Maybe no Flex for Hawks/Niners?

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/47087668/ns/sports-nfl/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=18[/urltargetblank]

I noticed on the506.com website where they list the viewing maps that they have added the Sunday matchup for that weekend and were showing Chargers/Jets that night, so I went to the NBC website and clicked a link to a slideshow that shows all the scheduled NBC Matchups. It shows all the matchups through week 16, and week 17 isn't listed yet. They also have Chargers vs. Jets as shown in the link above. This seems to answer the question many have had.

I for one am kind of grateful, because it means I can watch it live instead of delayed on my DVR.

Edited the title to make it more accurate

HawkRedhooker

Reaction score
The link still says "subject to change do to flex scheduling". I don't think it is answered yet. I cannot see the chargers/Jets being a game they keep in that slot.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
kidhawk":2jsfke7b said:
[urltargetblank]http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/47087668/ns/sports-nfl/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=18[/urltargetblank]

I noticed on the506.com website where they list the viewing maps that they have added the Sunday matchup for that weekend and were showing Chargers/Jets that night, so I went to the NBC website and clicked a link to a slideshow that shows all the scheduled NBC Matchups. It shows all the matchups through week 16, and week 17 isn't listed yet. They also have Chargers vs. Jets as shown in the link above. This seems to answer the question many have had.

I for one am kind of grateful, because it means I can watch it live instead of delayed on my DVR.

I believe the NFL reserves a minimum of 12 days to flex a game, and 6 days in week 17. As far as I have heard, week 16-17 have not been announced yet. We should know by next week if that game gets flexed.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
NBC has until Tuesday of the week before to decide if/who to flex. So for week sixteen they have until 12/11 to make a decision.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
HawkRedhooker":c437kfvb said:
The link still says "subject to change do to flex scheduling". I don't think it is answered yet. I cannot see the chargers/Jets being a game they keep in that slot.

Flexing does not take place until the at the most 2 weeks prior to the said game. Between the Cardinals and Bills game week, we should find out.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I say there is a 95 percent change that Chargers-Jets game gets flexed out. I think the possible options are:

Seahawks-49ers 50%
Giants-Ravens 30%
Bengals-Steelers 20%

HawkRedhooker

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":35jrqqi6 said:
I say there is a 95 percent change that Chargers-Jets game gets flexed out. I think the possible options are:

Seahawks-49ers 50%
Giants-Ravens 30%
Bengals-Steelers 20%

I think if the 49ers lose a game in the next 2 weeks and Seattle continues to win, the Seahawks 49ers would be the one to flex in. But if not, i see them flexing in the Bengals-Steelers because it's the Steelers and they and Cinci are fighing for the last wild card.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well that space was empty when I checked it last week, so they have added that game since then. It makes no sense to add the game if that's not the one they are planning on showing.

The rule states they must have chosen a game to flex no closer than 12 days. Nothing stops them from deciding earlier.

Also, for those saying there's no way, The Jets pull in WAY more of an audience than the Seahawks, even when their games are meaningless.

Also, the "matchup could change due to flex scheduling" is on every page, even the ones already played, so that in itself doesn't mean anything.

With all that said, please just let me enjoy the fantasy for one more week. I really want to watch this one live :)

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
There is a good chance if 49ers lose to New England or perhaps even Miami. Pats will be playing for a bye and Miami next week more for pride.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chargers/Jets will no question be flexed.

FOX may very well protect our game though. If they don't I could also see Bengals/Steelers being flexed as that game may have playoff implications on it too. Giants/Ravens may not mean a whole lot if both teams take care of business these next few weeks.

I'd say it's between our game and the Bengals/Steelers one.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3dher73q said:

FOX may very well protect our game though. If they don't I could also see Bengals/Steelers being flexed as that game may have playoff implications on it too. Giants/Ravens may not mean a whole lot if both teams take care of business these next few weeks.

Adding more fuel to the fire, the Niners have had 4 prime time games. They are scheduled their fifth (and supposed final) prime time game in week 15, so if I understand correctly, that would eliminate that game from being flexed up.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kidhawk":2h1ycedh said:
Hasselbeck":2h1ycedh said:

Adding more fuel to the fire, the Niners have had 4 prime time games. They are scheduled their fifth (and supposed final) prime time game in week 15, so if I understand correctly, that would eliminate that game from being flexed up.

In Weeks 16 and 17, NBC always tries to put games with playoff implications on in prime-time.. so the Niners being on NBC the week before shouldn't affect it. Hell, Seattle could very well be on NBC in Week 17 too if that's the only game that has any playoff implications.

It really depends on what game FOX and CBS protect.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3u19ogxf said:
kidhawk":3u19ogxf said:
Hasselbeck":3u19ogxf said:

In Weeks 16 and 17, NBC always tries to put games with playoff implications on in prime-time.. so the Niners being on NBC the week before shouldn't affect it. Hell, Seattle could very well be on NBC in Week 17 too if that's the only game that has any playoff implications.

It really depends on what game FOX and CBS protect.

Except, I've read in several articles as I've been researching, that teams are allowed no more than 5 Prime Time games in any given season. This rule alone should stop the game from being televised.

BTW, here is confirmation that the week 14 and 15 didn't change, so it does look like 16 is still in the air....

[urltargetblank]http://nflcommunications.com/2012/11/26/weeks-14-15-flexible-scheduling-no-changes-to-original-schedules/[/urltargetblank]

So the Niners are definitely getting their 5th prime time game. Anyone know if that truly is the max as I've seen posted around the internet (I saw it on the internet so it must be true right?)

SeaTown81

Reaction score
If we win the next 2 & SF loses in NE, there is no way our game shouldn't be flexed.

That said, my money is on Pitt-Cincy. High likelihood there are playoff implications. And it's the Steelers. TV ratings and fan ratio rules in the end.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1pvqbub7 said:
If we win the next 2 & SF loses in NE, there is no way our game shouldn't be flexed.
NBC has to make a decision on their week 16 game before week 15 is played.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
San Francisco is on Sunday Night Football the week before our game when they play at New England. Would they really put the 49ers on the same primetime game two weeks in a row?

Latest posts