might still go, but the odds get way way lower.

Also, we're going to put up some points on Chicago. Wilson is fired up, I watched his press conference and that kid had me so jacked up I wanted to run through a wall. SF exposed some serious chinks in Chicago's armor, and we can expect to see Bevell take advantage of that film.

And Miami didn't beat us because our offense sucked. They beat us with a great young offense that was firing on all cylinders. IMHO, Seahawk fans are being too homerish to see what really happened there. Tannehill is a really good QB. In my mind, he's really the most underrated rookie QB in the NFL. Those passes on his last drive were just laser-accurate perfect throws, and they were his 3rd-4th reads. Kid's got a lot of skill. He's gonna be better in the long-term than RGIII and I'd be willing to bet a lot of money on that. Been watching both of them this year, and Tannehill has just been lights-out. Especially considering the lack of supporting talent. Almost wish we had picked #8 and drafted him, and now I see why Schneider and Carroll were so high on him going into the draft (rumor was they were going to pick him in Round 1 if he was available).

endzorn

Reaction score
HansGruber":2eyiaeac said:
I'm actually surprised how little credit Seattle is getting from its own fans.

What weapons does Chicago have on offense to outscore Russell Wilson? Forte is out. They don't have any burners at WR. And their offensive line is just terrible, and now they're even worse - they've got some injuries and they've shifted Carimi to RG where he's never played. That's going to negate the Red Bryant injury, if he's out. Bruce Irvin is going to feast on Sunday, and same with Clemons. Add to that how angry this defense is coming into the game, how much trash has been talked about them, I think they're going to be playing all-out psycho. I expect to see a couple turnovers. I think that Miami loss put a fire under their butts, and listening to Carroll lately, I have no doubt in my mind about that. They know they HAVE to win this game to make the playoffs. Win and you're in, lose and you might still go, but the odds get way way lower.

Also, we're going to put up some points on Chicago. Wilson is fired up, I watched his press conference and that kid had me so jacked up I wanted to run through a wall. SF exposed some serious chinks in Chicago's armor, and we can expect to see Bevell take advantage of that film.

And Miami didn't beat us because our offense sucked. They beat us with a great young offense that was firing on all cylinders. IMHO, Seahawk fans are being too homerish to see what really happened there. Tannehill is a really good QB. In my mind, he's really the most underrated rookie QB in the NFL. Those passes on his last drive were just laser-accurate perfect throws, and they were his 3rd-4th reads. Kid's got a lot of skill. He's gonna be better in the long-term than RGIII and I'd be willing to bet a lot of money on that. Been watching both of them this year, and Tannehill has just been lights-out. Especially considering the lack of supporting talent. Almost wish we had picked #8 and drafted him, and now I see why Schneider and Carroll were so high on him going into the draft (rumor was they were going to pick him in Round 1 if he was available).

There is no way you thought this through. The Dolphins offense was and is inept and we...WE...are responsible for allowing them to look good. We have lost on the road to Arizona, St. Louis, Detroit and Miami and even with injuries the Bears are miles ahead of any of those teams.

I want us to win...desperately, but I'm not going to smear lipstick on this road pig we've become.

JonRud

Reaction score
I think the Hawks will lose in Chi & beat the Bills in Toronto.

We will beat Arizona & St. Louis at home. That's 9 wins.

Our playoff chances may come down to whether we can beat SF at home. That is very hard as they are a great team and extremely physical. We are going to have to break through and beat them if we want to make the playoffs.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":1i29m0kr said:
LOL.

I knew someone would find a way to prove me wrong.
(someone other than the Seahawks, I mean)

Honestly think we're going to win in Toronto and Chicago. Just got a feeling. Mostly based on watching Wilson's press conference. He's going to will this team to those wins, and everyone will be pretty jacked about our future. Book it. It's gonna happen.

While I must note that "book it" is internet-speak for "this will never, ever happen," I actually agree.

I think Chicago isn't nearly as strong as their record suggests. They've beaten a lot of weak teams, and most teams they've faced with a winning record have beaten them. The only two exceptions are Indy in Week 1 in Andrew Luck's very first game and Minnesota last week. And their team is completely dependent on their defense forcing turnovers. Only once all season has Chicago lost the turnover battle and still won, a 1-point victory at home against the Panthers. If you can protect the ball against the Bears, you can beat them, definitely. And that's something our offense has done pretty well thus far this season.

As for the Bills, Toronto is no real home field advantage for them, and I think our team is more talented top to bottom than theirs. As long as the players give 100% and the coaches don't be stupid, we should win that game.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HansGruber":2igyx6kk said:
What weapons does Chicago have on offense to outscore Russell Wilson? Forte is out.
Forte has said he is playing.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
I think we have a shot, a shot, at beating Chicago Sunday. We have to play great and hope that the game matches the on-paper matchup. On paper, especially with their injuries, we have a very good chance to win. Now since it is on the road I hesitate a little because of our road woes this season, but I don't like falling into that trap of guarenteeing a terrible road performance. Not after we beat the Giants last year, aand the other good road wins Pete has had here. Forte is listed as questionable/doubtful and is trying as hard as he can to play this game, that is a big X factor.

The Toronto game against the Bills should be a win and if it isn't... *sigh*

hawker84

Reaction score
this is a tough one... chicago's a good defensive team, cutler is a good game manager, not a great QB... so if we go by the ways it's been going this year.. we beat the teams we should lose to , we lose to the teams we should beat... how do you call this one.. Chicago's a good team, at full strength their a team that would be tough to beat on the road.. but they're decimated with injuries and their O line is horrible, so are they a team we should beat now, or a team we should still lose to on the road still? don't know how to call this one...

i'll just stick to my guns, if the hawks play anywhere near their capabilities on both sides of the ball, coaches call a good game and make necessary adjustments, we should squeek out a victory.. but i'm not holding my breath...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Are you getting the reaction you expected?

Also, I'm banking on a 5 game win streak to close out the season because...why not?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Seattle cannot win on the road vs decent teams. Chicago and Buffalo are decent teams.
That's all that has to be said. Not happening this year folks.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NEWS FLASH of the future... Jason Jones sacks Jay Cutler in the 1st quarter, knocking Cutler out of the game with another concussion.

Seahawks roll to a relatively easy 27-13 victory in Chicago on the strength of Marshawn Lynch's legs and Russell Wilson's arm.

Wilson's patience and elusiveness within the pocket were the keys to his throwing for 3 TDs against the Bears' ball-hawking secondary.

Seahawks RULE... Bears drool.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2jdyt4g2 said:
Seattle cannot win on the road vs decent teams. Chicago and Buffalo are decent teams.
That's all that has to be said. Not happening this year folks.

Incorrect!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
kearly":318tmxwu said:
You know what's kind of sad? Either the HansGruber's prophecy comes true, or the Seahawks finish with a worse road record than they had last year. Yowza.

On topic, I have a pretty bad feeling about this Chicago game. If we win it it will be the biggest win of the year IMO. Bigger than New England or Green Bay. If there was ever a game to end the Seahawks' streak of not losing by multiple scores, this is it.

I don't know Kearly, Seattle is healthier than Chicago. Chicago's OL is very bad and one would think that we could get some pressure. 2ndly, Chicago hasn't been very good against the run the last 5 weeks allowing 100 yard rushers which plays into our hands.

Chicago all year long has feasted off turnovers. When they don't get them they have lost. SEattle is good on that score. IMO this will be a tough game like all the other road games. I don't think Chicago has the firepower to win by mulitple scores and I think the loss to Miami will motivate them to a higher level.

Latest posts