The upside of all these close games

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Although the nail-biting finishes is taking a toll on the fans general health, I definitely think for the future it's a great thing that our young team is getting experience playing in these kinds of games almost every week.

We are building up the mental scar tissue.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Fair way of looking at it. I also like being able to watch 4 quarters of football because we have a chance rather than get pissed and turn off the tv 3 mins into the 3rd.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Good point. I agree, we are still "learning" how to win. How to finish teams off-- We were successfull against Dallas, Minn, Jets, Panthers. Not so successfull against Lion's and Dolphins. In other games we're learning rally back late in games- Against Bears, Patriots, Packers, Wheras we stumbled against the Cards, 49ers, Rams.

All this experience should pay off down the road.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Basis4day":157zyvtv said:
Fair way of looking at it. I also like being able to watch 4 quarters of football because we have a chance rather than get pissed and turn off the tv 3 mins into the 3rd.

So true. So glad those days are behind us.

It cracked me up when PC was on the Brock and Salk show this morning and Brock mentioned something about how it's killing the Seahawks fans these late game issues. PC said we need to "toughen up" or "suck it up" while laughing. Pretty funny.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
What is the average loss margin..5 points? Have we ever seen anything like that? We have seen some huge wins and huge losses in past years..but I don’t think we have ever seen this level of consistency. Teams should be very afraid of any team this consistent. Now they know they can win on the road, and having to win twice in Chicago should have hammered it home.

Until they fixed the road crap I was thinking 9-7 and convinced should they get a wild card it would be 1 and done. I wanted to see them not only win on the road but do it Convincingly. Yesterday with the bad calls, then with those two drives on the road, in crunch time on the bears D..i'll call it convincing.

Will they....? I don't know. Can they? yes they can :3:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Battle Hardened. They've been to the wall in the blood and the guts and learned to take a win by sheer force! They are well on their way to becoming grizzled veteran football warriors! Someone cue up the Kellen Winslow "Ima SOLDIER!" talk! I wanna go hit something!! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1iyq1h3g said:
Basis4day":1iyq1h3g said:

Right on.

Exactly. I was THIS CLOSE to turning off the game multiple times yesterday, but I kept it on because I knew it was going to be a one score game at the end.

It always is.

Had to watch, and so glad I did.

PAT206

Reaction score
the way i see it, once were able to win the close games, we'll be unstoppable

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I haven't posted on here so much this year. But I have been saying this all season long to my friends.

I keep reading and hearing people say "So what if the game was close? All that matters is the result." I'm sorry. But I couldn't disagree more. This isn't a veteran team on it's last legs in put up or shut up mode. This is a crazy young team that is only getting started. Experience matters, folks. And you only get experience one way. And our rookie qb and his teammates that are growing around him have gone through a sizeable amount of clutch time situations for a team this young and early in it's development. Practice makes perfect, right? Malcolm Gladwell has his 10,000 hour rule that basically says you need to do something a lot before you can master it. Well our Hawks and our QBotF took a crash course in last minute nail-biter games. And if you can't see how such experience would pay off down the road, you don't understand anything.

As much as that game in Arizona stung. I remember after saying to my dad that experiences like this are only going to serve Russell Wilson down the road. That very few people in any profession walk in and master it all from day one. Had similar thoughts after STL, Det, and Miami. Watching RW yesterday, it's easy to look back on those games now as necessary lessons for our young offense.

Now if we could only get the defense to learn how to play in clutch situations on the road.