How confident are you all about a win this weekend?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm @ 90%. They just lost to the JETS 7-6 IIRC. There offense sucks and it's a road game. I forsee a 24-7 score. Similar to the JETS game.

King Dog

Reaction score
It may sound cliche, but there is no easy win in the NFL.

The Cardinals D is stout. If Kolb comes back, we got a ballgame on our hands.

Jase

Reaction score
Pete needs this game to finally get above 7 wins in a season for the Hawks. I think he'll have these boys prepared. And no one beats us at home.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Basis4day":5z7n5ib9 said:
Any Given Sunday
You rang?

I'm at 90%.

The game will be tight. I like our chances with Russ much better than any QB that Arizona rolls out.

We protect the ball and we will win.

DericLee

Reaction score
For me it's at 100%.

Not that I take the Cards lightly by an measure.

It's just destiny in my mind that this game will be a win.

If I get tickets, I'll be there in person(my first game of the year), and I know there will be at least one 'angle in the outfield' for that game.

GO HAWKS!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I truly believe that the Bears win will be the catalyst to go on a winning streak. This team now believes. Dangerous. Er, DangeRUSS.

AND being at home? Come on man, the Cardinals are going down.

ensett

Reaction score
Cardinals have the worst QB and worst Oline in the league, and they'll be in our house. I don't see how we dont destroy that offense so badly and set a couple record along the way

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident. I know lots of folks here are rightfully concerned about what happened in Week 1 and late last season. It's hard to forget those games when considering the one coming this week.

But here's my response:

1. First off, both of those games were in Arizona. That's a challenge right off the bat. This game is at home, and the Cards haven't beaten us in Seattle since the ugly 2009 season. Their offense hasn't shown up at the Clink, even if their defense has traveled pretty well. I know some might say that we can blame Max Hall and Derek Anderson for the Cards' poor showing here last year, but I counter that by saying "We were starting Tarvaris Jackson early in the season." It's a wash.

2. The Arizona QB situation is not good. Skelton is bad, and Lindley is worse. Even if Kolb is ready to return, he's missed nearly two months of practice. He'll be rusty. And it's not like he was setting the world on fire when he was healthy. He had lost 2 straight (counting the Buffalo game he was knocked out of in the 4th quarter) when injuries forced him from the starting spot, and was on a pretty significant downward trend. Now, I know that people have concerns over our defense, but most of their struggles have been on the road. In the last 2 home games, they punished bad QBs in Ponder and Sanchez. I don't see any reason to think that they can't or won't do the same to Kolb/Skelton/Lindley.

3. The Seahawks offense right now is a completely different animal than the offense the Cards saw in Week 1. Night and day different. In Week 1, Wilson still had rookie all over him, had been splitting reps in training camp, and had zero chemistry with any of his receivers. That is so completely not the case now. Wilson, Rice, and Tate are all working well together, and that's opening things up for Miller and Baldwin. We're no longer just Lynch and a pretense of a passing game. This offense can do (and has done) things now that they simply couldn't do in Week 1.

4. How about that awesome Arizona defense? It really IS a good D. It thrives on turnovers and hits hard. No arguing that. Legitimate cause for concern. However, didn't this Seahawks team just face a really good D that thrives on turnovers and hits hard? Ask most NFL fans which defense is a tougher draw, and I'd bet the majority would say Chicago. This Seahawks team went into Chicago and put together long drives against a defense that is at least equally as tough as Arizona's and wore them out on their own field.

Really, the ONLY thing that concerns me about this game is that the players might be too giddy over the Bears win and lack 100% focus on the Cards. I worry that they might feel a bit too full of themselves like they did coming off of 2 wins and heading into Miami. That said, I expect the coaches to rein that in as much as humanly possible (and the 12th man to have their say about that, too).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ensett":iaczl10e said:
Cardinals have the worst QB and worst Oline in the league

Didn't we hear that in week one?

This would mark the 5th or 6th time that our defensive line was suppose to have their way with an inferior or banged up offensive line, and it's yet to come to fruition. Our D Line is also banged up and not performing as well as they should, so don't count on us manhandling Arizona's line.

Latest posts