Playoff picture

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We win our last road game and this team can legitimately be looking at 11-5. If the Niners lose one game outside of facing us and we're playing for the division. They are at New England.

So I think we win out and we win the division.

But now let's look at HFA. GB, the Giants and Chicago have 4 losses. Green Bay plays Chicago in Chicago. If the Bears win that one, the Bears then have three road games. I like our chances to finish with a tiebreaker against them if we win out. That leaves the Giants. At Washington, At Baltimore, At Atlanta, home against NO. What are the odds they win out? But they finish tied with us and they have the better conference record. Still, losing two of those road games looks very possible, meaning we win out we take the #2 slot if Green Bay loses one, Chicago loses one, the Niners lose to the Pats and the Giants lose two.

Which sounds like a lot to ask for, but given the remaining schedules for all teams concerned and it is very doable.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I agree, the biggest games left are SF at home, and BUF on the road.

ARI is in a shambles, really, but we can't sleep on the Rams. Even then, if we fix nothing, with the way both teams are playing, we still beat the Rams.

Funny thing, HFA is great, but I'd actually rather play the Giants there than here. THe Giants are a much better road team.

edit: Buffalo is going to be tough, and key. Their win today still gives them some daylight at a wildcard. They actually have something to play for.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Bills game will be a major challenge, especially if we're without Sherman and Browner.

The Niners are the Niners and can never be taken lightly.

Even the Rams won't be the cupcake game they've been in recent years, They're 4-0-1 in the division now.

Lot of games to be played, but this win was huge for our playoff hopes

sturg78

Reaction score
This team can't sleep on anyone. We had a good day but we are a long way from dominant. CBs getting suspended will hurt a bit.

chris98251

Reaction score
For us every game is a play off game going forward, no cupcakes and everything to play for. Each team we play has a reason to want to kick our asses. To knock us out of the playoffs and elevate their chances. Or pride and a conference win. We have to have the take no prisoners attitude and put people away.

sam1313

Reaction score
I am a long, long way from projecting that we win out. Could we? Absolutely. Will we? With the potential suspensions, potential injuries, and overall sloppy play by the D, I would be really surprised. Nevertheless, 9-7 or 10-6 likely get us into the dance!

Latest posts