Dish Network No KAYU in Spokane so not Hawks

baumer64

Reaction score
Just noticed that KAYU is pulling the same thing with Dish Network that it did was Direct TV. Only those of us with Dish don't have an option of buying the NFL package so I'm screwed.
Is there a place to stream the games and watch on the computer. Sorry if that's a stupid question but I've never needed another option to watch the Seahawks.

Galen96

Reaction score
Wouldn't this be one of the headline games in the morning?

Are you sure your local Fox isn't showing it?

LawHawk

Reaction score
KAYU is his local Fox. This is a "carriage fee" dispute, meaning the game is on the channel, but the channel isn't carried by Dish Network.

I am not familiar with this particular dispute, but since it's a local channel, can't you run to Best Buy and get an HD antenna and watch the game over broadcast for free?

These things totally blow and I really hope the trend of losing channels because of carriage disputes is a thing of the past in a few years.

Galen96

Reaction score
Well thats a load of bs. Support your local sports bar! They will be airing it!

The Radish

Reaction score
Just checked after reading this and yes its Fox wanting more money to show its stuff on cable.

I love this "at the last minute stuff".

Well if this happens then it will be a football free day for me.

:roll:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The funny part is when this happened with DirecTV what was one of their suggested solutions? SWITCH to DISH NETWORK!

Sorry guys. If the dispute remains a few weeks I'll plan a viewing party in my basement.

AVL

Reaction score
It bothers me how over the last 20 years we have been conned into paying to watch advertising.

pinksheets

Reaction score
LawHawk":pyxs02p1 said:
KAYU is his local Fox. This is a "carriage fee" dispute, meaning the game is on the channel, but the channel isn't carried by Dish Network.

I am not familiar with this particular dispute, but since it's a local channel, can't you run to Best Buy and get an HD antenna and watch the game over broadcast for free?

These things totally blow and I really hope the trend of losing channels because of carriage disputes is a thing of the past in a few years.
Yessir, that's how I watch my Hawks games. I stream exclusively, don't bother with any television package, and have a $10 rabbit ears antenna that gets me my Seahawks football.

grizbob

Reaction score
The Radish":1o6hlo42 said:
Just checked after reading this and yes its Fox wanting more money to show its stuff on cable.

I love this "at the last minute stuff".

Well if this happens then it will be a football free day for me.

:roll:

Welcome to my world Les :cry:

Allseahawk

Reaction score
If you have a digital tv then you can probably get by with a paper clip in the back of your tv. Just switch over to your off air input and scan for all available channels. You will be surprised.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pinksheets":1bluqhzp said:
(I) have a $10 rabbit ears antenna that gets me my Seahawks football.
Yep, works like a charm if you have no major obstructions between you and the broadcast signal and are within the broadcast area. I would guess over to Couer d' Alene and over to Cheney up to Chewelah and down to at least Rosalia are easily covered. If it weren't for ESPN, A&E and History Channel, all of which I watch regularly, I'd go to over the air only. I get all the local Portland stations with $10 rabbit ears except KATU channel 2. If I went over the air only viewing only, I'd get a $40 "powered" antennae to get that channel as well (my cousin does TV this way and bought that type of antennae and gets all the channels). Oh, and even with the cheap $10 rabbit ears you get all the HD channels over the air.

However as Allseahawk said above, this only works with a digital TV. The old analog TVs no longer pick up over the air signals as those signals are now all digital.

taz291819

Reaction score
AVL":1rrs9nmw said:
It bothers me how over the last 20 years we have been conned into paying to watch advertising.

You can blame the big networks for this. Most networks own a handful of TV stations themselves (called O&O, Owned and Operated), and when carriage rights come up, they group all of their stations together, in order to demand higher fees.

Privately owned stations, no matter the affiliation, took notice of this, and started to demand higher fees themselves.

morgulon1

Reaction score
fox can eat dog shit. Holding my Seahawks for ransom. I might just cancel DISH and ssave 100.00 per month.

grizbob

Reaction score
Dish can kiss my rear end, I'm cancelling in April '13 when my contract expires, come on Sunday Ticket :0190l:

DohBoy

Reaction score
There's always the Swinging Doors; things have gotten better there this season, namely as the Powder Blue Puffs (Chargers) took a nose dive and the Cali transplants haven't been showing up. Tables of San Diego fans wildly cheering, in spite of their knowledge that the team always flames out come playoff time, was sooooo annoying.

DohBoy

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Have got Dish also but I am out in Davenport so rabbit ears don't work for me out here. Brought in the Dewalt radio from the shop and am going to listen to it old school. It will be the first Seahawks game I haven't seen in about 5 years. Called dish and they gave me a 10 dollar credit for six months and showtime and starz free for 3 months. Pretty crappy trade off but its something.

OP
OP
baumer64

baumer64

Reaction score
Ok... If I were in Spokane, then yes there would be no problem finding somewhere to watch or to go get an antenna. That's not as easy for us that are out on in the hills. I'm 3 hours from Spokane in the Omak area and not really any sports bars in the area here open on a Sunday morning.
Anyway, I've got the radio on through the house tuned to the Hawks and get to watch the Dolphins and Patriots on KREM 2.

OP
OP
baumer64

baumer64

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2bi03csw said:
Dish never had the Ticket. Not something that should be new to you.
No, that was no surprise. I wish they did but because of NFL greed, they make it exclusive to Direct TV so they can charge more. I would think the NFL could make more offering it to both companies but for some reason they don't.