Mike Carey since 2008

HommyHawk

Reaction score
I know we pulled this one out but was I trippin when after a call Mike Carey looked like he was tellin another ref
to call a hold (i mean with his look and gesture?) i don"t have a dvr.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HommyHawk":hrwdg6zk said:
I know we pulled this one out but was I trippin when after a call Mike Carey looked like he was tellin another ref
to call a hold (i mean with his look and gesture?) i don"t have a dvr.

I saw that and thought it was funny too. Doubt we'll ever know for sure what was going on there.

sturg78

Reaction score
I don't believe in an active plot by the refs to screw us, but he sure made it harder to keep my tinfoil hat off. Not all the calls were bad, but they sure were ill timed and ticky tack. Conversely, the bears got away with a lot of non-calls. It didn't help that he seemed really disappointed (as stated in the game day thread) with giving us that last TD.

razgriz737

Reaction score
sturg78":2n66irx0 said:
I don't believe in an active plot by the refs to screw us, but he sure made it harder to keep my tinfoil hat off. Not all the calls were bad, but they sure were ill timed and ticky tack. Conversely, the bears got away with a lot of non-calls. It didn't help that he seemed really disappointed (as stated in the game day thread) with giving us that last TD.
Agreed. I've never been one to believe conspiracy theories, and I'm still not, but that game provided a hell of a lot of ammo for those who do.

decaff907

Reaction score
I think that if there was indeed a conspiracy, the refs would have found a way for chicago to steal that game.

Riley12

Reaction score
I saw that too - the "hold" signal and smirk, but I constantly read too much into too little

Plus, I was already pissed off at the refs by that point, so my attitude was more like "Of course."

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Before yesterday, the Seahawks were 1-6 in the past seven games that Carey's crew had officiated. If Carey's crew had their way it would now be 1-7. This inludes the '08 - '12 reg seasons. That's one win in five years with this joker's crew...until yesterday.

The Bears game yesterday, enough said. Possibly the most one sided officiated regular season game I've ever watched. One personal foul against SEA.

His crew did the Rams game in week 4. Three personal fouls against SEA. I remember two ticky-tack personal fouls being called on Giacomini in that game. And it seems like another ticky-tack personal foul on Clemons after an interception.

2011, week 7 at Celveland (the Marshawn back spasm game). The "Game Winning" punt return for a touchdown by Leon Washington that was negated by a phantom block in the back call during the return. Two personal fouls called agianst SEA. The one when Kam sacked the QB on a picture perfect form tackle but was called for the phantom "blow to the head". Also in that game, Red Bryant was ejected.

2010, week 11 at New Orleans. Three personal fouls called aginst the Seahawks. A called INT that Seattle had to challenge to get reversed. On a key drive we stop NO on 3rd down...but the drive continues after a roughing the passer call. Saints go on to score a touchdown.

Finding data on the '09 and '08 games is tough, and I do actually have a life.

In the games mentioned above, not one single personal foul was called on Seattle's opponents.

Mike Carey and his wife own a company called Seirus Innovation. One of their biggest competitors is a company called K2 Sports. K2 Sports is based in Seattle. (Just sayin')

Most of my research was derived from CBS Sportsline and done with a beer in hand.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawksfan515":3imuxqp5 said:
Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.

How's this whining? He's presenting us with information.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1jxy3q0t said:
Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.
It's not whining when its as egregious and blatant as yesterday's game. When the announcers make several comments about the officiating, they're not doing too well.

And we're not just talking penalties here.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Situation: Chicago had the ball, fourth-and-inches at the Seattle 15-yard line with 12:55 left in the second quarter. Chicago led 7-0.

The Play: Chicago running back Michael Bush carried the ball for no gain and the Bears turned the ball over on downs.

My Take: Referee Mike Carey went over to the replay booth to review the spot and that’s a no-no. He did come out and say the play was not subject to review by the replay official.

The only way this play could have been reviewed was if the Bears had challenged. A lot of people were confused because they felt that all turnovers were subject to review by the replay official. That’s not the case when it comes to failure to make a first down. It’s a change of possession, but it is not considered a turnover.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/week ... ect-120212

This from former head of officals, now Fox Sports coorspondant Mike Pereira.

We were very close from having Carey change that 4th down call over turned.

What up Carey!?

rpmischris

Reaction score
Great info. Perhaps we could start a seahawks movement to ban his officiating crew from officiating our games?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I usually hate complaining about the refs - and we've had our share of 'fortune' with those guys this year. But yeah, yesterday's game was a joke. Every little thing was called against Seattle. Nothing against the Bears. Turning over the Edwards touchdown was farcical. I mean - even on the game winning play. Why no flag for the hit on Rice? Defenseless receiver? Helmet to helmet? That should've been touchdown or half the distance to the goal. And why the seemingly never ending review at the end. It was a clear touchdown.

Hopefully we don't get that crew again for a while.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The guy is a meddlesome joke of an official. Can't stand him.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
When's the last time somebody got called for holding Bruce or Clem? Because I'm pretty sure they get held on almost every play.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
At least Bill Leavy had the decency to admit he botched the SBXL* calls against us. To the point of losing sleep over it.

Mike Carey is the Honey Badger of officials.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
hawksfan515":23ethlo0 said:
if you agreed with nearly all those penalties then you no absolutely nothing about football

Greenhell

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2n229mkp said:
When's the last time somebody got called for holding Bruce or Clem? Because I'm pretty sure they get held on almost every play.

I'm usually hollering at the screen every damn Sunday because of the blatant holding on our DEs. It's sickening.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3dp4a6cf said:

First point, I do not whine (in general). Second point, I had no idea penalties were measeured by weight. Third point, who cares if you agreed with the calls or not? I wasn't asking. Fourth point, what research have you done to support your statement that ALL refs make bad calls? Last point, congratulations on getting this one...the Seahawks did win the game.

Lighten up dude, I thought some Seahawk fans would find the info interesting.